Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had you said 'in my opinion' or I think then that would be different.
Oh yes, maybe you are right but my english is too bad for this kind of subtlety.
And maybe you are a little too sensitive, criticism without restraint is not a big deal.

I think it's makes things clearer. This forum isn't exactly known for folks being subtle or retrained. A little less diskishness around here would be nice...in my opinion.

It's is possible to critesize stuff and not make it sound like someone pissed in your cornflakes or questioned your parentage.

Some of the vitriol around here is way overboard and I know I am not the only one who thinks this.

Agreed , it's just there due to a heavy debate. I will use this term to avoid a head slap tag or a very accurate person that wants to argue

Wow, didn't realize just how off the new HT figure still is, but it's still be the best there's ever been so far. Maybe I'll wait for Chronicles after all though since it will be cast from the original screen props.

Wow, didn't realize just how off the new HT figure still is, but it's still be the best there's ever been so far. Maybe I'll wait for Chronicles after all though since it will be cast from the original screen props.
from what I understand Chronicles will be using the Robocop puppets that were used in the fight scenes with cain, which really isnt a Robocop 1 screen accurate representation

10615346_299124296959404_1201828811914657277_n.jpg

10678821_299124323626068_5698494153668902693_n.jpg

Well I know which has the better colour. Wow, that's quite mental.

Oh yes, maybe you are right but my english is too bad for this kind of subtlety.
And maybe you are a little too sensitive, criticism without restraint is not a big deal.

Perhaps I am. But perhaps after you spend more time here you too might get tired of so much unapologetic venomous negativity eventually. I feel criticism without restraint is actually a big deal as it comes off as a mere rant rather than informed opinion. I personally prefer reading an informed opinion rather than a hate filled random statement.

Really not loving the super shiny look. I wonder if I can knock that down a bit with paint. Other than that I'm happy enough with how it came out.

Just wait until you have it in hand.

That's what I learned in these years I collect.
A lot of figures are way better that in badly lit scenes like this above.

I just hope there's more purple and blues in person when we have it in hand. Can't say I'm loving the pics where it looks like a light, silvery metal. I know in Jingo's there's purple and blue hues, but that's just how he lit it.

I think the chair looks really great and detailed more than I originally thought.

Will be glad to have it displayed behind Robo but wont pose him sitting on it.

The colour is off on the figure. The older HT Robocop figures paint app actually look better. This latest incarnation is too silver. Also the figure itself is not chunky enough to be Robocop. Just look how skinny the legs are. This is where the enterbay version is much better. it does more justice to his overall proportions imo.

robo_ht_03_zps00dff2b6.jpg~original

Last edited:
The first robo was quite silver.
This is a solid release, albeit a bit misleading with the die cast claim, but that will please the Die cast haters and no falling over and crashinga glass shelf!

yeah he was silver but not that silver! like in the pic below

10678821_299124323626068_5698494153668902693_n.jpg

In the first movie he had a hint of blue which is quite noticeable
images

images

looking at the pics you can see the first ht Robocop figure is actually more accurate in terms of paint apps. The prototype pics from ht had the color right.

PD1369901808nQY.jpg

Last edited:
OMG images vs. the film :)

robo_ht_01_zps43c91c5c.jpg~original

robo_ht_02_zpse1a57468.jpg~original

robo_ht_04_zps076b3ad5.jpg~original

robo_ht_03_zps00dff2b6.jpg~original

It's pretty clear that the HT figure is not large enough and it's an idealize version of the character like most HT figures. Still, the figure looks great. You can't compare a 1/6 figure with a dude in a rubber/plastic costume made in the 80's. I don't get all the criticism :dunno

Back