Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!
This thing is so badass! way bigger than I thought it was gonna be,and way more detailed in hand. All the little nitpicks I had before just don't bother me anymore, the sheer presence of this thing in your room/collection is just awesome! Stands out like the big mech he is, definitely gonna be an eye catcher. If you're on the fence about grabbing this guy, I'd say go for it. (These pics are taken from my iPhone so not the best quality).

Proper shelves are still a long way off for me. I'll probably put a transparent bag over it. Bad look but I'd rather my new ED not get the dust problem that my old one has.

I may have to do that myself for the time being, fella. My previous ED's dome was in bad shape but managed to sell it for a decent price.

is the dome same as the first one or is improved? we all know that is the main problem for this baby.

is the dome same as the first one or is improved? we all know that is the main problem for this baby.

The only way I could explain it is that it feels stronger and more relaxed, where as the previous version felt stretched over the dome. It is a kind of rubber though.

The decal sales thread is up! I'm now taking orders, and I'll ship them very soon.
The decals came out looking fantastic; the printer did a great job.

On this first page I have only EIGHT sets to sell, and they are going fast. I have ordered another page which will take about seven to 10 days to arrive. It's very gratifying that they are selling well, so I'll make sure to make them available to everyone who wants them.

If you want to check out the thread and perhaps place an order, here's the link: Thanks guys!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...CALS-Extensively-reaserched-for-film-accuracy

ED209_360_by_zoomzoom.gif

Last edited:
Hello guys I would like to share with you an unboxing video that I made for this awesome ED, ENJOY :) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR1y6JHIdpE

This video is a pisser! Awesome work dude! I just picked this up today and you're vid has me pumped to unbox tonight

I fell behind on this thread and I'm hoping that I don't come across too many negatives or QC issues when I catch up.

Thanks for the responses about the dome materials. It was kind of hard to find the right answer in this thread.

The only way I could explain it is that it feels stronger and more relaxed, where as the previous version felt stretched over the dome. It is a kind of rubber though.

It does feel more relaxed and I believe like I mentioned in my video that the line we all see on the dome is the reason for that. The dome cover appears to be 2 pieces that was glued together or something probably to avoid the original ED issues.

By the way if anyone wants an old ED, I have one for sale for $250. No box and has some tears on the dome but doesn't look bad overall and never got worse in the 4 years I have had him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum.

Just would like to know if this new ED-209 hot toys is a limited edition or not ?

Thx !

Back