1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (Mandarin Mansion Assault

I dunno, while some of the armors are cooler than this piece I would argue that this is really a better representation of Iron Man 3. The film really was more Tony centric and wasn't so much about him being Iron Man. I liked all the armors you mentioned, particularly the Silver Centurion though. The Mark XLII was a massive disappointment if you ask me.

If those receipts for the deposits taken are anywhere close to the US dollar price for this figure and the Silver Centurion I could see myself considering both.

And that's why I loved it. :lecture If I keep my PO for the Mech Test 2.0 and order this one, I'll have three Tonys on my shelf and no actual Mark suits... :lol

Re: Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (Mandarin Mansion Assault

Just posted to Hot Toys FB page. And yes, there IS the Dora the Explorer watch! Awesome.

526799_10151516707977344_589684500_n.jpg

1006268_10151516708032344_1322636967_n.jpg

It looks like HT have finally nailed RDJ's likeness.

It looks like HT have finally nailed RDJ's likeness.

Agreed, that sculpt looks amazing. I loved how Tony spent a majority of IM3 out of the suit. He had to overcome failure and use his brain to solve problems instead of just hopping into an armor and blowing crap up for 120 minutes. This is what made the first IM film such a success imo.

I just noticed, shouldn't the shirt have an aim logo on it?

Agreed, that sculpt looks amazing. I loved how Tony spent a majority of IM3 out of the suit. He had to overcome failure and use his brain to solve problems instead of just hopping into an armor and blowing crap up for 120 minutes. This is what made the first IM film such a success imo.

I always thought it was funny how they said months before the movie came out that it would be this way, then a lot of people moaned and complained that he didn't spend enough time in the suit after they saw the movie.

I always thought it was funny how they said months before the movie came out that it would be this way, then a lot of people moaned and complained that he didn't spend enough time in the suit after they saw the movie.

maybe they couldnt read :lol:lol

:exactly::goodpost:

You planning to pick this guy up?

Agreed. Really reminded me of certain parts in the comics too, where he had to run around and fend for himself when he didn't have ready access to his suits. :clap

Agreed. Really reminded me of certain parts in the comics too, where he had to run around and fend for himself when he didn't have ready access to his suits. :clap

Exactly! We got to see his ingenuity again when he's out of the suit & his back is against the wall - just like the Iron Man cave scene. It's not like the 3rd movie cheated anyone out of armors, they reeled off a 22 minute battle scene of I can't even remember how many armors. :D

Does anyone know if this the same head sculpt as the Workshop Tony allegedly coming out in August?

Does anyone know if this the same head sculpt as the Workshop Tony allegedly coming out in August?

Looks to be. The eyes appear to be looking more to the side, though, than the workshop HS.

Looks to be. The eyes appear to be looking more to the side, though, than the workshop HS.

Thanks, for answering. That's what I've been thinking too, but it just looks so much more like Downey here than it does on the product pics for Workshop Tony.

I'll probably wind up pre-ordering this guy sometime in the next few months (since I doubt it will sell out when it goes up for PO) since this is from my favorite part of the movie. Loved his entrance and escape.

Thanks, for answering. That's what I've been thinking too, but it just looks so much more like Downey here than it does on the product pics for Workshop Tony.

You've maybe been looking at the prototype images for workshop Tony.
The recent images are of a far better likeness.

Back