Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the best thing is that rotting rubber looks perfectly in place on your model.
amazing skills.

Thank u! Ha yeh the model already had cracked rubber at the joints when I got it but think it made my application of dust & dirt settling in the nooks and cracks more effective.

I hodge podge the dome when I first got it but now it's a bit shiny for my liking...so gonna make it Matt again with a layer of dusty grime ;P

Quite interested in getting this guy at some point, my main concern is obviously the rubber deteriorating. Has any proper mods/finished been made for it dome and the joints?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite interested in getting this guy at some point, my main concern is obviously the rubber deteriorating. Has any proper mods/finished been made for it dome and the joints?

Still waiting. Hope dwindling ....

Mine's a cracked mess. Cracked to hell within 4 months of getting it. Bad batch of rubber. i didn't notice it until it was too late.

DoggieDoc is willing to fabricate a plastic dome. We just need someone with a rotting dome to send him the body for measurements. DD is an excellent customizer. He would make an excellent new dome. If someone has one that can't be salvaged, send it to him. He's a trustworthy guy.

I checked mine, which was from a first batch and in its box since.
No crack so far. If it did I would have shipped it to doggiedoc.
I'm baffled that no one in the us is sending his to get a fix... I'm willing to chip in for the shipping fees if someone does ship.
As said doggiedoc is a stand up guy.

hi guys how's your figure holding up? how are the rubber parts, to those who have it on their shelves for years? i plan on getting one soon and i need to know your inputs. thank you.

I just checked mines. It's in perfect condition. I used the Honda silicone grease initially. Just two treatments and that was it.

My Ed-209 figure is also displayed inside a glass case. The glass door gaps are covered by clear heat shrink tubing. So not too much dust gets inside it.

I missed out on some pretty good auctions the past week so I'm a bit bummed as I kinda grudge paying retail price for a figure that's potentially bad [emoji30]

Had mine for under a year and a half. Dome started cracking within months of getting it. Mod podge put a stop to it. But the elbow covers have started cracking too. I'm ok with it, the piece is still enormously cool and only a toy nerd would notice any cracking.

20170918_114446.jpgThis is mine today and purchased the first week of release and not a single sign of any cracking or rubber deterioration anywhere including around the legs.
Treated every 6 months with mod podge and the dome is lovely and supple and nice and moist.
These pictures taken today while dusting out my unit.20170918_114551.jpg

Managed to score one at the weekend and he just arrived today before I left for work.
Had a quick look and I'm in love with this piece.
Can anyone do me a solid and point me in the right direction for mod podge to purchase however?

Folks, I've been trying to resist entering the non-Predator/Alien collector lands for quite some time. But the HT DeLorean proved to be one magnificent gateway drug. And here I am.

I've read the last 130 pages or so of this thread, and although a magnificent beast when portrayed in pics, most discussions has revolved around the rubber deterioration.

I don't think it'll keep me from getting him, but I was wondering whether at this point, November 2017, there are any ED's out there with an intact dome and limb/hip rubber? If so, was it tested or non-treated? If treated, when and with what?

Thanks in advance for any all input into this. Trying to get to the bottom of this and see if there's any hope, or if a rubber protector is mandatory. And if so, Honda, Pflege, Modge Podge, or something else?

Back