Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How the hell is Robocop 2 like Batman 1989 or Batman Returns? :lol

If anything, Batman and Robocop share more similarities. They're both grittier in terms of filmmaking with practical effects. They utilize similar styles from a technical standpoint. Both of the leads destroyed the concept of a big, muscular action star with their smaller frames, but iconic suits (even if they were rubber and practically left them immobile). Straight forward story, very linear with broad themes and great symbolism and themes. They have some FANTASTIC matte painting work and the Joker and **** Jones falling still looks fake as hell. Also, Jack Napier falling into chemicals getting bleached -> Emil getting hitting a vat if chemicals and melting, cool 80s henchmen and the villain (Bodicker and Joker) having quite the rap sheet and some snazzy clothes. Factory shoot outs bro.

All Robocop movies after the first are irrelevant :). The latest was a nice attempt though ultimately lackluster. The first film is a true science fiction classic because of its 80s satire and the deeper story of corporations and technology trying to own the individual and that same individual reclaiming his humanity/his soul.

I can't wait for this figure. With any luck and no more delays, it'll ship next month.

It is really unfortunate that Robocop 2 didn't capitalize on the great base that the first film established.
Murphy seemed to be brought back a step in terms of attaining his humanity and they shut down establishing any connection with his family (which were 2 huge mistakes).

The 'Robocop 2' element, that is another Robocop model to take on the streets, was a great way to establish a main robotic antagonist.
Anyways, I see it as a missed opportunity more than anything. I see a lot of potential when I watch the film. Would love to have a crack at 'Re-Doing' Robocop 2.

True but the look on his face and his tone when he says ''you call this a glitch'' could also suggest a more human sense of outrage at Jones. And third hand we hear from Bob Morton that 'the old man cared' (that ED-209 worked) - whereas Jones outright says it didn't matter. So after his final line ''Nice shootin' son, what's your name'' I would have given him the benefit of the doubt and written him accordingly for Robocop 2.

While I agree with what you are saying to a point, you have to remember that in both films OCP was seen as the enemy. Even in the first film the police force hated the fact that OCP ran the cops. I am pretty sure in both films all OCP cares about are themselves and the second film shows us that their main focus is to take over the city since they already have taken over the police force. Now since the old man is the head of OCP and the fact that he is evil so to speak in the second one actually makes sense to me. I feel the second film really just gives your a more in depth view of old man's lack of morality.

Last edited:
Let's remember, they called the Oldman "iron butt", "Boner" and sometimes even "***hole".

i don't think i'm interested in explaining that to you.
or concidering you sapient at all.

tumblr_me14djypG21qfr6udo1_500.gif

So is this guy Octoberish now?

I bloody hope not! I want him September! [emoji6]

This is expected to drop in Hong Kong in September, other markets a month later.

And the old man was never a good guy. Somebody was just blown away in his boardroom, but he seemed pleased as punch to hear that a prototype would be ready in 90 days. And that Bob Morton was ready to give a presentation in 20 minutes!

And he asks Murphy for his name only after he saves his old keister from getting wasted by a subordinate.

This is expected to drop in Hong Kong in September, other markets a month later.

And the old man was never a good guy. Somebody was just blown away in his boardroom, but he seemed pleased as punch to hear that a prototype would be ready in 90 days. And that Bob Morton was ready to give a presentation in 20 minutes!

And he asks Murphy for his name only after he saves his old keister from getting wasted by a subordinate.

I think they played him as morally ambiguous in the first film which was more fun. In 2 he's just a straight up ****.

Yeah, he's not as oily as Morton or as cynical as Jones but he's the embodiment of corporate culture run amok. And there's no subtlety in the second movie - he literally steps over a person who's either dead or dying.

I think pt. 1 edges out pt.2 but the second will always be very nostalgic to me. Cain, Hob & Nuke will always have a place in my heart

Love the design of RoboCain. And why does everybody hate on Hob? I think his character is fascinating - a cold, calculating, amoral little s---.

He would have ruled the Detroit underworld if he hadn't been killed off by RoboCain. I even felt a little sad for him as he lay dying in that armored truck. But only a little. :wink1:

Love the design of RoboCain. And why does everybody hate on Hob? I think his character is fascinating - a cold, calculating, amoral little s---.

He would have ruled the Detroit underworld if he hadn't been killed off by RoboCain. I even felt a little sad for him as he lay dying in that armored truck. But only a little. :wink1:

My thoughts exactly. I was about Hobs age the first year I watched this 100 times, which is the right age for all of this stuff to sink in deep. There are Hob-haters? I wasn't aware :lol

My thoughts exactly. I was about Hobs age the first year I watched this 100 times, which is the right age for all of this stuff to sink in deep. There are Hob-haters? I wasn't aware :lol

There are! I think he suffers from the same fate as Jake Lloyd and Edward Furlong. What else do viewers expect from 10-year-old boys? Preternatural maturity?

We've got to put ourselves in their shoes, or remember what we were like at that age. Just about all of us were whiny, annoying little jagoffs!

Back