Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody selling their ED-209? I'm looking to buy

I might be selling mine due to space and new stuff coming in. I applied Honda grease on the rubber dome and parts maybe 3 times and it's still in excellent pristine condition for over year, however long it's been out for since I got it a few months after release. I still have the Honda grease tube too and there's still probably 95% of it left since I didn't need much, so I can include that as well. Not sure what I'm doing yet, but just a heads up in case you're still interested. Trying to sell my Robocop as well, but sorting things out first. How's the value on the guy?

I can't get the little red missiles to go into their launchers far enough to slide the missile launcher back behind the plastic thing it's supposed to be behind. Any thoughts?

I can't get the little red missiles to go into their launchers far enough to slide the missile launcher back behind the plastic thing it's supposed to be behind. Any thoughts?

I'm having the same issue with my new figure. The first one I bought didn't have this issue. Seems like we gotta trim the little tabs in the missle port that prevent them from sliding all the way back, not even sure if my first figure had those... ��

Also, I got my figure for $250 shipped, got lucky on eBay.
Lastly, if I put the Honda grease on my figure, will I have issues with dust sticking to it or does it dry up?

I've got the same issue as well - thought I wasn't doing something right.

So after about 3 months of owning mine and having it sit in a highly air conditioned office the edges of my dome has gotten a couple minor cracks. What's the consensus on this? Apply silicone grease or modge podge?

So after about 3 months of owning mine and having it sit in a highly air conditioned office the edges of my dome has gotten a couple minor cracks. What's the consensus on this? Apply silicone grease or modge podge?

And so it begins... :panic:

Missiles: Be sure to rotate'em until they slide in naturally. That way you'll be able to slide them in completely.

Cracks: If there are only minor cracks use some grease, others can help you better with that.
I can only tell you what I used, which was Liqui Moly. Car rubber care product. I just apply it with a brush every 2-3 months. No problems.
If the cracks are bad, use Mod Podge. I have seen amazing results (through photos on facebook) on a fully cracked dome, where mod podge was applied. 3 layers to be exact. That stuff fills the cracks, gives the rubber back it's fluids and closes it all. After the 3rd layer the cracks were near invisible.

there are so many recasts of HT heads on ebay and no recast of an ED dome. so unfortunate.
my domes look to be ok and shiny, but sleeves and waist have that dull grey effect and cracks.

Well had mine since release day and all is perfect still , only treated it once with mod plodge for the sakes of it when all the horror stories started appearing.

I should give mine a look, although I've had mine since release too and it's been fine as far as I can tell.

Missiles: Be sure to rotate'em until they slide in naturally. That way you'll be able to slide them in completely.

Cracks: If there are only minor cracks use some grease, others can help you better with that.
I can only tell you what I used, which was Liqui Moly. Car rubber care product. I just apply it with a brush every 2-3 months. No problems.
If the cracks are bad, use Mod Podge. I have seen amazing results (through photos on facebook) on a fully cracked dome, where mod podge was applied. 3 layers to be exact. That stuff fills the cracks, gives the rubber back it's fluids and closes it all. After the 3rd layer the cracks were near invisible.

So it sounds like silicone grease is the answer? Any good place to get this?

So it sounds like silicone grease is the answer? Any good place to get this?
if your in the states, I would be willing to send you some

I bought a whole tube of it and have a ton left, I've sent another member on this board some as well

Is silicon grease the preferred method? I looked up modge podge and it seems to be some kind of glue...

Is silicon grease the preferred method? I looked up modge podge and it seems to be some kind of glue...

You guys: where should I get silicon grease? Or should I get modge podge? I really just want someone to send me to a link where I can get whatever goop I'm supposed to.

i dunno but maybe nobody answers because 2/3 of this thread literally consists of this question and answers?...
i didn't study the question, when i need it, i'll just check the thread again :)

Back