Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man...its just incredible what people can produce. Although I'm still at 'no' status to be honest. 2 years ago I would have been a definite yes but things have changed with me. Its a rapidly developing situation where I felt confident enough initially to say 'maybe yes' not so long ago, very recently in fact, but now I'm thinking that I just can't. One shouldn't always give in to one's wants. I can 'want' a lot of things. I've experienced it so many times where you buy something you want, but then immediately something you really really really want comes up, you buy that too, and before you know it you're balls deep in debt. I've had my fill of that. Credit to my toy collecting brothers of self restraint who are knowingly or unknowingly helping to inform my attitude today, guys like Endosickness and Difabio. Not that there's anything wrong with the rest of you lads, it's all about what you feel you can do at that particular point in your lives. Right now, I feel restraint (except when it comes to Terminator) is the order of my 30s.

drunk post^ but sure **** it! :D

Cheers to that, Andrew.
:duff

Man...its just incredible what people can produce. Although I'm still at 'no' status to be honest. 2 years ago I would have been a definite yes but things have changed with me. Its a rapidly developing situation where I felt confident enough initially to say 'maybe yes' not so long ago, very recently in fact, but now I'm thinking that I just can't. One shouldn't always give in to one's wants. I can 'want' a lot of things. I've experienced it so many times where you buy something you want, but then immediately something you really really really want comes up, you buy that too, and before you know it you're balls deep in debt. I've had my fill of that. Credit to my toy collecting brothers of self restraint who are knowingly or unknowingly helping to inform my attitude today, guys like Endosickness and Difabio. Not that there's anything wrong with the rest of you lads, it's all about what you feel you can do at that particular point in your lives. Right now, I feel restraint (except when it comes to Terminator) is the order of my 30s.

drunk post^ but sure **** it! :D

:goodpost:

There are a lot of things I want but I have to resist myself from buying them.

So what are you getting this year A-dev? It sounds like u are being very selective.

Only getting what I really want was always a rule for me when I started collecting and thankfully I have stuck to it. I hate to think were I would be financially and space wise if I went mental and bought everything that ever interested me in this hobby.

The figures, the extras, the customs, the dioramas etc..........:cuckoo:

Cheers to that, Andrew.
:duff

:goodpost:

There are a lot of things I want but I have to resist myself from buying them.

So what are you getting this year A-dev? It sounds like u are being very selective.

I actually started off the year pretty heavy but cancelled a few things and sold stuff that I had bought and received which I soon realised I could do without.

Right now I've got some NECA stuff and something like 2 Hasbro Star Wars figures on order. I've got one MMS238 T-800 on order with Sideshow, I'll probably buy 2 more with Timcent when the time comes. I'll then buy some parts on ebay to complete a few other T-800 bashes. Sooner than those will be Robocop here. My original plan was to buy 2 standard figures and 1 with the chair. Now I'm thinking I may cut that back to 2 figures, 1 standard and 1 with chair. I thought I needed Robo in his chair as a permanent display but maybe I don't. Maybe I'll just be like normal people and have it as an option. However a display of clean and BD Robocop is 'essential' to me so that still requires 2 purchases. (and then the full BD figure will make 3)

Only getting what I really want was always a rule for me when I started collecting and thankfully I have stuck to it.

I hate to think were I would be financially and space wise if I went mental and bought everything that ever interested me in this hobby.

The figures, the extras, the customs, the dioramas etc..........:cuckoo:

So by interest u mean things that look nice but u are not a big fan of or feel u just don't need it right?

I actually started off the year pretty heavy but cancelled a few things and sold stuff that I had bought and received which I soon realised I could do without.

Really what did u cancel and sell?

Right now I've got some NECA stuff and something like 2 Hasbro Star Wars figures on order. I've got one MMS238 T-800 on order with Sideshow, I'll probably buy 2 more with Timcent when the time comes. I'll then buy some parts on ebay to complete a few other T-800 bashes.

Other than the police shoot out scene and BD Terminator what other scenes do u plan to make with the bashes?

Sooner than those will be Robocop here. My original plan was to buy 2 standard figures and 1 with the chair. Now I'm thinking I may cut that back to 2 figures, 1 standard and 1 with chair. I thought I needed Robo in his chair as a permanent display but maybe I don't. Maybe I'll just be like normal people and have it as an option. However a display of clean and BD Robocop is 'essential' to me so that still requires 2 purchases. (and then the full BD figure will make 3)

I use to think you had to buy two of everything if u wanted different scenes but I think if u could buy just buy the body on ebay you wouldn't have to buy two brand new figures. BTW what is the difference between the BD Robocop and full BD one? :huh

So by interest u mean things that look nice but u are not a big fan of or feel u just don't need it right?

That and also stuff that I really want but I will go through a Pros and Cons list.

For instance with HT new ED-209 figure, I'm a huge fan of his and I loved the design and he would look great next to the upcoming Robocop (which I'm getting) but I though of the space, the in-hand pics never really blew me away and my NECA version does the job so it was easy to pass up on him.

And then there is Barney Ross from the Expendables 2 movie, a movie I liked but would not really collect a figure from but the figure looked good, he was a good price and I needed a Sly Stallone in my collection so I bought him.

Also I had to miss out on the '89 Batmobile (due to space) which gutted me but it was also a blessing as because I missed out on that which was a 'grail' I can now miss out on a lot of things at ease.

There is always figures that I want (unless they truly screw them up) and then there is the 'I like it and I will get it' stuff but yeah I basically follow my 'rules' so to speak.

Really what did u cancel and sell?

This actually may have been last year but I cancelled an Elvis1976 Ripley (Alien) custom which I realised someone else would appreciate owning a lot more than me. More recently I cancelled that new Thor figure. In a way I 'cancelled' the EB Robocop, a figure which I assumed for so long that I would be buying. I decided not to order it. I sold an Elvis1976 battledamaged Marcus Wright custom which I had only recently bought near the end of last year. It was a fantastic figure but I realised the character just wasn't important to me and I wanted to kill off my completist tendencies for Terminator figures outside of T1 and T2. I also sold my regular Hot Toys Marcus Wright and one of the John Connor figures for this same reason. Some sales weren't just about the money they were strategic like that.

Other than the police shoot out scene and BD Terminator what other scenes do u plan to make with the bashes?

There's also a variation on the usual Police Shootout look where he zips up his jacket to hide bullet wounds for his attack on the motel

I use to think you had to buy two of everything if u wanted different scenes but I think if u could buy just buy the body on ebay you wouldn't have to buy two brand new figures. BTW what is the difference between the BD Robocop and full BD one? :huh

Well, I'd want the stands too for a more complete look to the display. There comes a point where you really are just as well buying a whole figure. The full BD Robocop will of course be without helmet. He will also have more damage not just to the main body but all over his arms and legs too

My answers in bold^^^

That and also stuff that I really want but I will go through a Pros and Cons list.

Wow that is a good idea! Now that is something extra for me to take into consideration. :clap

For instance with HT new ED-209 figure, I'm a huge fan of his and I loved the design and he would look great next to the upcoming Robocop (which I'm getting) but I though of the space, the in-hand pics never really blew me away and my NECA version does the job so it was easy to pass up on him.

Yeah if the NECA one does the job for u then I see no reason to go the extra mile for the Hot Toys one.

And then there is Barney Ross from the Expendables 2 movie, a movie I liked but would not really collect a figure from but the figure looked good, he was a good price and I needed a Sly Stallone in my collection so I bought him.

Hmm sounds like you are breaking your rule there in away, since u are only buying it because it looks good but have no interest in the character. Then again u did want a figure of Sly so I guess that is more of a pros and cons list thing. :dunno

Also I had to miss out on the '89 Batmobile (due to space) which gutted me but it was also a blessing as because I missed out on that which was a 'grail' I can now miss out on a lot of things at ease.

Oh good point u are right missing out on a grail piece would make it easier to pass on other things.

There is always figures that I want (unless they truly screw them up) and then there is the 'I like it and I will get it' stuff but yeah I basically follow my 'rules' so to speak.

I see.

My answers in bold^^^

Ok I didn't know u were buying so many customs, thought u were mainly cancelling Hot Toys and EB figures.

So basically ur bashes are from behind the scenes or promo shots of the Terminator that were not in the movie? I didn't realize he zipped up his jacket though to hide the bullet wound, that would be a good look so I can why u want to create that.

I honestly don't think u need to buy a whole another figure, a body should be a cheap and so should the stand when this comes out. :dunno

Ahh I thought u meant the full BD Robocop was the one without his helmet but because u said u were buying three altogether I assumed u meant three of the normal ones and not the full BD one that has not been released yet.

Ok I didn't know u were buying so many customs, thought u were mainly cancelling Hot Toys and EB figures.

So basically ur bashes are from behind the scenes or promo shots of the Terminator that were not in the movie? I didn't realize he zipped up his jacket though to hide the bullet wound, that would be a good look so I can why u want to create that.

I honestly don't think u need to buy a whole another figure, a body should be a cheap and so should the stand when this comes out. :dunno

Are you talking about Robocop here? I can't see him being parted out like other figures and if he is I can see the main body being pretty expensive

Ahh I thought u meant the full BD Robocop was the one without his helmet but because u said u were buying three altogether I assumed u meant three of the normal ones and not the full BD one that has not been released yet.

Yeah my reduced plan would be buying 2 of the current figure (1 regular and 1 with chair). One of them would be displayed as a pristine Robo and the other would use the partial Battle damage look that the figure offers. I'm sure there were further stages of BD between the ED-209 battle and how he ultimately ends up but I'll be content with 3 phases. Others I'm sure would be more restrained than that again and just have clean and full BD

Again in bold, I'm having a lazy day.

No problem pal.

6a01348660b2b3970c014e5f80ad90970c-pi

6a01348660b2b3970c014e865b2000970d-pi

6a01348660b2b3970c0147e2db9cc9970b-pi

:rotfl

There you go..... hahahahahahaha :)

Wow that is a good idea! Now that is something extra for me to take into consideration. :clap

Yeah if the NECA one does the job for u then I see no reason to go the extra mile for the Hot Toys one.

Hmm sounds like you are breaking your rule there in away, since u are only buying it because it looks good but have no interest in the character. Then again u did want a figure of Sly so I guess that is more of a pros and cons list thing. :dunno

Oh good point u are right missing out on a grail piece would make it easier to pass on other things.

I see.

Basically the scenario here was I had cash on the hip, I wanted a Sly in my collection and the deal was right. That is what I'm trying to say I can buy something from a movie, TV show etc. that I love or a character that I really enjoyed watching but if I look at a figure that I know next to nothing about or if I only though the movie was average or had no connection to then I will buy that figure as well as long as it impresses me.

Basically the upcoming Robocop is a must buy for me unless HT really screwed him up he was a definite purchase but I have in the past bought Sideshows Darth Malgus a character that I know nothing about but the figure really impressed me, whereas I cancelled my General Grievous order, a character I like because the in-hand pics never convinced me.

:thud:

Basically the scenario here was I had cash on the hip, I wanted a Sly in my collection and the deal was right. That is what I'm trying to say I can buy something from a movie, TV show etc. that I love or a character that I really enjoyed watching but if I look at a figure that I know next to nothing about or if I only though the movie was average or had no connection to then I will buy that figure as well as long as it impresses me.

I get what u are saying and I am guilty of the same thing but I am trying to break it because I can't collect everything. Otherwise I would have all those Hot Toys Iron Man figures because OMG they look so dam nice, despite that I have pretty much zero interest in that character.

Basically the upcoming Robocop is a must buy for me unless HT really screwed him up he was a definite purchase but I have in the past bought Sideshows Darth Malgus a character that I know nothing about but the figure really impressed me, whereas I cancelled my General Grievous order, a character I like because the in-hand pics never convinced me.

:thud:

I can see why u would cancel a character u like if it looks horrible but couldn't u have used that money towards a character u do like and that actually looked good as well? Instead of buying a character u have zero interest in but looks nice? :dunno I find when I buy characters just because they look nice despite having no interest in them, they don't stay in my collection for long. Not sure if that is the same with u.

Last edited:
Punctuation is your friend.

Plenty of Punctuation there buddy. Maybe you should read it slower. :dunno :pfft: :lol

I get what u are saying and I am guilty of the same thing but I am trying to break it because I can't collect everything. Otherwise I would have all those Hot Toys Iron Man figures because OMG they look so dam nice, despite that I have pretty much zero interest in that character.

I can see why u would cancel a character u like if it looks horrible but couldn't u have used that money towards a character u do like and that actually looked good as well? Instead of buying a character u have zero interest in but looks nice? :dunno I find when I buy characters just because they look nice despite having no interest in them, they don't stay in my collection for long. Not sure if that is the same with u.

You see I have never sold anything of mine so I have always had my collection at a level were I can manage it. Even with my upcoming Pre-Orders I will be okay but if I went mental and bought and bought especially stuff that I didn't really need then I would have problems especially space-wise. Cancelling the odd figure here and there helps as well I feel.

Well the money I saved on cancelling GG will be going to a character that I would really like in my collection so I will not waste the cash and impulse buy for the sake of it. My orders for the next year or so (unless something else comes out) are figures that I would love in my collection so it is good in that sense.

I suppose we all have our ways with dealing with this hobby and for me mines works so far. :wink1:

You see I have never sold anything of mine so I have always had my collection at a level were I can manage it. Even with my upcoming Pre-Orders I will be okay but if I went mental and bought and bought especially stuff that I didn't really need then I would have problems especially space-wise. Cancelling the odd figure here and there helps as well I feel.

Yeah space is a problem for me also. May I ask what are your upcoming preorders other than this Robocop? BTW are u getting the one with the chair or without the chair?

Well the money I saved on cancelling GG will be going to a character that I would really like in my collection so I will not waste the cash and impulse buy for the sake of it. My orders for the next year or so (unless something else comes out) are figures that I would love in my collection so it is good in that sense.

Oh I see. So u had money left over to buy the character u want when u cancelled GG? BTW I am not saying what u should and shouldn't do but for me I just have a rule not to buy something I have zero interest in the character but only want it because it looks nice. However, I do tend to break that rule at times. :eek:

I suppose we all have our ways with dealing with this hobby and for me mines works so far. :wink1:

That we do my friend. :hi5:

Yeah space is a problem for me also. May I ask what are your upcoming preorders other than this Robocop? BTW are u getting the one with the chair or without the chair?

Oh I see. So u had money left over to buy the character u want when u cancelled GG? BTW I am not saying what u should and shouldn't do but for me I just have a rule not to buy something I have zero interest in the character but only want it because it looks nice. However, I do tend to break that rule at times. :eek:

That we do my friend. :hi5:

Hey buddy ask what you like and state to me how you operate, that is the beauty of this forum. :duff

Yes space is manageable at the moment (figure-wise) but something like the 1989 Batmobile I would not have been able to display, so the more figures I get then space will become more of a problem although I will be putting up some more shelves asap to combat this threat.

As to my current PO list? I have (I will be keeping all these orders) -

HT General Zod
HT Robocop and Mechanical Chair
HT ASM Spiderman 2
HT Elder 2.0
HT BD T1 T-800 - (I will bash a second one also)
SSC Jango Fett

I will also be updating my Michael Myers figure soon with some new stuff, I may purchase a Ghostface figure and I'm hopefully going to bash a 1989 Michael Keaton figure also. I also have some NECA and SW figures on the horizon and then I will take it as it comes.

Well the money that I saved will be money that can go towards the upcoming Pre-Orders that I have or help me out with the Michael Keaton bash etc. Which is good as I did not blow the money elsewhere.

Yes we are all rule-breakers in the end. :lol

What do you have on PO buddy?

Back