Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you kidding me?... I'm a grown man, intelligent and perceptive. I am TELLING you, my missile rack would not stow completely UNTIL I drilled out the stair step- then, with the new addition of 5mm of up-and-down movement, it came down as I illustrated, and not before. This isn't a debate, it actually happened.
About the targeting device: I've been using the Robocop Bluray for reference, and I've seen the film dozens of times- including in the original theatrical release. In every scene, the targeting device is pointing straight in line with the gun arm and the missile launcher. On my ED figure, the targeting device is tilted upward, and should not be. It's that simple.

Regarding the rubber waist boot: I'll post some photos tomorrow to prove my point there too. I've noticed you have dismissed and/or contradicted almost every post I have made. You haven't offered a single word of encouragement or approval- only dismissal, misplaced argument and unsupported contradiction. Go back and read your posts, and you'll see what I mean. I know what is happening here; it's not the first time. I am trying to be creative, and I'm getting some positive feedback and kind comments from people. When this happens, there always seems to be a jealous little troll lurking in the bushes waiting to jump out and try to spoil the fun. If you have nothing constructive to say, go bother someone else. I'm trying to have fun here.

I can clearly see the results of you turning good design into bad. You're right, it isn't a debate, you got a defective arm if yours can't do something everyone's can.

I can show you movie stills where the target pod is pointing at a different angle than your pic.

When discussion comes up about modifications and accuracy, it's not unreasonable to comment about what you've said. You have to expect constructive criticism when what you said is so obviously flawed and wrong. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings with my comments.

I can clearly see the results of you turning good design into bad. You're right, it isn't a debate, you got a defective arm if yours can do something it was designed to and that everyone else's can.

I can show you movie stills where the target pod is pointing at a different angle than your pic.

When discussion comes up about modifications and accuracy, it's not unreasonable to comment about what you're said. You have to expect constructive criticism when what you said is so obviously flawed and wrong.
I rest my case... Don't bother, I added you to my very small ignore list. Every person in this thread can go back and read your original posts, even if you edit them to make them sound like they're not coming from an annoying troll. They can also go back and judge for themselves as to the quality of my decals; they don't need you to do that for them. Your last comment exposes your nature, so I don't have to bother. I won't see you posts anymore, so I can get back to having fun now. Peace be with you, ya little jerk.

Last edited:
Just after receiving mine, beautiful piece. Dunno how the hell any of you folks can find fault in it, it looks fantastic.

i, for one, appreciate guys getting a n a l with their toys!

oh wait....
that came out all wrong!:rotfl

i say keep dissecting it! appreciate the work!

Just after receiving mine, beautiful piece. Dunno how the hell any of you folks can find fault in it, it looks fantastic.
it IS a beautiful piece, even better than I expected. If it weren't, I wouldn't bother trying to elevate it. My attitude toward my collectibles is this: I recognize the efforts of the company who produced them, but I also know they are a mass-production company operating within a structure aimed toward profits; they often cut corners, and make mistakes like we all do. With that in mind, I then go back to the original designers and creators of the item; in this case, Craig Davies and Peter Ronzani, (the ED-209 designers) and Phil Tippett of course; I try to bring MORE of what they originally intended to the collectible piece, and I try to honor their talents for detail in my own way. That's why I've done research to find missing or inaccurate decals, and performed whatever alterations I can to make this item better, and literally hundreds of others. A toy company can do it's part, and I can do mine. These are more than just movies to me, they are part of my youth.

Last edited:
Gigerfan do sound a bit agressive or dismissive in some of his reply.
I dont see any reason why seriously.
On the EB robocop thread he managed to piss off Eamon, whose one of the most laid back guy around.
Gigerfan you may be right and know yur stuff but you can say all the same things without being smug :)
We re all friends here ;)

Anthrapoid, my missile rack do go all the way down too without mod so yu did get a défective one
image.jpg

so going back to my question from a couple pages back, it seems the majority agree the legs aren't able to be safely removed once attached.

Well gigerfan was correct, dunno if its because ive had a good meal but i Pulled off the legs this Time.
Was nervous bit a firm grip and some force and voilà! (As gigerfan said you can bubblewrap the main body just in case so no paint ch or anything).
image.jpg
Back in da box
image.jpg

One thing i noted on my right shoulder rubber is that its not fully in, unlike the first ed where it was glued here its inserted between the two parts of the shoulder articulation. Dunno how i could open it to fix it...
rubber ed.jpg

Last edited:
i still think that Gigerfan knows a lot about the figure, while Anthrapoid knows a lot about movie ED.
let's not support their fight, as they are both right about points we all win from.
i personally used a lot of knowledge from both guys.

Got ED in and wow! Such an impressive figure... definitely a lot of improvements over the original and so glad I sold that one in order to upgrade. I haven't fully explored all of the articulation as it seems like the extending legs don't want to budge, but everything else seems to work just fine.

Only downside is the voice function... it sucks. Very loud and clear, but it sounds like the voice has been slowed down or it's an awful approximation. I'll likely just remove the batteries since it is not something I'd use the way it currently sounds... too bad as the remote makes it one I might have actually used from time to time impress guests.

Just got mine an hr ago and it just blew me how good it looks in person, pics just dont do it justice nor do they prepare you for how big it is.
I understand now why it doesn't ship assembled, it's HUGE! I would like to point out how hard it was too get the arms on, it took me 15 mins to
get the 1st one on, there wasn't much to hold onto for support.
The legs also i'm still try to figure out as the instructions didn't say how to extend them, its also kinda tricky getting his legs nice and straight.
Still cant believe how big he is, he's almost as big as my EB Bats and his legs aren't even raised. I finally have the ultimate ED209 :blissy

Here are some pics of mine with what I'd say is the best $60 accessory you can pick up for ED; **** Jones (the Saturday Toys 20A set).

108e04cc-f9dc-4b57-b7f9-50a58d26521a_zps697e51cd.jpg

3bba3d2f-dc9e-4d4d-9826-664158cdd7e0_zps083dba76.jpg

de6ebe3a-4226-4ff1-9f3c-a6a4c0b33c04_zps5c4fdc90.jpg

bb7fa5b9-1655-4125-a752-90959ecf1a75_zpsb94e8d4d.jpg

Found this

I had to stop watching cus I found myself yelling at the screen. I have no clue what he's talking about when he says it doesn't have much articulation. The figure is loaded with it. And honestly even if it didn't, Ed-209 doesn't need super dynamic poses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some pics of mine with what I'd say is the best $60 accessory you can pick up for ED; **** Jones (the Saturday Toys 20A set).

108e04cc-f9dc-4b57-b7f9-50a58d26521a_zps697e51cd.jpg

3bba3d2f-dc9e-4d4d-9826-664158cdd7e0_zps083dba76.jpg

de6ebe3a-4226-4ff1-9f3c-a6a4c0b33c04_zps5c4fdc90.jpg

bb7fa5b9-1655-4125-a752-90959ecf1a75_zpsb94e8d4d.jpg

Twisted arms time, woohooooo. ;D

I had to stop watching cus I found myself yelling at the screen. I have no clue what he's talking about when he says it doesn't have much articulation. The figure is loaded with it. And honestly even if it didn't, Ed-209 doesn't need super dynamic poses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrote him because of that on FB since I didn't really understand if he meant the articulation possibilities or the fact that you probably won't play around with ED too often due to his size and weight. ;)

Back