Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, just wow. I would have bet my life's savings that this would be a sublime effort by Hot Toys. I was planning to get him once I move and have more space. Looks like I'll have to dig back trough the pages to read what happened.

My hearts breaking. Not only is my dome cracking. But I checked the joints and boom :(

6u2azene.jpg
l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not you too Paul! Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should you make a video on it, to express your grievances and spread awareness. I didn't know until just minutes ago.

i think this issue need separate thread, so more people will see it before buying this garbage

On mine is not just the dome anymore. I just checked the knee joints and the rubber there is cracked even worse.

i think this issue need separate thread, so more people will see it before buying this garbage

Yes please. To think I found out about this on the Batman Returns board and thought the poster was referring to the original release. :slap

That´s prevention from further damaging it, but that is not allowed to be routine.
This pieces costs us germans 500 bucks and I will not take this ****.
They had enough time to prove long term that this will stay and they didn´t and now they won´t do anything about it?
Photobomb their ******* fb page!!!

This really hurts me inside too cuz I've always wanted an ED like this, in this size and detail. Its a childhood dream since watching robo as a kid and now HT ****s me like this. Why couldn't they have used soft plastic for the rubber parts? Damn U :gah:

That´s prevention from further damaging it, but that is not allowed to be routine.
This pieces costs us germans 500 bucks and I will not take this ****.
They had enough time to prove long term that this will stay and they didn´t and now they won´t do anything about it?
Photobomb their ******* fb page!!!

I agree totally, it's not good enough, and had I not paid for mine 2 weeks ago, I'd have cancelled it, and if it arrives cracked, it'll be going back or I'll be reversing it out through my CC.

If prevention works though, it might be worth a try. My thinking is that it's already stuffed, just hasn't happened yet, so no harm in trying the silicone oil.

^wont putting silicone oil at this stage hinder your return your faulty figure process? unless you're keeping it?

i think the youtube reviewers should should update their reviews and red tag this figure. get the word out and force HT to step up and face the music. does not sound nice saying that to an ed209 figure. :[

^wont putting silicone oil at this stage hinder your return your faulty figure process? unless you're keeping it?

I would say yes, but there are those here who have indicated they wouldn't be returning it, so maybe it will help them. :)

Damn man sorry to hear that. It's really been awhile since I looked over my ED, I'll need to check it tonight.

All the best to you brother Pliss. If I had one I would be contemplated to sell him off. It's unacceptable for the figure to rot in just months. Heck, ED never had the chance to be next to Robo ffs. :slap

All the best to you brother Pliss. If I had one I would be contemplated to sell him off. It's unacceptable for the figure to rot in just months. Heck, ED never had the chance to be next to Robo ffs. :slap

I'm at work right now, but I messaged my girl on Facebook and told her to give it a look. I sent her the cracking photo posted and she said ED is perfectly fine, I'm going to double check tonight anyway.

with threezero's titan fall mech figures at 20 inches high and at the same price point as ed209, and they dont have **** ups at this level. i wont be surprised if ht will feel the burn if they continue to ignore this issue with ed209.

Well that´s the general outlook, Snake.
On mine the left leg sleeve is completely compromised and the dome a little bit, but the rest is sure to come.
And since all rubber parts are the same material, all are sure to rot.

Thx, man.
:1-1:

Back