Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Argh, I'd love to get a second one, but I just can't justify it for my display, without an alternate headsculpt. The options for clothing are just too similar otherwise - not enough to set them apart.

How so! There are so many diff Banes you can make without looking too similar to each other.

are5u9en.jpg

Only one winner there ! and it isn't the guy dressed up as Batman. :doh

Bane is in Baltimore as of last night but it says it won't deliver until Monday. What the hell...

How so! There are so many diff Banes you can make without looking too similar to each other.

But they're all really minor variations of one another.

I have several Jokers, but they're all VERY different. In addition to each having a different headsculpt, they have very different outfits - clown outfit, nurse outfit, police officer outfit, bank robber outfit, etc.

With Bane, it's all the same head. And pretty much all the display options you've got are variations of how much clothing he's wearing - with or without the sweater, with or without the coat, with or without the vest. Not a HUGE difference.

Don't get me wrong - if I had infinite space AND infinite money, I'd buy a half dozen of them, because then, why the hell not? But I don't so, I've got to have more of a difference to justify more than one, given that both space and money are limited..

But they're all really minor variations of one another.

I have several Jokers, but they're all VERY different. In addition to each having a different headsculpt, they have very different outfits - clown outfit, nurse outfit, police officer outfit, bank robber outfit, etc.

With Bane, it's all the same head. And pretty much all the display options you've got are variations of how much clothing he's wearing - with or without the sweater, with or without the coat, with or without the vest. Not a HUGE difference.

Don't get me wrong - if I had infinite space AND infinite money, I'd buy a half dozen of them, because then, why the hell not? But I don't so, I've got to have more of a difference to justify more than one, given that both space and money are limited..

OMG. Come to think of it, you're right... :panic:

Thanks guys,

I've posted some explanations to what I did in Bane Modifications Thread.

i've got $50 worth of ss points burning a hole in my pocket ~ i guess it's time to get a new body for bane. i love him, but his arms are driving me nuts.

Have these for sale if anybody is interested? Send me a pm if you are. Want to sell them altogether and not split. Thanks

Last edited:

Shameless promotion:

Episode Seven The High-end action figure podcast for high-end humans is now live for all to hear. This week we discuss Bane, city hunter with a special guest review of Luke Skywalker buy first time Hot Toy owner and renowned reviewer, Pixel-Dan.

Hot-Toycast-logo.jpg

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-hottoycast/id571814459

https://www.podcasts.com/the_hottoycast

www.eamonart.com/PODCASTS/The Hottoycast Episode Seven.m4a

I've been on the waitlist for 10 days. Should I go ahead and order this guy from bbts??

I've been on the waitlist for 10 days. Should I go ahead and order this guy from bbts??

I would, if I were you.

The nice thing about BBTS is it would also ship right away, albeit at a slight markup.

You might also check around in your local area if any shops carry Hot Toys. One of my local shops has two of them right now.

YOu know it would have been a hell of a lot easier if they just put snaps on the cuffs of the coat sleeves

YOu know it would have been a hell of a lot easier if they just put snaps on the cuffs of the coat sleeves

You're absolutely right about that. After trying to get the wrist guard on with the coat for the better part of an afternoon, I just gave up and put the coat on without it.

It's not that bad... put the cuff and hand on the arm, and slide that through the coat sleeve. Trying to get the cuff on after the arm is in the sleeve will be pretty much impossible.

You're absolutely right about that. After trying to get the wrist guard on with the coat for the better part of an afternoon, I just gave up and put the coat on without it.

Same here.

It's not that bad... put the cuff and hand on the arm, and slide that through the coat sleeve. Trying to get the cuff on after the arm is in the sleeve will be pretty much impossible.

Did that too but it's still a lot of twisting and futzing. One button on that sleeve would have made the most sense.

i've got $50 worth of ss points burning a hole in my pocket ~ i guess it's time to get a new body for bane. i love him, but his arms are driving me nuts.

same here....I still would like to be able to pose him in boss mode....damn u hot toys and your poor body choices...:slap

me too. :( Planned on going back to it when I have time.

So what's the recipe for dying the camo pants? I've dyed plenty but never had to mix things to come up with a specific color.

Back