Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh that's a cool vid. Thanks for posting. :)

But again:
Why do the most people apparently have such problems posing the arms in the correct way???
I just don't get it. ^^

I don't like the flaps above the arms in an upward position
It gives it more of an anime type look to it, IMO

Oh that's a cool vid. Thanks for posting. :)

But again:
Why do the most people apparently have such problems posing the arms in the correct way???
I just don't get it. ^^

Based on the vid 5x10 posted? They were correct in that video. The flaps though, as you say, look stupid sticking up like that.

Ok people always say how the quite guy vids are creepy because he doesn't say anything. Not to poke fun at this guy but him saying "yeeeeaaah verrrryy verrrryy niiiice" is far worse if you ask me. :)

But nice clean video. Good job.
Yeah, I found myself laughing

Thanks for the video link. Agree with those above, flaps raised looks dumb. But I just can't get over the amount of detail they packed into him. The first version was so awesome, and this one makes that look like a Hasbro product.

I'll forgive Hottoys for upside down decal :lol
I know people have already been over this, but I can't seem to locate pictures or specific text about this issue.
Can someone please direct me to a post and/or photo showing WHAT decal is upside-down? Thanks.
If the upside-down decal bothers me too much, I might have print a custom decal and replace it right-side up.

The decal sales thread is up! I'm ready to receive payments and ship.
The decals came out looking fantastic.

On this first page I have only EIGHT sets to sell, so they might go fast. I will of course order more pages if there is a demand, and those will take about seven days to arrive.

If you want to place an order, here's the link: Thanks guys!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...CALS-Extensively-reaserched-for-film-accuracy

Last edited:
I know people have already been over this, but I can't seem to locate pictures or specific text about this issue.
Can someone please direct me to a post and/or photo showing WHAT decal is upside-down? Thanks.
If the upside-down decal bothers me too much, I might have print a custom decal and replace it right-side up.

Here:

ED-209HD30_zps6bf8d099.jpg~original

ED-209HD33_zps060ba5de.jpg~original

There was some discussion a few pages back about inaccurate location of hose connections between the arms and guns. It was concluded that the Tippet puppets and other used props were inconsistent in their layout making it acceptable that the Hot toys version has them upside down.

Guys the dome is covered in soft rubber. Not vinyl as OMG suggested in one of his posts I believe. Is it a problem? I don't know. Would I rather it was hard plastic? yes. But it is the same as the Tumbler front wheels and some Iron Man parts. So who knows if there is a problem or not. I just want to be clear about that. IT IS SOFT RUBBER, very thin I think over a hard plastic shell. The "breakdown" that some people have been talking about spotting in pictures is sculpted/molded into the dome. It's supposed to be like that. It's imperfect, like the original screen version was. It's definitely more of a dust catcher as well, as are the front Tumbler wheels.

Does it look good, hell yes. Amazing. It's a piece of art IMO.

at least they're not repeating the same mistake over again....kinda. but damn it, soft rubber. i dont know if that's good news or bad.
how are those tumbler wheels holding up? dust can be dealt with. are they disintegrating or cracking? i have visions of those dreaded g-shock rubber straps that crumbled before me. :lol

I just hope the dome layer is easy to remove, so I can make mold impressions from the 'bald head' under the dome, and the soft dome itself. Then I'll cast them in hard black resin.

The decal sales thread is up! I'm ready to receive payments and ship.
The decals came out looking fantastic.

On this first page I have only EIGHT sets to sell, so they might go fast. I will of course order more pages if there is a demand, and those will take about seven days to arrive.

If you want to place an order, here's the link: Thanks guys!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...CALS-Extensively-reaserched-for-film-accuracy

Last edited:
Back