Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you have the legs attached can they be removed?

Hehehe.
Guys, I can't tell you how much I LOVE it here!

I am dure someony programmed some kind of script that posts these three topics in this thread on a regular base:
- dome material
- legs removable
- twisted arms pics

^^

Back to the question:
One fellow here said they are removable.
Havibg owned the old figure I have to state that the logs on old EDdy were removable.
So I suppose here they are also removable but since I do not have him yet I can't tell for sure.

I am dure someony programmed some kind of script that posts these three topics in this thread on a regular base:
- dome material
- legs removable
- twisted arms pics
you forgot the "is it diecast" one. rare but more than one time.

KoBE gave me a link to this video; it's actually quite funny, how much angst there has been about removing the legs, to which I have not been immune. The guy in this video just pops the legs right off with a screwdriver, then makes little hand gestures, as if to say, "See? No biggie..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYmYm6nle20
perfect decision. much easier than what i went through - and really is too fast to damage the peg. thanks for sharing, relocating ED just became a lot easier.

Last edited:
All of your violence :lol

Great video Anthrapoid, thanks for sharing. Now I can stop asking if anyone has done it :)

IDK about you guys but it sends chills up my spine when I say guys man handling & being extra rough with their figures in videos. I was cringing watch him bang and rake the dome on the floor. When it comes time I'll definitely conduct that procedure on a bed

All of your violence :lol

Great video Anthrapoid, thanks for sharing. Now I can stop asking if anyone has done it :)

IDK about you guys but it sends chills up my spine when I say guys man handling & being extra rough with their figures in videos. I was cringing watch him bang and rake the dome on the floor. When it comes time I'll definitely conduct that procedure on a bed

:lol The NECA reviewers are the worst for that with their articulation demonstrations. And of all figures out there NECA ones are the easiest to break, the ones you can least afford to be rough with.

I'm still waiting to hear some more reports on this myself. I don't think too many people have even tried

Hehehe.
Guys, I can't tell you how much I LOVE it here!

- dome material
- legs removable
- twisted arms pics

^^

Back to the question:
One fellow here said they are removable.
Havibg owned the old figure I have to state that the logs on old EDdy were removable.
So I suppose here they are also removable but since I do not have him yet I can't tell for sure.

Here we go!

I have few questions being that this is a pricey figure and it'll be one of my first "high end" collectibles. I'm trying to debate if I should hold out to save up the necessary funds or bite the bullet and use my credit card...

1. will this sell out?
2. will it get pricier if I wait?
3. should I buy it from a specific site or would eBay suffice? (eBay prices are about $50 cheaper)
4. any places you would recommend to make a purchase or that would offer any discounts?

I've been collecting smaller 6" vinyl figures that are not as expensive. Thanks for the input guys!

I have few questions being that this is a pricey figure and it'll be one of my first "high end" collectibles. I'm trying to debate if I should hold out to save up the necessary funds or bite the bullet and use my credit card...

1. will this sell out?
2. will it get pricier if I wait?
3. should I buy it from a specific site or would eBay suffice? (eBay prices are about $50 cheaper)
4. any places you would recommend to make a purchase or that would offer any discounts?

I've been collecting smaller 6" vinyl figures that are not as expensive. Thanks for the input guys!

1. most certainly
2. the price will rise
3. do as you wish. If you buy on eBay chose a trustes or well known seller like Timcent.
4. depends where you wanna buy and where you're located.

I'm not sure how much you are able to save per month, but I wouldn't think $400 would take too long
Not worth financing, save up the $$$

Also, after having it for awhile, I think hot toys did a good job with the clarity and loudness of the audio effects
When turning it on, it's just as abrupt as in the movie
Hard to look past the crappy VoiceOver, but they were so close to perfection

Last edited:
Mine shipped yesterday from Timcent. End of next week at the earliest for me I'd say.

Do you have Timcent's eBay name? The Timcent I searched had nothing available. I would like more information on that seller please.

Back