Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it not Sweeny todd?

I think so Screenshot_2014-11-08-15-44-44.jpg

It's....."These are my friends, See how they glisten. See this one shine, How he smiles in the light, My friends,
My faithful friends...

Ha! just checked the shipping on mine again and guess what? it's now back in Tianjin, where it was posted from!

Nice one Loonten, all those years of experience and you messed up big time. I don't think I'll bother with this now, too much hassle and getting it locally (UK) is too expensive (plus doesn't release until next year) AND Sideshow is too expensive. Amazing.

Almost certainly my last purchase from Loonten as well, the support/service has been shoddy from the start.

Found a new review of Robocop for those interested

Thanks for the vid, Skull. I'm a fan of Spot's reviews but he may have been a little too effusive in his praise for this, if it's as bright as it appears in his vid. Also, the majority of the figure is NOT diecast. I couldn't help but notice the scratch on the chest as well. :monkey4

So you have no other options besides Loonten? Cripes.

Nope. First off I will need to wait for him to stop saying "wait a few more days" (my GOD that's annoying, just sort your business out!) and either refund or resend using better shipping. At this stage I think the guy is an idiot.

If I opt for the refund then I either wait until March next year, pay more and get it from ToyHQ or simply not bother at all. By March I think my mindset will be just not to bother. Honestly I can't believe someone with years of experience just sends things out so poorly that it gets returned, for whatever the reason. For instance if it's been returned because of the battery in the remote, he KNEW there was a battery in the remote before shipping and just risked it anyway, very poor service.

I can't really express how infuriated I am without getting banned from the forum.

The shininess of Robo hurts my eyes! The sound of this guy's voice hurts my ears!

You know they took the guy who spoke the best english and slapped his voice in there. Urg. Would it have been that hard to get the rights to it? Hell, neca did.

You know they took the guy who spoke the best english and slapped his voice in there. Urg. Would it have been that hard to get the rights to it? Hell, neca did.

Yeah, for whatever reason it was re-recorded.

By now, we're all familiar with the issues/problems with ED and now Robo. HT couldn't screw up its Tonto or Jake Sully figures, it had to screw up the RoboCop franchise. :gah:

Thanks for the vid, Skull. I'm a fan of Spot's reviews but he may have been a little too effusive in his praise for this, if it's as bright as it appears in his vid. Also, the majority of the figure is NOT diecast. I couldn't help but notice the scratch on the chest as well. :monkey4

Never fully trust people's ''just got this in'' reviews. Not even mine. New toy excitement clouds everything.

Never fully trust people's ''just got this in'' reviews. Not even mine. New toy excitement clouds everything.

As a novice HT collector, I don't know how you vets do it. I was looking at my DX09 last night. It's great and all, the odd issue here and there notwithstanding, but I dropped $360 for this. For this, a toy? When you think about it, it's pretty effin' crazy. SMH.

Edit: Just reread what I wrote. Sorry if that sounded like a bummer/downer, that wasn't my intent! For better or worse, I'm still on the HT bandwagon and am looking to add a spate of them to my modest collection.

One has to decide which is ultimately worse - the regret of missing out on a figure or the remorse of buying it? I guess that's how you get a handle on your collecting.

Maybe he looks better in really ****** lighting? Time to smash out your overhead lights, gentlemen. You won't miss them.

Edit: Nope, still ******. :monkeybawlinghislittleeyesout

Back