Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
p7kg.jpg

So I was going to buy a Soldier Story black t-shirt for Bane today (for the opening scene look) but the seller admitted that there was a high chance that it could stain a Hot Toys body so I have passd for the moment.

I know that Mike Ecko recommended using cling film/seran wrap for the job but does anyone else have any tips on preventing a black t-shirt from staining Bane's body?

My Bane just left Japan. Just sittin' here waiting and browsing all 900 pages of this thread until I get him.

I was just curious if anyone has experienced staining on Bane's body from the jacket or sweater? I am not reporting an epidemic so please dont panic, but after several figures getting stains from the clothing they come with (Hulk) makes me worried. The sweater is brown and the inner liner of the arms of the jacket are black, it would make me very nervous to leave it on long term.

I was just curious if anyone has experienced staining on Bane's body from the jacket or sweater? I am not reporting an epidemic so please dont panic, but after several figures getting stains from the clothing they come with (Hulk) makes me worried. The sweater is brown and the inner liner of the arms of the jacket are black, it would make me very nervous to leave it on long term.

Anybody? :wave

I have never put the sweater on my Bane so IDK. Colour transfer on these figures is quite possible though. If concerned remove the sweater but it might of stained the figure already. :dunno

Sometimes you can remove marks and stains with something as simple as a rubber eraser.

I have never put the sweater on my Bane so IDK. Colour transfer on these figures is quite possible though. If concerned remove the sweater but it might of stained the figure already. :dunno

Sometimes you can remove marks and stains with something as simple as a rubber eraser.

Actually there are some tips Blythe doll owners use to remove stains from dark clothes. Keep in mind that there are different plastics out there, but it is possible to remove them. I haven't gotten any stains from my figs yet...

Anyways, here's a blog that shows some if the ways we remove stains. As always, they have been tested on blythe bodies, not sure if I'd work for other brands if doll bodies but you never know.

https://whitechocolatedreamland.blogspot.ca/2011/01/removing-stain-from-dolls-body.html?m=1

Makes me want to line my doll clothes with white fabric now .

Actually there are some tips Blythe doll owners use to remove stains from dark clothes. Keep in mind that there are different plastics out there, but it is possible to remove them. I haven't gotten any stains from my figs yet...

Anyways, here's a blog that shows some if the ways we remove stains. As always, they have been tested on blythe bodies, not sure if I'd work for other brands if doll bodies but you never know.

https://whitechocolatedreamland.blogspot.ca/2011/01/removing-stain-from-dolls-body.html?m=1

Makes me want to line my doll clothes with white fabric now .

Thanks guys, your input is extremely helpful. I think avoiding the darker clothing all together is the best choice, which sucks cause they are amazing!!!!

Back