Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think ED is winning that battle. Guns and missiles beat grapple claws. And I don't think the powerloader could get down a flight of stairs either.

I think ED is winning that battle. Guns and missiles beat grapple claws. And I don't think the powerloader could get down a flight of stairs either.

I know I'm asking the wrong guy, but how do you think the terminator fairs against ed?
I asked my son (who's 5 and has seen both movies, yes parent of the year) who would win against robo and terminator, he picked terminator(Arnold)
He wasn't too sure of ed vs terminator

I know dark horse made some comics of the battle, but I never did read them

I know you didn't ask me but I'd agree with your son (T-800 beats RoboCop b/c T-800 has no vulnerable parts whereas a shot to the face for Robo is lethal). In a straight one-on-one fight of T-800 vs ED, I'd pick ED, on account of the rockets and 50 cal machine guns, which could **** the T-800 up good! But, supposing it was anything other than a mano-a-mano fight, I'd pick T-800. ED is pretty stupid and as long as they faced one another in a varied landscape, the T-800 would find a way to use the environment/tactics to its advantage.

I know you didn't ask me but I'd agree with your son (T-800 beats RoboCop b/c T-800 has no vulnerable parts whereas a shot to the face for Robo is lethal). In a straight one-on-one fight of T-800 vs ED, I'd pick ED, on account of the rockets and 50 cal machine guns, which could **** the T-800 up good! But, supposing it was anything other than a mano-a-mano fight, I'd pick T-800. ED is pretty stupid and as long as they faced one another in a varied landscape, the T-800 would find a way to use the environment/tactics to its advantage.
I'm torn on who would win, seems like t-800 is quicker, basically the same resistance to bullets due to the skeleton
In the same way t could outsmart ed, I think robo could out smart the full robotic t-800
And maybe I missed something in the robo movies, but why would a shot to the face be lethal for robo?

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know how much of a fight ED would really win unless it was a contest to see who could blow the crap out of everything in a close radius. That's why ED is so fun at parties.

And maybe I missed something in the robo movies, but why would a shot to the face be lethal for robo?

It shouldn't be. While it's Murphy's face, it's simply placed over a new armored skull, not his original fragile one made of bone. They establish in the movies that the only parts of Murphy left are his face and his brain, which is encased inside the armored skull/head of robocop.

a-dev, I would agree with you if not for ED's inferior programming. While Ripley clobbers him, ED will be shooting at the house plant in the corner.

What inferior programming? ED demonstrated against robo at DJ's office that he is quite proficient at shooting crap lol. Even though ED got killed at the end scene,
he didn't hesitate at all when robo pulled that cobra cannon out.

I know I'm asking the wrong guy, but how do you think the terminator fairs against ed?
I asked my son (who's 5 and has seen both movies, yes parent of the year) who would win against robo and terminator, he picked terminator(Arnold)
He wasn't too sure of ed vs terminator

I know dark horse made some comics of the battle, but I never did read them
a terminator can never defeat a robocop. terminator works with weapons that don't damage robocop. he is not a lot stronger than a human while robocop is enormously strong. and terminator switches off from lots of hits, while robocop doesn't.
terminator is faster than robocop, but, as he is not using martial arts, that feature won't bring difference.
the other problem is that robocop might not defeat the terminator as well. and for almost the same reasons: he doesn't fight, and he uses external weapons )
so it's only strength and stamina left, robocop rules in that case, but fight is not strength and stamina, it's direct attacks which they are both incapable of - or external weapons, which are not part of R or T at all.

a terminator can never defeat a robocop. terminator works with weapons that don't damage robocop. he is not a lot stronger than a human while robocop is enormously strong. and terminator switches off from lots of hits, while robocop doesn't.
terminator is faster than robocop, but, as he is not using martial arts, that feature won't bring difference.
the other problem is that robocop might not defeat the terminator as well. and for almost the same reasons: he doesn't fight, and he uses external weapons )
so it's only strength and stamina left, robocop rules in that case, but fight is not strength and stamina, it's direct attacks which they are both incapable of - or external weapons, which are not part of R or T at all.
T-800 wins against Robocop, hands down. How and why? ... After a brief opening melee, the T-800, realizes it is facing an enemy of possibly superior strength, arms and armor; it casually ejects the power cell from within it's head and detonates it. (more likely, it doesn't even need to be removed, it can probably be detonated internally and instantly.) Both combatants are vaporized in a small nuclear mushroom cloud. GAME OVER.

The T-800 does not have an innate motivation for self-preservation in the same way that Robocop does, as long as it knows its target WILL be destroyed. T-800 will readily sacrifice itself if doing so will kill the enemy. This action does not defy the T-800's built-in restriction against 'self-termination', because its intent is to kill- not to commit suicide; this is exemplified by numerous instances where the T-800 risked destruction as it was pursuing Sarah Conner.

Last edited:
T-800 wins against Robocop, hands down. How and why? ... After a brief opening melee, the T-800, realizes it is facing an enemy of possibly superior strength, arms and armor; it casually ejects the power cell from within it's head and detonates it. (more likely, it doesn't even need to be removed, it can probably be detonated internally and instantly.) Both combatants are vaporized in a small nuclear mushroom cloud. GAME OVER.

The T-800 does not have an innate motivation for self-preservation in the same way that Robocop does, as long as it knows its target WILL be destroyed. T-800 will readily sacrifice itself if doing so will kill the enemy. This action does not defy the T-800's built-in restriction against 'self-termination', because its intent is to kill- not to commit suicide; this is exemplified by numerous instances where the T-800 risked destruction as it was pursuing Sarah Conner.

1) T800 doesn't have a cell in his head, its in his chest
2) The fuel cells only detonate when their damaged or unstable
3) You're assuming robo can't just rip off the T800's before then.

Yeah and your right.
A T-800 never casually just ejects and uses is power cell. (Esspecially not the one that's in the head.
:lol )
Only ONE terminator before did it and that wasn't a T-800, but a T-850 and it couldn't do anything else either way, cause it couldn't escape his posture under the blast door and with only one hand free (honouring physics at least at one point) it only had this opportunity.
Needless to say how that we never saw the power cell of a T-800...

Thx, buddy. With ED coming I just needed something appropriate.
:hi5:

T-800 wins against Robocop, hands down. How and why? ... .
no-how and no-why, all seen in the movies (for those who saw them).
and please don't think that that crappy droid with "power cells ejecting and working with zero power cells left" thing counts for a terminator even for one second :rotfl
The T-800 does not have an innate motivation for self-preservation in the same way that Robocop does
again, please, watch the movies you discuss before discussing them! by now i guess you haven't seen any of Robocop movies.
those modern fans.

...And maybe I missed something in the robo movies, but why would a shot to the face be lethal for robo?
It shouldn't be. While it's Murphy's face, it's simply placed over a new armored skull, not his original fragile one made of bone. They establish in the movies that the only parts of Murphy left are his face and his brain, which is encased inside the armored skull/head of robocop.
Guess it's been too long since I've seen RoboCop. :p

I thought the only thing protecting his head was the helmet and that his skull was intact and organic.

Back