Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers, ebor! :duff

Yep, Urban Samurai is a great store and I'll be using them more as time goes on, I think. Was really glad to see these two up for pre-order tonight and kind of a nice surprise that a deposit wasn't required. Great that you live so close. I'd love to be able to drive by and grab my stuff. Glad I have no memory of Robo-Cain (had to Google image it) so HT will not get their claws into me on that, should it ever be released.

Last edited:
I've never ordered from AFX before, but there prices are the lowest I've seen so far for Robocop and Ed-209. Are they reliable?

Yea same question to me when I Oder from them, I have already got LSF wolf prd and hulk MQ from them, very good price with fast email replay.

Yea same question to me when I Oder from them, I have already got LSF wolf prd and hulk MQ from them, very good price with fast email replay.

So you've already received orders from them or you placed your first order?

Guys, gather round, let me tell you something. :cool: :D

The ED-209 boardroom scene is to this day one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen in a movie theater. I was 13 when Robocop came out and it was only the second R rated film my parents let me see in the theater. Of course my dad had to chaperone but he picked a seat a ways off and I sat with a friend of mine on my birthday. When the ED-209 showed up and blew that guy away my friend literally VOMITED (luckily he held it in until he ran to the bathroom.) That's right, VOMITED.

The combination of the intimidation that that damn robot projected, the horror of watching a suited board member being messily disintegrated in front of his peers, followed by the flippancy of his coworkers (seriously that might have been the worst part.) The horror that unfolded in front of them, the tragedy of a guy just putting on a suit and going to work at an office and being so disgustingly obliterated, and then his peers almost crack jokes about it in the elevator afterward. That rocked me to my core.

There's just something primal about ED that I've never shaken. As an adult I'm all "Gary Busey in Predator 2" about him now. I admire the bastard, respect him for what he is. That such a character, even such a fantasy based inhuman character could ever do that to me. I might just have to own it as a memento of the visceral power of truly inspired cinema.

LOL! Glad to hear someone say how disturbing that was! For me the worst part was when the guy realized he was gonna get blown away and started begging for help. Ugh...still can't think about that scene without shivering!

I guess we where about same age Khev, I was 13 when I saw this and that scene scared the crap out if me. Robocop is so gritty, über violent and raw that it wasn't until I was an adult when I could fully appreciate the movie and the violence of it.

Btw, the first R rated movie that scared me was Terminator, that beginning scene when Arnie punches through that street punk and pulls out a wad of blood and guts, scared me to death..I was 10 when I saw that one....but as for the theater it was Predator.

I've never ordered from AFX before, but there prices are the lowest I've seen so far for Robocop and Ed-209. Are they reliable?

AFX are good people, I've ordered a few times from them, but it's been two years since my last order.

The Blu Ray is going on right now in celebtration. Pumped for this release :yess:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUyYace8318&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I guess we where about same age Khev, I was 13 when I saw this and that scene scared the crap out if me. Robocop is so gritty, über violent and raw that it wasn't until I was an adult when I could fully appreciate the movie and the violence of it.

Btw, the first R rated movie that scared me was Terminator, that beginning scene when Arnie punches through that street punk and pulls out a wad of blood and guts, scared me to death..I was 10 when I saw that one....but as for the theater it was Predator.

They don't make movies this graphic anymore. The 80's were a special time. We didn't treat kids like idiots and everything wasn't so PC.

The new movie won't be nearly as awesome.

I agree.

Here is Wookster's review of it all those years ago.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_111306b.htm

Looks like it was in the $200 range at the time. Doubled the price but looks worth it to me.

review_ed209_1.jpg

182972_10151423194432344_926038858_n.jpg

When you first see the $410 price, it freaks you out. But looking at how much more detail there is in this new version compared to the old one, you know Hot Toys has put in the effort.

When you first see the $410 price, it freaks you out. But looking at how much more detail there is in this new version compared to the old one, you know Hot Toys has put in the effort.

:exactly: and besides it ED-209! He's worth it :drool
Had to go through SS though, bbts doesn't seem to have enough pre-order's anymore.

Wow, the improvement is impressive. Robocop isn't really my thing, but grats to everyone picking this up, it looks great.

So you've already received orders from them or you placed your first order?

Already got it if you saw my collection :)
Had issue with wolf but it's all fix good. I have no problem deal with them and not gonna deal with eBay retailer since they **** me off before.

Random off-topic thought:

Am I the only one who is peeing myself with hope that Hot Toys will produce
a Terminator tank, with full articulation and lights? Just sayin...
63216132l.jpg

Last edited:
Back