Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics Yoshi.

Goldenegg, shame about the breakage. I hope the seller can fix something up for you :)

Unfortunately, he can't do anything. I'm just waiting for eBay to refund my money through the Buyer Protection Program. I guess I'm going to have a broken figure to sell for parts.

I've ordered another figure from Urban Samurai Hobbies. Hopefully that one will arrive intact.

^You could just buy a replacement torso off ebay, can't you? Or do you have to return the broken figure to ebay?

Unfortunately, he can't do anything. I'm just waiting for eBay to refund my money through the Buyer Protection Program. I guess I'm going to have a broken figure to sell for parts.

I've ordered another figure from Urban Samurai Hobbies. Hopefully that one will arrive intact.

Who was the seller if you don't mind me asking.

^You could just buy a replacement torso off ebay, can't you? Or do you have to return the broken figure to ebay?

I could, but I'd prefer to buy from a local retailer I trust. It's easier to deal with should something else go wrong and I don't have to wait for a replacement body to arrive from overseas.

I could, but I'd prefer to buy from a local retailer I trust. It's easier to deal with should something else go wrong and I don't have to wait for a replacement body to arrive from overseas.

Yeah, I hear you. I don't like buying from overseas sellers either. They often provide free/cheap shipping, but typically take a week or longer just to ship the item. Then the wait to arrive plus time spent in customs can really add up, taking 3-4 weeks on average.

Also, don't quote me on this, but I think ebay may require you to send the defected item to their buyer protection/return dept in order for you to be covered by the buyer protection program. Hopefully I'm wrong and you'll have spare parts to sell, mod or just keep in case something else breaks.

Also, don't quote me on this, but I think ebay may require you to send the defected item to their buyer protection/return dept in order for you to be covered by the buyer protection program. Hopefully I'm wrong and you'll have spare parts to sell, mod or just keep in case something else breaks.

Honestly, it wouldn't be the worst thing to have to ship it to them. It would help me avoid the hassle of finding a buyer or even to just find space to store the extra parts.

I'll post an update once my case with eBay is closed. It would be good to share the information, as I'm sure I'm not the only person to receive a broken figure from an eBay seller. This is only new to me as it's the first time I've had an issue with an item when the seller doesn't accept returns.

Honestly, it wouldn't be the worst thing to have to ship it to them. It would help me avoid the hassle of finding a buyer or even to just find space to store the extra parts.

I'll post an update once my case with eBay is closed. It would be good to share the information, as I'm sure I'm not the only person to receive a broken figure from an eBay seller. This is only new to me as it's the first time I've had an issue with an item when the seller doesn't accept returns.

I'd definitely rather ebay let me keep it. That way, I could either repair the broken peg (by taking the figure apart and making a recast of the broken peg) and/or repaint the figure without being too freaked out about messing it up. Selling the parts or the entire figure would be a small hassle, but would help fund the replacement figure. Whatever happens, I wish you good luck with resolving the issue. And yeah, an update on how everything plays out would definitely be helpful and much appreciated.

Here is an idea how to fix your Robo on the stand surely without any risk to damage the pain:
take a horizontal torso holder,
take off two plastic tips,
sandpaper sharp edges,
paint it black if it's black or leave it as it is if it's chrome,
locate it on his torso
and finally slide into stand with the figure.
PROFIT!
Extremely safe and close to impossible to notice.

That's a nice tip, I might look into that if I have the time (or if I'm brave enough).

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is an absolutely gorgeous shot man. :clap Please, take more!

Got my Robo today, thought it was time I upgraded from my first Robo figure. It is too silver, we can't get away from that but...it's not as silver in hand as I thought it would be. Obviously 2nd Photo's been edited. Overall I'm pumped to own this piece!

View attachment 194825

I ended up getting a refund from eBay today for the broken Robocop. There's been no mention of returning it anywhere, so I'm guessing I'm okay to sell it for parts.

I also received my replacement figure, which is in perfect condition. I'm very please with the figure, but I'm going to have to raise the base a bit. I have him next to my Iron Man MK XLII and I'd like them to be at the same height.

I ended up getting a refund from eBay today for the broken Robocop. There's been no mention of returning it anywhere, so I'm guessing I'm okay to sell it for parts.

I also received my replacement figure, which is in perfect condition. I'm very please with the figure, but I'm going to have to raise the base a bit. I have him next to my Iron Man MK XLII and I'd like them to be at the same height.

Cool man, really glad everything worked out for you! :hi5: If I were you, I'd at least keep the arms and maybe even the legs for spares. That way, you can bend/pose the hell out of them and not have to worry so much about the rubber tearing since you'll have extras on hand.

I myself got one of these this last week. (went for the Chair version as it was on sale).. Very, Very impressed, but wondering, am I doing something wrong? I keep feeling like his leg holster is going to break when I try to open it, (Yes I have bent the leg to move the obstruction from the front) but its the 'back hatch which seems stiff... I'm petrified of forcing it and breaking it....

Back