Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone did the joint cover in hard plastic and they were fine.
Chronicle will probably laugh and tell that they are selling the best non rotting 1/6 ED209 buy from us.

Also here is a link to an album from the dedicated facebook page containg pictures (updated as they are available) and infos.
It can be seen and shared even if you are not on facebook so please spread the word.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...73741829.1517114591841715&type=1&l=5112ee0a25

From what I've heard, chronicle is pretty cool. Most of them probably have the ht ed 209.
I know someone who knows someone, but I don't have my login with me. I'll ask him tomorrow what they used for the dome of the stop motion puppet.

For anyone that got a return processed through SS, how long did it take to get your return label? I still haven't heard anything back.

Does that silicon Grease reallly work? all you have to do is apply it on when you buy your ED209 ? lol if it works then theres some hope.

Does that silicon Grease reallly work? all you have to do is apply it on when you buy your ED209 ? lol if it works then theres some hope.

I will say that if the issue with the rubber decomposition is due to oxidation, then it should slow that dramatically and make the rubber last. Once application of grease should cover for at least 3 moths but YMMV based on climate and display.

Now if it is purely the chemical composition of the rubber and not just oxidation, this will still slow the degrade but will not stop eventual decay.
I have not tried to remove the dome yet, does anyone know if it can come straight off of ED without damage?

If it is like the first version than it is glued on around the edges and can easily be pryed off with a putty knife.

He did it on Instagram under the name, hamillhimself

It was a short video. We should all leave a message underneath as he only has 5000 followers, lets just blitz the post, he's bound to look at it if he gets lots of comments as the last one was 6 weeks ago, look. https://instagram.com/p/pEaKMLQ_8r/

Can you imagine if we got Mark Hammil to say something about it, I bet he's not even checked it, (if he's the owner that is)

Just got my ED-209 last week, does anyone have any issues with the voice controls? I keep pressing the remote and the voice commands doesn't seem to sound at every click - I'll press it like 5-6 times before it sounds. Also, it doesn't work unless it's around 4-6 inches away from the dome. How far away can you guys sound off at?

Just got my ED-209 last week, does anyone have any issues with the voice controls? I keep pressing the remote and the voice commands doesn't seem to sound at every click - I'll press it like 5-6 times before it sounds. Also, it doesn't work unless it's around 4-6 inches away from the dome. How far away can you guys sound off at?

Sound should be the least of your worries...

But I haven't heard of any problems with it. Other than it sucks.

Yep, I wouldn't want to deal with filing a claim, returning it and waiting for a new one because of the sound issues - just wondering if this was the norm.

Back