Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll start us off...MOAR DIE CAST! PAINT NOT ACCURATE!

I started off coming to this forum for information and news on the figure as this will be my first HT figure. But over the months I've been flipping back and forth between amusement and annoyance with the members here and their complaints. And yeah I know you're joking GeneralZodLives but I found it to be a perfect commentary of my feelings. First everyone was complaining about the inclusion of die cast and how they didn't want it included. Now that the figure is here and we see that there isn't much die cast, everyone has a fit. Then the craziness surrounding the paint. I've both laughed and gritted my teeth while keeping up with this thread but overall, as a new member of this community, I must say it's all a tad disconcerting.

Can't wait to get this. I'm worried that I'll have to change my payment to FLEX since I need to pay off this month's credit card first, but if he is due for charge and release after the first week of October, then I'm good. :yess:

I started off coming to this forum for information and news on the figure as this will be my first HT figure. But over the months I've been flipping back and forth between amusement and annoyance with the members here and their complaints. And yeah I know you're joking GeneralZodLives but I found it to be a perfect commentary of my feelings. First everyone was complaining about the inclusion of die cast and how they didn't want it included. Now that the figure is here and we see that there isn't much die cast, everyone has a fit. Then the craziness surrounding the paint. I've both laughed and gritted my teeth while keeping up with this thread but overall, as a new member of this community, I must say it's all a tad disconcerting.

When the complaints start getting to me, I just take a break from the forums. Yes it can get oppressive but there are a lot of very knowledgeable people here who just want their very expensive toys to be as accurate as possible, who tend to get upset when they don't meet expectations.

If you want to see really annoying whiny comments, check out anything Iron Man related on the Hot Toys fb page. :slap

Can't wait to get this. I'm worried that I'll have to change my payment to FLEX since I need to pay off this month's credit card first, but if he is due for charge and release after the first week of October, then I'm good. :yess:

This just came out a few days ago in HK, right? Sideshow probably won't get its figures until late October, at the earliest. No need to worry.

Colosseum_gladiator.jpg

When people are passionate about something and they find a forum to talk about their passions....

In the end, it's just toys, man. No real harm either way. If you really want to question your faith in humanity, go to yahoo.com or cnn.com for a news story, or a political story and read the comments sections. Now that's depressing.

It gets pretty ridiculous at times. You just have to have patience to get through the different phases of each release. For this figure we're in the "I don't have it yet so I'm going to trash what I see from people who do" phase. In a couple weeks we'll be in the "OMG now that I have it in-hand I think it's FOTY" phase. All you can do is look at the pics available and decide for yourself if it's worth adding to your collection. I decided I was getting Robocop the second I saw it. Die-cast or no die-cast. Faint blue/purple hues or straight silver paint. I liked what I saw then and still do. My only complaint about this figure has been the delay in its release.

It gets pretty ridiculous at times. You just have to have patience to get through the different phases of each release. For this figure we're in the "I don't have it yet so I'm going to trash what I see from people who do" phase. In a couple weeks we'll be in the "OMG now that I have it in-hand I think it's FOTY" phase. All you can do is look at the pics available and decide for yourself if it's worth adding to your collection. I decided I was getting Robocop the second I saw it. Die-cast or no die-cast. Faint blue/purple hues or straight silver paint. I liked what I saw then and still do. My only complaint about this figure has been the delay in its release.

I agree 100%. I had seen a few figures I really wanted before(dark night rises batman, dark knight joker, iron man), but this was the one I HAD to own. It looked absolutely fantastic from day 1 even though the shoulder loops at the time were too big. So I plan on being totally happy with it. And I guess I made it sound like I was like taking it super hard and sitting in a dark room by myself or something as a result. But really it just sorta bugs me a bit. I'm not taking it to heart or anything.

I agree 100%. I had seen a few figures I really wanted before(dark night rises batman, dark knight joker, iron man), but this was the one I HAD to own. It looked absolutely fantastic from day 1 even though the shoulder loops at the time were too big. So I plan on being totally happy with it. And I guess I made it sound like I was like taking it super hard and sitting in a dark room by myself or something as a result. But really it just sorta bugs me a bit. I'm not taking it to heart or anything.

:lol I think everyone gets tired of hearing the same negativity over and over. Just gotta push through the thread or come back to it later and hope it's blown over.

If the figure is "FINE", then why do I see so much anger from people trying to convince themselves the figure is acceptable?

This figure has a glaring inaccuracy. Colour is one of the most powerful visual cues of any figure. Hot Toys has failed, badly, on a $300 figure. The colour is not even close to any on-screen visual or the original prop.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411537630.684477.jpg

Back