Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He even wrote a proviso:

But that isn't to say that it won't develop the issue later.

I've noticed recently when UK retailers announce on their Facebook pages that the figure is arriving soon - buyers report back that they're looking forward to receiving it. :panic:

I wonder as well how many are even aware of the possible problem.

I was one of those people. I had no idea there was a problem. I only found out about it because I was having trouble with the remote and wanted to see if any one else was.
I remember v1 having problems and was really shocked to find out v2 was having exactly the same problem.

He also listed it as a new unopened product, while saying it had a scratch and the dome was fine.
He knows damn well what he is doing.

I checked mine again today, deterioration is advancing at a shocking rate. Larger major cracks are now starting appear. These things will be dust in a couple of months.

Still couldn't really see cracks last I checked. I was annoyed at the dust on it though despite the plastic bag I have over it. And with the stickiness of the dome it sure doesn't come off easy.

Hot Toys rubber loves the swedish climate :D. Had both my RE Chris, Sheva and Sarah Connor in the most armbending poses you can imagine, and no cracking of any rubber whatsoever (they have been with me since the release). Getting the ED 209 next week ... lol, my luck might run out eh?

Sold mine on eBay this week. Lost £40 and it's not even out in the UK yet!! Gutted I had it and now it's gone. Someone at HT needs to do something!!!

He even wrote a proviso:

But that isn't to say that it won't develop the issue later.

I've noticed recently when UK retailers announce on their Facebook pages that the figure is arriving soon - buyers report back that they're looking forward to receiving it. :panic:

I wonder as well how many are even aware of the possible problem.

Exactly!! most, if not all dont have cracks straight from the box, as we all know its a few months later.

Still couldn't really see cracks last I checked. I was annoyed at the dust on it though despite the plastic bag I have over it. And with the stickiness of the dome it sure doesn't come off easy.

plastic bag could be what's slowing your cracks. less air.

OhdearGod_zpsd4231d39.gif

I still have him in my room, all boxed up. I see people doing these chemical applications, crossing their fingers, still having a 1:6 ED on their shelves. I've debated and debated with myself, and all I need to do is print the RMA and go to UPS, two blocks away.

But I'm gonna do it anyway. I just can't take a risk, and I won't accept "Oh well, this is as good as it's gonna get." Screw that. Take this back, and give me my $400 big ones. I don't even expect such quality from something Mattel would make.

Some days now after mod podge adding and still in perfect condition. It sealed the dome. It is not sticky anymore like before the treatment (easier to dust). It did not loose the shine. It feels like a plastic shell now (but still some kind of soft, it is not rockhard after the treatment). I can't be happier :)
The secret seems to be to add the mod podge right after unboxing so it has no chance to crack.

Will this mod podge do anything if mine has already started to crack? Obviously it wont fix the cracks but will it stop it from cracking more?

No, I could still cancel. But I want ED so will take the risk. In the grand scheme of things, I've wasted more money on less in the past.

That's kind of my thinking as well, no matter how warped it might seem to others that I'm just prepared to suck it up and accept a shoddy offering. No doubt, it's a ****** situation to find yourself in after shelling out on what is, supposed to be, a high end product but, screw it, I spend more than that on useless crap that's gone in an instant every couple of weeks. I'm applying the mod podge, whacking Ed in a specially made case and enjoying that magnificent malfunctioning motherf####r for as long as I can. Whilst it might merely be a case of delaying the inevitable (and I'll still have to witness him wither and die and end up looking like a wheelie bin with legs) I'd rather choose that option over getting my cash back or crossing my fingers in the futile that Hot Toys will hold their hands up and somehow try to make amends.

Me also. It looks so #### good. And i just got to have ED beside my upcoming Robocop. Just have to replace dome or use some lotion.
I don`t want to pass on Robocop and ED just because of the faulty dome.

Back