Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here I was scaling back on collectibles. I haven't ordered anything in a couple of months, but that will change with this new ED-209 and Robocop. So ordered! Man, such a major improvement over HT's first attempt at ED-209. I still have my HT ED-209 on display. I can't wait to get this new one and do an up close comparison between the two.

Heck man, have you not seen the new Evil Dead??

That's different.
1. It's a horror movie and it should be more graphic. Horror movies are intended to be violent, and there has always been that expectation. And Evil Dead was just... kind of silly. The original was great.

2. The original Robocop, in its day, was a big budget action movie. It would be like going to see Iron Man 3 today and then seeing really graphic violence and naked chicks. In action/sci-fi movies today everything violent is just off screen. They just don't show the impact, so they can market to kids and keep all the bored housewives happy.

Our nation has become sissified in our eternal struggle to make everything "safe" for children.

Last edited:
Do we know what the dome will be made out of?
That would be my only concern about this product.
Don't want to spend $400+ for it to be like the first one...

Think Hot Toys learned from their mistake?

I wish this guy wasn't so expensive. Look how beautiful it is!

tumblr_inline_mnc9zxUrkh1qz4rgp.gif

431839_498220940250045_1293370848_n.jpg

Don't know if this has been posted before
Looks so good!

[ame="https://youtu.be/G2Of3MpvpiU"]Window-display Robocop and ED-209[/ame]

Sadly, it is what it is. Not surprising, however, since the video clearly shows that this would be like Iron Monger in terms of size, detail, and shelf presence.

Yeah I know. It makes me sad because they make you want both Robocop AND ED209 and that comes out too $850ish. Which is basically taking taking a RPG and shooting it at my wallet for two figures. :monkey4

I wish this guy wasn't so expensive. Look how beautiful it is!

tumblr_inline_mnc9zxUrkh1qz4rgp.gif

is that snape? :lol

when I first saw the price at SS, I was pretty sure I'd pass this piece
but now I'm standing on the bridge of hesitance, especially after my local retailer offer this at $310 :slap

is that snape? :lol

when I first saw the price at SS, I was pretty sure I'd pass this piece
but now I'm standing on the bridge of hesitance, especially after my local retailer offer this at $310 :slap

Yup, none other than Alan Rickman himself.

$310!? I'd buy it for that price in a heartbeat. :horror

Yeah I know. It makes me sad because they make you want both Robocop AND ED209 and that comes out too $850ish. Which is basically taking taking a RPG and shooting it at my wallet for two figures. :monkey4

Well said. These 2 deserve their own shelf space, but that would be really expensive.

Our local dealer offers cash advance promos, and if I pay full for both, I could get Robocop (no chair) and ED for $620. But I don't think I'd shell out that much money for figures that I would only get in hand in 12 months or so, while I could use the cash for something else at the moment. Done that with 1989 Batmobile and the delay's making me regret paying in full. The delay's not worth the discount I got IMO.

Yup, none other than Alan Rickman himself.

$310!? I'd buy it for that price in a heartbeat. :horror

well, I'm still waiting for other local retailers who offer this in local currency, because lately USD rate keep rising against my local currency, so it will be safe to Pre-Order this in local currency

Back