Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you guys are serious or not :lol
Those discs holding the wires just probably rotated on the stop motion puppet, which explains why they are where they are?
Imagine those discs/rings spinning and the wires would be in the right place wouldn't they?
ummm, actually CAIN MKII explained everything already.
everything with those tubes&wires is perfect on HT figure, because movie variant had them differently positioned on left & right elbow, and i took a left side of movie puppet and right side of a HT figure, thinking they should be similar mounted.
it turned out that movie ED had no mirrored parts - that concerns elbows and front toes. they were made all the same but put on different sides, causing a visual disbalance, depicting the quality of robot engineering - big, fast, and no one cares for flaws. a great work by movie designers - and a great work by HT noticing that.
though they did mirror the toes which should be similar, not mirrored

as for "being serious or not"... one should be serious with his job & relatives, not with toys which are a hobby to rest from seriousness demanded by everyday life )

i'd also like to add that - IMHO - your photos are more convincing than OMG's in a matter of advertising/buying a figure. they do depict more metal-like reflections and gradients.

ummm, actually CAIN MKII explained everything already.
everything with those tubes&wires is perfect on HT figure, because movie variant had them differently positioned on left & right elbow, and i took a left side of movie puppet and right side of a HT figure, thinking they should be similar mounted.
it turned out that movie ED had no mirrored parts - that concerns elbows and front toes. they were made all the same but put on different sides, causing a visual disbalance, depicting the quality of robot engineering - big, fast, and no one cares for flaws. a great work by movie designers - and a great work by HT noticing that.
though they did mirror the toes which should be similar, not mirrored
as for "being serious or not"... one should be serious with his job & relatives, not with toys which are a hobby to rest from seriousness demanded by everyday life )

:lol, It's too early for me. I tried to delete my post because I was starting to work our left and right and spiralling ever downwards into nitpicking.

Can anyone who has this in hand (lucky bastiches) tell me how tall it is when posed like in the boardroom scene?

Fingers crossed P. I have 38cm height in my display case. They're adjustable shelves, but most of them have something in them, so I do have a bit of wiggle room, but not as much as I'd like.

I don't think the height will be an issue for most people (within detolf a anyway) but the depth and width. He is quite big. I haven't tried sticking him in yet, so I may be talking out of my arse, but by sight it looks tight.

I don't think the height will be an issue for most people (within detolf a anyway) but the depth and width. He is quite big. I haven't tried sticking him in yet, so I may be talking out of my arse, but by sight it looks tight.

............. :joy

After browsing in my ED-209 archives, the tubes on the arms are correct.
Left arm's tubes are upward while right side are downward.
But HT caution decals is absolutely wrong lol

That's good to hear, it looks like I will have to add this guy to my collection soon.
I'll forgive Hottoys for upside down decal :lol

Back