Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...this quickly turned from, "Burn Hot Toys like the dogs they are!" To, "Hey you collector! Yeah you with E.D. 2.0.9. Com'mear you..."

This isn't about us turning on one another. There are levels of tolerance that will baffle some and delight others. Who cares. We need to focus on either still brow beating Hot Toys or finding a solution. Ultimately, all of us want the figure. Some of us just have to keep it no matter what. And others just want to buy it dry rot be damned! And that's all ok.

Now I just greased my ED dome (that didn't come out right) and it still looks as prestine as it did from day one. But I did notice that the dome is pretty thin. If mine degrades, or when as it might be, I think I can restore it with speaker fabric. I think I'm gonna make a template and I would be willing to try and help someone restore theirs that is too far gone to be saved.

So far we have had
silicone
mod podge
303 aerospace protectant.

for an ed209 that has yet to crack, what is the best fix to start with?
the 303?

I should have took Difabio's wait and see stance. I wouldn't have bought it knowing in advance what was going to happen, not after the last release. There was just no excuse for Hot Toys ****ing this one up aswell when there were surefire alternatives to avoid problems.

I usually do. My golden rule is never buy something until people have them in hand.

The only time I've ever broken it was for this and Robocop, so that's now guaranteed to have rubber parts that rot as well.

So far we have had
silicone
mod podge
303 aerospace protectant.

for an ed209 that has yet to crack, what is the best fix to start with?
the 303?

My money's on the silicone. Obviously. Otherwise I would have put something else on it.

My 2c.

Bet it's one of the returns.

Someone is gonna get Franpincho's old ED.

on a week long trip with the family, turned up the ac to 80, kinda worried eds dome is going to rot, considering i keep the ac at 68 when home
i live in north houston, tx
will report back sat or sun

Update from secretcompass, they're willing to take a return on the item but I eat shipping costs originally sent to me and back to them since I received free shipping the first time around...

Update from secretcompass, they're willing to take a return on the item but I eat shipping costs originally sent to me and back to them since I received free shipping the first time around...

Do it. We are all eating the shipping costs here with SSC too. Hell, they are even taking the RP points back. Not that it surprises me, as I actually think that's fair.

Ups charged me $15 to ship this guy back to SSC, it was actually cheaper than any other option. And it was indeed cheaper that what I paid SSC to ship it to me trough the SAME carrier to begin with.

Of course your mileage may vary as I'm really close to CA. But I'd check with them first.

Back