Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone's HT Robocop 2 years from now:

tumblr_m1mod51u741qedb29o1_500.gif

it will change color to a proper blue over time??? :yess:

:lol :lol :lol @ both posts.

But also :gah:

Not good is it?

I've had mine left in his box since release due to lack of space & now I'm scared to open him up again :(
Yeah, it's really annoying. I think you can rig up an OK solution but it's definitely not cool on HT's part. A mfg defect line this on things this this expensive are not OK especially if the company's had years to hone their craft.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

i've got an idea how to fix joints and wrong paint!
we can always glue all joints on our robocops, cover them with cheap blue plain paint and call them statues.

So how wide spread is this issue I mean the joints are supposed to be tested thoroughly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So how wide spread is this issue I mean the joints are supposed to be tested thoroughly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This figure came out like 4 years ago, this isn't something they'd find during production. The plastic probably just becomes brittle over years. I'm sure people's environments have some affect on it too. I mean it sucks, but it's not like they can test plastic over 4 years.

It's not really about testing; the joints have probably just been stressed over time by the diecast arms. There's a reason we're only hearing about this now, five years after release.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It's not really about testing; the joints have probably just been stressed over time by the diecast arms. There's a reason we're only hearing about this now, five years after release.

That's a really good point, never thought of that. Still, an engineering fail from a company that should be thinking of these things...

That's a really good point, never thought of that. Still, an engineering fail from a company that should be thinking of these things...

Sure, I agree. It probably doesn't help that Robo's articulation design seems fairly unique, so I suppose the likelihood of an engineering fail is greater, compared to something like Iron Man--something they get a chance to improve every year.

My thing is, why continue to use that cheap clear plastic? Makes no sense. It's a simple design, an ordinary ball joint socket. Don't cut corners with brittle plastic.

How is the rubber parts of your clean and BD Robos holding up? Do they need any treatment of sorts?

The rubber on both of mine is fine, But I never leave the arms bent past about 45 degrees.

I finally got around to getting this diecast Robocop at a steal to replace my ageing MMS10 which I recently found out has loose hip joints so both legs can't even stay on anymore. So sad. 13 yrs on the shelve and the plastic for some reason cracked and the legs just won't stay attached.

MMS10 Robocop has seen better days...
48749634271_fb24a05469_b.jpg

Oh well, better late than never with MMS202!

Previous owner had it displayed dust free and put it back in the box when he decided to sell it away. Could've fooled me, it's almost mint imo. I was blown away by the look of the figure and it's heft when I unboxed it! I really like the silver finish.... So clean! It also has some purple hues on it which really looked similar to his look in the first movie. Not sure why many fans didn't like the look of silver on this figure. I think it looks fine the way it is. Love the battle damaged helmet with the eye peeking through the broken visor. Clever how Hot Toys did that. Reading the horror stories of the figure from owners who has it since release, so far so good on mine. The joints seem fine.. Hmmm... Its my 13 yrs old MMS10 that is broken....lol

I immediately did a head swap with the Weller headsculpt from my battle damaged Robocop and put it on the clean armor of Robo... Just wow. Loving it! Oh and don't mind the MMS10 display base....

48748958867_5542201c26_b.jpg

48748443178_778f4548f1_b.jpg

48748778131_f4141308ba_b.jpg

48748958602_f10101e7cf_b.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't thought about that older Robocop figure in a long time. I used to have it. Amazing for its day but completely trounced by MMS202.

202 is incredible albeit notorious for its unpopular paintjob and now in more recent times the seemingly out-of-the-blue breakages of those clear plastic joints.

As far as that paintjob - its very nice - it's just not what's in the movie. People talk about purple hues and that's all well and good but the overall impression on the figure is just way too bright and reflective, bordering on chrome. I only talk about it here if you think we're making up an issue where there is none. There has already been perfect repaints proving the case. But if the paintjob doesn't bother you, great because everything else about the figure (minus the fear of breakage) is astounding and some of Hot Toys top work. And it's sorta like the T-1000 figure in the way that the display options they provided pretty much cover everything.

It's an amazing figure as long as you're mindful of the small print :lol

you can also pop his torso up from the waist (literally, it becomes higher) and move hips further from the torso to get a better movement and, in my opinion, a more accurate look. to get this legs separated from the body effect.
look at the hip armor tops to see what i mean:

0gWaUy6.jpg

bhL7lRX.jpg

maybe you will like it better, maybe not. it will look like this:

nhIn6VX.jpg

don't worry, both things are there in joints design, no mods needed.

==========

also don't ever sit him on that chair or anything else without at least some plastic sheet. his shiny metal ass glues to surfaces, i don't know whether to some or to all.

you can also pop his torso up from the waist (literally, it becomes higher) and move hips further from the torso to get a better movement and, in my opinion, a more accurate look. to get this legs separated from the body effect.
look at the hip armor tops to see what i mean:

0gWaUy6.jpg

bhL7lRX.jpg

maybe you will like it better, maybe not. it will look like this:

nhIn6VX.jpg

don't worry, both things are there in joints design, no mods needed.

==========

also don't ever sit him on that chair or anything else without at least some plastic sheet. his shiny metal ass glues to surfaces, i don't know whether to some or to all.

most 1/6 chairs are made of soft plastic that is similar to hard rubber. many of them suffer from sweating after a while, so i believe it's more rubber like than plastic. thus, like all rubber stuffs, they tend to fuse with other rubber/plastic materials. and chances are even for a die cast the paint used have some sort of plastic formula in them, they just react with each other.

normally i just put a piece of tissue paper or normal paper in between to avoid any rubber reaction or color staining when a rubber comes in contact with plastic. this includes the plastic stands because some boots have rubber soles that may react with some painted base (Sideshow star wars).

I've got a layer of foam between Robocop and the chair, although there was one area where his weight compressed the foam and his leg still ended up touching off the chair and got sticky, pulling some paint off.

I put a piece of plastic from packaging between his ass and the chair. I haven't picked him up in a while, hope it's doing ok lol

Back