Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

I'm a bit dissapointed with this figure. Obviously because you can't do the "boss pose" for the lack of double jointed elbows. Also the boots are ugly. The body it's so thin and short (his legs looks ridiculous thin). I don't know Hardy's height, but is he shorter than Bale? It looks like a 1/6.5 scale figure to me. Also the mask was blue in the movie? And finally the lack of accesories, why not include the black jacket, the Harvey Dent photo, Gordon's speech, the microphone from the stadium, the shotgun form the end and mabye the detonator?

I paid a lot for this figure (In my country the shipping and taxes are very high) and I kinda regret buying it.

hardy is very average height (much shorter than bale ~ he wore 3 inch lifts in the film). yes the mask was blue. also, the other jacket is dark brown, not black.

otherwise, i'm sure you can turn him around a year from now for at least 1 & 1/2 what you paid for him.

I'm a bit dissapointed with this figure. Obviously because you can't do the "boss pose" for the lack of double jointed elbows. Also the boots are ugly. The body it's so thin and short (his legs looks ridiculous thin). I don't know Hardy's height, but is he shorter than Bale? It looks like a 1/6.5 scale figure to me. Also the mask was blue in the movie? And finally the lack of accesories, why not include the black jacket, the Harvey Dent photo, Gordon's speech, the microphone from the stadium, the shotgun form the end and mabye the detonator?

I paid a lot for this figure (In my country the shipping and taxes are very high) and I kinda regret buying it.

If you're unhappy with the pants and boots , I sell customs of both :wave

Pants
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126888

Boots
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125214

:wave

Before
banebossversion20001.jpg

banebossversion20002.jpg

1st Dye Job
banepantsdyed1001.jpg

banepantsdyed1003.jpg

banecommpants9001.jpg

banecommpants9002.jpg

banecommpants9003.jpg

banecommpants9005.jpg

banecommpants9009.jpg

Who makes the pants and is it black dye for the pants ?

pants are in.. buddy..pm me your addy!!

banedid1a.jpg

before with DID pants

bane15a.jpg

After with painted DID pants, tomorrow I'll add the knee pads

bane5.jpg

before with crapy hot toys pants
bane16a.jpg

after with painted DID pants, I went charcoal gray instead of the what the hell were they thinking grey hot toys used

Looks great fellas , keep em coming.

If anyone needs knee pads , check out my Bane Pants thread for info

Looks really good! Fabric paint, right? And you just use it as you would use acrylic? What bush technique did you use?
Sorry, I have no experience with it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Looks really good! Fabric paint, right? And you just use it as you would use acrylic? What bush technique did you use?
Sorry, I have no experience with it.

First wash the pants in hot water, dry them and start painting , I used a 1/4" artist brush, let then dry between coats, you will need 3 coats also don't be stingy with the paint you have to wet the fabric, then after you finish put them in the dryer or use a hair dryer, very hot and that's it. It works great, covers the camo completely :yess:

Ecko your custom rocks! Nice one man.

First wash the pants in hot water, dry them and start painting , I used a 1/4" artist brush, let then dry between coats, you will need 3 coats also don't be stingy with the paint you have to wet the fabric, then after you finish put them in the dryer or use a hair dryer, very hot and that's it. It works great, covers the camo completely :yess:

Sounds good. Is there a certain brand to get? What is yours?

Yes, Bane's mask was blue, as a reference to the comics.

Back