Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually don't mind Robocop 2. There's definitely artistic value in it if you look closely, perhaps with a refresh viewing. Coupled with its robots (CAIN), immense violence, and rule breaking makes it a pretty good one. Does it suffer from the messy production and director changes? Of course. It's still pretty good for it's time and amazing compared to today's shït.

It's still pretty good for it's time and amazing compared to today's shït.
star wars isn't today's or even yesterdays and still everything's amazing compared to it :dunno
don't get me wrong, RB2 was great, the only thing it was missing was Robocop music theme.

Sheesh, pulled this guy out of detolf after not really touching him since i bought him and the arm just fell off. Shoulder joint cracked without touching him. Used blue tac to hood it in and it is holding fine but really sucks. hoping the other arm doesnt do the same.

Mine looks exactly the same as the photo a few pages back. I just loaded blue tac into the arm hole and pushed it in. At least you cant tell it is broken. I suspect this will happen to most since I have never even moved his arms since I took him out of package.

Sorry to hear that. It seems like more and more people are reporting of cracking joints that I think it might be inevitable in the long run.

Sheesh, pulled this guy out of detolf after not really touching him since i bought him and the arm just fell off. Shoulder joint cracked without touching him. Used blue tac to hood it in and it is holding fine but really sucks. hoping the other arm doesnt do the same.

Mine looks exactly the same as the photo a few pages back. I just loaded blue tac into the arm hole and pushed it in. At least you cant tell it is broken. I suspect this will happen to most since I have never even moved his arms since I took him out of package.

:horror sorry to hear that man.
Ok not touching this fig, for its annual dust down now.

****ing Hot Toys

All 5 of my Terminator belts have crumbled to dust and both of the Battle Damaged pleather jackets are almost powder at this point. I'm convinced that HT don't do stress tests for the materials they use.

Yeah, I don't think there was a figure in my collection that I messed with less. I seriously put his gun in his hand and left his arm pointing down. I got him on release and just pulled him out of detolf to change shelves and arm dropped. Crazy stuff. I've had some QC issues over the years, (crack on Iron Monger etc.) but this might be the worst considering how he was left alone.

Sorry to hear that. It seems like more and more people are reporting of cracking joints that I think it might be inevitable in the long run.

:horror sorry to hear that man.
Ok not touching this fig, for its annual dust down now.

****ing Hot Toys

All 5 of my Terminator belts have crumbled to dust and both of the Battle Damaged pleather jackets are almost powder at this point. I'm convinced that HT don't do stress tests for the materials they use.

Hmm, basically HT just has to up their durability on figures and they'd be golden?

Same thing happened to me. Just moved him after like 12 months and arm just fell out. I put a small dab of super glue in the socket and articulated the arm in there a bit until it dried up. Sheesh.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Ahh crap. What did they use? Clear plastic for the shoulder sockets?
Yes. I'm particularly pissed since this exact same thing happened to me within days of my receiving the figure. My current (now also broken) one was a replacement. The truth is I haven't bought a HT figure in over a year partly b/c of this poor QC. Too damn expensive for me to have to worry about this.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

i'm afraid to move my 11 robocops now.
gHLr2zS.png

Definitely not thrilled to hear that this is becoming a common problem. Hope if it happens to my two figures, it's fixable with glue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Definitely not thrilled to hear that this is becoming a common problem. Hope if it happens to my two figures, it's fixable with glue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Not good is it?

I've had mine left in his box since release due to lack of space & now I'm scared to open him up again :(

Back