Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I thought about AFTER I posted this. ;)

Perhaps we should try to find out how to disassemble the figure...

I lost track of this thread for the last few days and didn't catch up yet. I just scrolled back a few pages looking for a review to find rotting sleeves?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

WTF!!!!!

Yup. Was such a nice surprise to see that yesterday morning.

And I can confirm that. Mine are starting to rot too.

Well I guess that the underbelly is inevitably next. Holy frigin' cow. This is happening in record time

So far so good here but now I don't think I'm going to dodge the bullet on this one. My dome has waves by the "nose" but I think that's normal and not the first sign of anything

Christ

I just thought about something:
That´s not ignorance, or arrogance, on HT´s side...it´s just plain stupidity.

Having the hots for money is one thing...cause...they can do it.
We got this hobby, it´s also our fault, we eat it...over and over.

BUT...when you wanna do it, do it right and if they wanna make lots of money with something THIS good looking they NEED to make sure this doesn´t rot away and with it all the money they made.

What they did...THIS sort of longterm testing (which has to be next to none, otherwise this wouldn´t happen)...plain stupid.
Smple as that...

Well I guess that the underbelly is inevitably next. Holy frigin' cow. This is happening in record time

So far so good here but now I don't think I'm going to dodge the bullet on this one. My dome has waves by the "nose" but I think that's normal and not the first sign of anything

Christ

Thought the same too, Kid.
3 days ago I saw the first stress marks on the top, yesterday evening the first cracks on the front and looked at the sleaves from the news on over here.
Weekend it should will look way worse.

Christ
Yeah, the time frame is alarming.

For mine, I'm going to accept I missed the boat on cancelling/returning it. At the moment, it's pristine. It'll be maybe a year until I pull it out again, now, so hopefully by then there'll be some custom solutions for the dome and sleeves.

I just thought about something:
That´s not ignorance, or arrogance, on HT´s side...it´s just plain stupidity.

Having the hots for money is one thing...cause...they can do it.
We got this hobby, it´s also our fault, we eat it...over and over.

BUT...when you wanna do it, do it right and if they wanna make lots of money with something THIS good looking they NEED to make sure this doesn´t rot away and with it all the money they made.

What they did...THIS sort of longterm testing (which has to be next to none, otherwise this wouldn´t happen)...plain stupid.
Smple as that...
That's the thing. At $400+ for ED, they could've afforded the best of the best for it. I'm not really a crank when it comes to 1:6 and usually defend the prices but in this instance, it seems pretty clear that they cut every corner they could, to their own detriment. Hopefully ED rots on the shelves.

I was positive until now... Apparently they want war. ;)

"Thanks for your information!
However, after checking, Incredible figures is not our official retailer.
Please kindly understand that after-sales service will only be provided for first-hand purchase via official channels.
After-sales service is not applicable for purchase on online auction sites (e.g. eBay, Yahoo) and unofficial channels.
For the next time, we highly recommend that can purchase from our official dealer that after-sales service can be guaranteed
We are sorry that replacement cannot be offered for your case.

If your collectible figure is purchased from Incredible figures, we recommend that you can contact them directly and they will provide you with after-sales service according to their terms and conditions."

They didn't even answer to the suggestion to find a solution besides exchange of the figure...

We should probably start to massively appear and complain on their facebook site...
What else could help?

I was going to get this with my tax return money. The dome, I can get fixed, but now all the other rubber bits? screw it. It's the DX02 all over again.

You'd think for a figure to be failing this bad HT should have to do something, its not like its an isolated incident or that some of them will be ok.
The figure is MASSIVELY DEFECTIVE!

I think they won't help US.

Probably they're gonna change the materials for a later batch if they produce another, but for now every customer shouldn't count on help from their side...

It's a pity!

Yep...sure is and I already thought of something (wondered myself why it didn´t occure to me earlier):

I have a company 5 minutes by feet away from me, which are professionals with industrial standard rubber and otherrubber-like material and the company where I work does buisness with´em for many years.

I´ll take photos of the sleeves on the figure and the dome, show´em that and ask what it would cost to produce somethink like that, which will NOT rot and what size an order should have to make buisness...

Not only dome, but arm, neck and leg sleeves too...

WTF? Is this happening to a lot of cats here? Sorry, I haven't been catching up with the boards.

I thought HT would naturally step up their game since this is a REMAKE of their first ED209.

Oh well, another one to cross off my wish list. Make no mistake it saddened me to say that. :(

I guess so, man.
Had no intention to verbal punch you for saying that.
:wink1:

As of now it seems to happen with ALL, just the time period in which that happens differs.
Some doesn´t have the slightest crack, but it looks like in wave and make no mistake:
It WILL eventually happen.

I was positive until now... Apparently they want war. ;)

"Thanks for your information!
However, after checking, Incredible figures is not our official retailer.
Please kindly understand that after-sales service will only be provided for first-hand purchase via official channels.
After-sales service is not applicable for purchase on online auction sites (e.g. eBay, Yahoo) and unofficial channels.
For the next time, we highly recommend that can purchase from our official dealer that after-sales service can be guaranteed
We are sorry that replacement cannot be offered for your case.

If your collectible figure is purchased from Incredible figures, we recommend that you can contact them directly and they will provide you with after-sales service according to their terms and conditions."

They didn't even answer to the suggestion to find a solution besides exchange of the figure...

We should probably start to massively appear and complain on their facebook site...
What else could help?
exactly the same answer i received and posted here few pages back they just do copy past without even try to help or take responsibility on the junk they released

but the juke is on us

Back