Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked mine up from the PO.

The good news? No cracks! Out of the box it's pristine.

The bad news? I know it's coming....

Yes, I was unimpressed with the overall production of the piece. I know that Neca is famous for their movie accurate sculpts and the ED209 was no exception. If only the assembly and paint apps would match the prototypes more often, I would be more apt to keep my purchases. But like I said, I am really diggin the Aliens line right now.

Yes, I was unimpressed with the overall production of the piece. I know that Neca is famous for their movie accurate sculpts and the ED209 was no exception. If only the assembly and paint apps would match the prototypes more often, I would be more apt to keep my purchases. But like I said, I am really diggin the Aliens line right now.

The Aliens line is great for character diversity but it is equally if not more blighted by poor production and paint than ED-209 was...

I think NECA's ED-209 is great, possibly one of NECA's best 7" scale figures.

The first one I received had some bad paint issues, but I got my replacement which ended up being perfect. The sculpting is top notch, the articulation is fine (I didn't care about the lack of toes) and it was a great companion piece to the 7" Robocop, I thought. Besides, atleast he sounded like ED-209 form the films. Really couldn't have asked for more I don't think.

Its great. And as far as I can tell it's not gonna ****ing disintegrate before my eyes! How much did it cost again, let me check up on that....

:goodpost::exactly:

..mine cost £54 ($70 from BBTS) and its a 10" Figure with authentic sound from the movie.. which puts the Kenner figure in perspective, unless Vintage format is a must for the collector.. and now is probably not the best time for folks to be running it down, in comparison to the MMS204.

Yeah, I offered a guy like £40 for one that was in real good condition with intact box but he declined. He ended up getting like £30 when bidding ended. Kenner and Kotobukiya versions are what I'm looking for at the moment.

Imho, the Kotobukiya ED209 is on the small side and if you like the vintage format, then the Kenner is probably better.. unless you are putting together an ED209 collection.

And I see one suspicious area on the neck.
debatable question, but as the shoulders, arms and back are above that zone, it's definitely "waist", not "neck" :)

assault_mech_WIP_01.jpg

GlobeX_Mech.png

Zoison_Assault_Mech_6_0_III_by_Geffex.jpg

ED is mech-shaped, and they have a waist there.

nerd.gif

Last edited:
He was so happy he got his ed, he just wanted to share.
Must be a horrible feeling, reading all that **** after that.

it is a nice figure rubber aside. I still cant believe SSC hasn't agreed to my return yet. They said claims take 2-3 business days to finish.
Is that typical or does it normally take longer?

For ****s and giggles: :lol

My email:

"Your ED209 Collectible is faulty.

The rubber is cracking and breaking down after just a few weeks.

What is your policy regarding parts which have been manufactured incorrectly?
And no, I did not buy it through Sideshow or one of your official dealers.
If I had, what would you be offering? A replacement set with similarly faulty parts?

You do not have official dealers or "official channels" in Ireland or UK.

You manufactured this faulty item and you should be taking responsibility for your mistake.

Regards,

Rory ********"

Their answer:

"Hello,

Would you please provide the sales receipt & the photo support for our checking?

We will get back to you soon after receiving the above information.
Thanks!

Remarks: After-sales service will only be provided for first-hand purchase via official channels.
After-sales service is not applicable for purchase on online auction sites (e.g. eBay, Yahoo) and unofficial channels.

Due to the limited edition nature of our collectibles, we cannot guarantee that all accessories or items can be replaced. Please note that over 30 days of purchase or product released for more than 1 year will NOT be accepted. Hot Toys reserves final rights on all replacement requests.

Best regards,
TF/ Hot Toys"

I think it's hilarious that they have a "customer service" operation which just cuts and pastes a template completely disregarding who you are or what the problem is. These things are ****ing expensive guys, we forget that sometimes in a consumer context, I really cannot think of any other manufacturer who would get away with this. These *******s won't even stand by their own products. You know I sent that mail, knowing exactly the response I would get. But yet, strangely, I find myself angered by it this morning. I may actually do what i've been threatening to do for quite a while and stop buying Hot Toys. I feel like I've outgrown them lately and this might just be prudent timing.

What a bunch of obnoxious bell ends.

Last edited:
For ****s and giggles: :lol

My email:

"Your ED209 Collectible is faulty.

The rubber is cracking and breaking down after just a few weeks.

What is your policy regarding parts which have been manufactured incorrectly?
And no, I did not buy it through Sideshow or one of your official dealers.
If I had, what would you be offering? A replacement set with similarly faulty parts?

You do not have official dealers or "official channels" in Ireland or UK.

You manufactured this faulty item and you should be taking responsibility for your mistake.

Regards,

Rory ********"

Their answer:

"Hello,

Would you please provide the sales receipt & the photo support for our checking?

We will get back to you soon after receiving the above information.
Thanks!

Remarks: After-sales service will only be provided for first-hand purchase via official channels.
After-sales service is not applicable for purchase on online auction sites (e.g. eBay, Yahoo) and unofficial channels.

Due to the limited edition nature of our collectibles, we cannot guarantee that all accessories or items can be replaced. Please note that over 30 days of purchase or product released for more than 1 year will NOT be accepted. Hot Toys reserves final rights on all replacement requests.

Best regards,
TF/ Hot Toys"

Jep. Apparently that's the cirst mail TF sends out to complaining customers.

They need to be sued.
What does it matter, where you bought it?
The product is faulty. No matter where you got it from.

I don't understand this, are they saying there are no official dealers or distributors in Europe? If that's the case why on earth are european sellers waiting 'til the end of july before selling ED? It has been available for months in Asia so if there is no official distribution network for european dealers are they just all insanely stupid and everyone is waiting for no particular reason and are then starting to sell the figure, everyone at the same time? Surely there is an distributor somewhere that does just what their name implies and the batch allotted for Europe isn't available until Asia and the US and possible other places has gotten theirs.

Back