Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
salfetka-iz-mikrofibry-2.970.jpg

this is what my BD started to stick to. luckily he's already BD.

if that's a cloth that means the BD turned sticky, thus it'd fuse with whatever it comes in contact with, even glass, and the paint will still turn dull since the sticky stuff comes from inside the material underneath the paint. also not good idea to put black fabric/paper/leather as the black tend to stain.

if that's a cloth that means the BD turned sticky
no it didn't. nothing happened or happens at all. just don't sit him on anything except for that clear plastic material that's used for wrapping his head and arms.

no it didn't. nothing happened or happens at all. just don't sit him on anything except for that clear plastic material that's used for wrapping his head and arms.

well you did say:"this is what my BD started to stick to. luckily he's already BD." so i assume it sticks...

5 yrs too late probably, but I want to point out that the chin strap can be removed so no force is necessary on the face to prevent any scratching around the chin area caused by the chin strap. I'm surprised that no video I've seen on YouTube shows this done properly. None have shown the removal of the chin strap. Instead the face piece is forcefully removed or attached onto the head to sit flush under the chin strap. Doing so will scratch up the chin. Do people not read instruction manuals anymore? It's so much easier to replace or remove the face once the chin strap is removed. Simply attach back the chin strap over the chin, no forceful adjustment necessary, thus no scratches on the chin area.

48764962468_a600c1c279_b.jpg

everybody who accidentally broke their chin piece while taking it off now has a traumatic flashback. be careful with that part.
and with rubber knees and elbows - don't bend them too much, don't leave bent.
and with shoulders/legs/neck sockets of the body - don't break the clear plastic used for them.

everybody who accidentally broke their chin piece while taking it off now has a traumatic flashback. be careful with that part.
and with rubber knees and elbows - don't bend them too much, don't leave bent.
and with shoulders/legs/neck sockets of the body - don't break the clear plastic used for them.

Were there actual reports of the chin strap breaking? Unless it wasn't removed properly from the side hinges, that is pulling both sides out at the same time, I don't see how it can just break.

As for the sockets and joints, the same can be said for all Hot Toys figures which are bound to give way over time. Hence no dynamic poses in the detolf for any of my Hot Toys. Heck even my 13 yrs old Robocop MMS10 which has been standing untouched without any dynamic pose ended up breaking.

Were there actual reports of the chin strap breaking? Unless it wasn't removed properly from the side hinges, that is pulling both sides out at the same time, I don't see how it can just break.
frankly i've heard about only one case of actually breaking it. all other cases were only about worrying to break it.
i dealt with the problem beforehand by getting a separate Robo for each face displayed :lol

5 yrs too late probably, but I want to point out that the chin strap can be removed so no force is necessary on the face to prevent any scratching around the chin area caused by the chin strap. I'm surprised that no video I've seen on YouTube shows this done properly. None have shown the removal of the chin strap. Instead the face piece is forcefully removed or attached onto the head to sit flush under the chin strap. Doing so will scratch up the chin. Do people not read instruction manuals anymore? It's so much easier to replace or remove the face once the chin strap is removed. Simply attach back the chin strap over the chin, no forceful adjustment necessary, thus no scratches on the chin area.

48764962468_a600c1c279_b.jpg
I believe the first wave instructions did not include this information. I tell people on Instagram about this all the time (you can tell they're doing it wrong because the faceplate sits high on the chin guard).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The sculpt and details are all beautiful on this figure for sure, but do we think Hot Toys will ever re-issue this figure with a more accurate paint job?

He was definitely not bright chrome in RoboCop 1. It was more of gunmetal gray, with hot spots of purple and blue. I'd be so in if they did an accurate RoboCop 1 paint!

I'd love it if they did Robocop 2 paint job with bottle of nuke. Deluxe can come with swappable battle damage pieces and Kain's ripped brain container from the end.

I think I would have preferred had this figure had a clean/non-BD version of the paintjob that the actual full BD figure has - the base colour on that one looks more accurate. You also wouldn't have the noticeable inconsistency between the clean and BD Robocops. I mean it's obvious that a few bullet hits and fall-impacts doesn't change the one on the left into the one on the right in this pic below (not mine)

maxresdefault (3).jpg

HT are not usually ones to resist double dipping, so a Robocop 2 blue variant seemed like a given. I definitely would have bought it. Perhaps their licence did not cover the 2nd film?

HT are not usually ones to resist double dipping, so a Robocop 2 blue variant seemed like a given. I definitely would have bought it. Perhaps their licence did not cover the 2nd film?

This came out literally 5 years ago, there's nothing else coming in this line.

Back