Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With you 100% still getting it though, but I probably won't get the battle damaged one now. You?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just switched my order to the chair version this morning. Chair will likely remain in the box but I care too much about the character/movie not to have it.

Thanks for the unboxing video, Clip. I'm looking forward to your review - take your time, I wouldn't mind a full hour.

As to the color of the mouthplates and the armor, it's been all over the map in pics and video. I'd like to hear some reviewers describe the colors as they appear in-hand, under natural light.

Who'd u order with? I'm thinkin this will be available robocop only in the next couple of days and in gonna get it direct from Hong Kong. Might even be home by the time I get back from my honeymoon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new version is light years better, but there first version color was closer I think, never had it myself

Robocop2006vs2013_PA.jpg

6309_press08-001.jpg

Copied directly from hot toys verbiage and even posted on the first page of this very thread:
"Contains diecast material
- Black, light grey and silver armor"
"**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice"

... what is there not to understand?
There is no conspiracy, no trickery, they were upfront, and last time I checked, "Contains diecast material" means just that......Hell, I contain bone material, please don't be disappointed if you meet me and my entire body is not made of bone!

Having said that, I hope it has a bit more blue tint in person and I was hoping the helmet and chest would be nice cold to the touch diecast.
(I just don't think it is a hot toys trick or epic fail)

He says there it has the pearl finish with other colours in it. But sadly, it's just nothing like the paint of the film costume. As I said earlier, no manufacturer has yet done a version with the correct green/blue/purple pearlescent finish;

robohue_zpsd8b4f4e4.jpg~original

Cars are done out in such amazing paints these days, surely someone could synthesise that look? Though, of course, if you can keep selling people bright silver with a hint of purple (as Enterbay and Hot Toys are), then why bother to do anything more accurate? ;)

Maybe it's because the movie color actually does not exist in real life. The actual Robocop costume is greenish in color and only appear in those hues that everybody's going nuts about when shot on film.

https://www.robocoparchive.com/info/thesuit.htm

Not saying the same effect can not be done...but sometimes movie magic is movie magic so people need to stop getting their knickers all twisted up over it.

Maybe it's because the movie color actually does not exist in real life. The actual Robocop costume is greenish in color and only appear in those hues that everybody's going nuts about when shot on film.

https://www.robocoparchive.com/info/thesuit.htm

Not saying the same effect can not be done...but sometimes movie magic is movie magic so people need to stop getting their knickers all twisted up over it.
Thanks for the info
The RoboCop suits are more green than anything when seen in real life - they're painted with a special photoreactive paint that registers metallic on film.

Thanks for the info

no problem. I'm no expert when it comes to paint but I believe the hues can be done if they did purple/blue 'shading' but then the hues would be static....to have just room light or whatever bounce off the toy to create those hues I don't know if it's possible. In movies every shot is carefully lighted and composed so I don't know if it's fair to expect the same in real life. As we all know the Enterbay Robo can have all those wonderful hues...but also only under certain lighting conditions. For those who really want the colors to show then set up your display to bring it out...but to keep complaining that it does not look like that out of the box is just not justified imo.

Which is why I posted a video grab. An accurate RoboCop paint would need to be, in hand, not on film, that green/blue/purple pearlescent. Then you could light the figure how you wanted to get the various effects seen in the film. Bottom line, RoboCop is never the colour of the Enterbay or Hot Toys figures, either in person or on film. Whether one cares is another matter :)

I understand what you mean, but I don't know if it's achievable since you can say that the hues we see in the movies is really a special effect. Therefore, at least for myself, I do not expect toy companies to duplicate it.

For those who are not happy with the HT or Enterbay, just wait and get the Chronicle or Pop Culture Shock Robocop statues. If Chronicle can't get the color right then no one else will.

I understand what you mean, but I don't know if it's achievable since you can say that the hues we see in the movies is really a special effect. Therefore, at least for myself, I do not expect toy companies to duplicate it.

For those who are not happy with the HT or Enterbay, just wait and get the Chronicle or Pop Culture Shock Robocop statues. If Chronicle can't get the color right then no one else will.
Sorry, but I don't buy that it's not possible to make a Robocop figure that isn't a gaudy bright silver. The prototype was blue with purple hues and that looked great.

StudioScales.jpg
Thing is, Chronicle are in the business of striking figures from existing moulds of original effects models. So I'm sure you'll get a beautiful replica of the models they used for effects, but that's not going to be anything like as close to the hero character as, say, their ED-209, who was a character so much defined by the effects shots :)

You're right...Chronicle may seriously screw up the mouthpiece :) But judging from the photo the effect models has a ton of hues...but then of course they may be green in real life and just appear that way on film. Then again, people complain Robo 2 is too blue lol.

I'm going to buy this figure and bow or of the discussion.
I'm 42 years old and like I said a few pages back, this topic has been gone over and over in detail for the past 15 years at the rpf.com
A bunch of mis informed fair weather toy collectors trying to figure out what is already known as fact and well documented is frustrating to read.
Good luck guys, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Han Solo ESB Hoth coat color

Batman 1989/Batman Returns belt color

Robocop's suit color

Who are you to be calling people names?
I'm Hash tag Brian.
not calling names, just pointing out that there are hard core robo people out there that know this info, most people here are not them and are speculating.
sorry if I offended

Han Solo ESB Hoth coat color

Batman 1989/Batman Returns belt color

Robocop's suit color
^^^^this is fact^^^^
This is why I said I am bowing out of this conversation, it frustrates me to read.
Well said, DiFabio

I'm Hash tag Brian.
not calling names, just pointing out that there are hard core robo people out there that know this info, most people here are not them and are speculating.
sorry if I offended

I'm a pretty big Robo fan since I was 6 but have not read all the things you mention that's out there. Just for the sake of education and benefits of members here, would you mind providing a brief summary as to the facts about Robocop's colors? I know you're frustrated but I think many collectors would want good information rather than speculation which is mostly what goes on here. Thanks.

I'm a pretty big Robo fan since I was 6 but have not read all the things you mention that's out there. Just for the sake of education and benefits of members here, would you mind providing a brief summary as to the facts about Robocop's colors? I know you're frustrated but I think many collectors would want good information rather than speculation which is mostly what goes on here. Thanks.
you could go back 3 or 4 pages in this thread and view pics I posted of the screen used robo1 and 2 suits and read what i posted.

Your best bet would be to use google, it knows way more than me.
check the rpf.com (as I already suggested) as well as the Robocop builders forum.

honestly, I've got to bow of of this thread now, I find more enjoyment owning and displaying these figures than nit picking on details that I couldn't even change if i wanted to

Ok, you were *politely* telling me/us that we're boring and ignorant... sorry, not really seeing what you're bringing here that's so much better than a discussion on the accuracy of this piece.

Nope, didn't say that at all, didn't imply it.
Just said I was frustrated.
I contributed my knowledge a few pages back, it was ignored.
Again, I am sorry if you took that personally, as a matter of fact, sorry to everyone here. You all have a rite to your passion. Sorry

Dude, you said;

And you weren't ignored a few pages back, I replied to you a couple of times, e.g. this;
One final apology to all members here. No body wants to see this behavior.
Alyd, I think you are taking this way to seriously and for the record I never called anyone boring. I did say some are mis informed, so if it helps you to translate that as ignorant, then that is fine, I think you said that because it sounds more inflammatory, but yes, ignorant is the definition for miss informed. And there is nothing wrong with that, we can't all know everything all the time.

and instead of saying "fair weather toy collectors" I could have worded it better like "casual robocop fans who collect figures mostly and don't get all hard core like on robo specific forums" so my bad

Back