Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just packed up ED.
Tomorrow he´s gone and then the wait for the new one is on.
:(

Do you mean wait for a new possibly defective HT one or new figure/company all together?

Now I just need to be able to remove the legs and get him back in his styrofoam home...

So I haven't even opened my ED yet, for lack of a spot to display him. Has anyone tried returning to Sideshow unopened?

Any advice/tips on how to remove the legs, I watched the youtube video of that one dude doing it so easily, but I don't want to risk damaging the figure, any other methods?

EDIT: scratch that, managed to pop it off w/ a letter opener because I didn't have a slotted screw driver lying around...

EDIT #2: I must admit tho, I'm pretty sad returning this figure.

Update from secretcompass, they're willing to take a return on the item but I eat shipping costs originally sent to me and back to them since I received free shipping the first time around...

Can you elaborate more? I ordered mine from secretcompass when they had it for $321. They are will to accept a return?

Yes, just contact them and explain to them that you do not want to have a defective product and they should be willing to provide a refund, minus shipping to and from. I explained to them that my dome is still pristine but its inevitable that it will eventually crack, I also informed them that the rubber joint pieces have started to degrade slightly...

New ED-209 is on his way.
My seller advised me not to touch the dome during assembly.
Did HT advise him in turn?
Does touching it affect the integrity?

What rubbish!! You should have asked them for some surgical gloves..
My ED is long gone now.. what sad times are upon us : (

New ED-209 is on his way.
My seller advised me not to touch the dome during assembly.
Did HT advise him in turn?
Does touching it affect the integrity?

I don't think a replacement is going to help fix the dome. Hot Toys needs to address the issue and send free plastic replacement pieces to everyone who bought this but they won't so %$#@ 'em.

Cancelled mine as I am not taking the risk with a 400 euro figure. It's a shame as I was looking forward to it but I guess Robo will have to do for now.

Unpacked my new ED209.
Still shiny and w/o cracks...

It's such a shame that they messed up this really beautiful figure.

Can't wait for Murph!

Back