Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

That bloody flak jacket... I took it off to get his jumper on and it took me forever to get it back on! thankfully I love the look with the jumper on after a bit of futzing so its staying on and I'll never take the damn thing off again.

I started to do it but quickly changed my mind,i don't have the patience to tie my shoe laces let alone mess with all those straps :horror

Got Bane today.:yess:

Awesome figure.:lecture

In that case I must have a different problem with the figure than You. Rotating the arm, in fact tweaking its position in any way, mainly deals with moving the ball joint of the shoulder, on which the arm rests. But the ball joint itself is ok. Its the arm that is somehow badly connected to it. Its loose, as if not properly poped in. I cant apply too much force trying to "pop it in", as then I risk damaging the shoulder joint. Perhaps Ill use a hair dryer to soften the arm plastic, remove it althogheter, and then try to re-attach it properly.

It took me a while to find that post, but I just opened up my Bane and found I have the same problem with the same arm. I just got him yesterday from my comic shop; it was a nice surprise to see him there. TheProcrastinator, did you end up fixing the arm? If so, how did you do it?
I know one other member had an issue with the arm, but fixed it by rotating it around. I tried that and it's still the same. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I had originally planned on posing him in the coat, but seeing him in just the vest makes me want to have that option too. Just, that arm. :slap

Man, that motorcycle helmet is covering up the goods, Mr. EcKo! He was particularly intimidating in that outfit, so it seems a shame to hide the Bane mask and headsculpt with the motorcycle helmet.

Also, is the visor on the helmet somewhat transparent plastic, or is it opaque? From the pics, it looks like it's been painted matte black. If it's not transparent, I'd consider giving it shinier, glossier coat of black, to make it more like the reflective nature of a visor.

So everyone here call it that because of you? Damn. :lol

Haha, it's been called the "Boss Pose" since before the movie was released, when pics started coming out from the filming. You know, because he carries himself "like a boss."

Bane should be here Monday. :rock

* waits for EvilFace to come and make fun of me*

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats brother , welcome to the Bane Paaaaahty :hi5:

Man, that motorcycle helmet is covering up the goods, Mr. EcKo! He was particularly intimidating in that outfit, so it seems a shame to hide the Bane mask and headsculpt with the motorcycle helmet.

Also, is the visor on the helmet somewhat transparent plastic, or is it opaque? From the pics, it looks like it's been painted matte black. If it's not transparent, I'd consider giving it shinier, glossier coat of black, to make it more like the reflective nature of a visor.

Haha, it's been called the "Boss Pose" since before the movie was released, when pics started coming out from the filming. You know, because he carries himself "like a boss."

Ther is no Bane head in the helmet , wach my video ,its a gambit head.

And the visor was clear ,i painted the inside of it flat black , it still has a transparent look :exactly:

When i get another headsculpt , i plan on having him just hold the helmet

It took me a while to find that post, but I just opened up my Bane and found I have the same problem with the same arm. I just got him yesterday from my comic shop; it was a nice surprise to see him there. TheProcrastinator, did you end up fixing the arm? If so, how did you do it?
I know one other member had an issue with the arm, but fixed it by rotating it around. I tried that and it's still the same. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I had originally planned on posing him in the coat, but seeing him in just the vest makes me want to have that option too. Just, that arm. :slap

Unfortunately no. Not yet. Bane is currently on my list of figures to mod. Once I get to him, I'll probably try some mods that will require opening the chest. Perhaps then I'll get a better look at what's wrong with the arm assembly. If that won't work, I'll either be fishing for a good ebay bargain on the new body, or just leave it as it is (it's not a figure-breaking flaw). I tried the tips about rotating the arm and it didn't help. It's not an issue of posing, the arm is definately badly attached.

Finally got my Bane :yess:.
img0307fh.jpg

img0309fm.jpg

img0308ka.jpg

:peace :peace

I love that inside the box it has let the games begin made me smile lol

The bane figure is full of so much win...getting my second one soon.

Argh, I'd love to get a second one, but I just can't justify it for my display, without an alternate headsculpt. The options for clothing are just too similar otherwise - not enough to set them apart.

the boot is awesome

Unfortunately no. Not yet. Bane is currently on my list of figures to mod. Once I get to him, I'll probably try some mods that will require opening the chest. Perhaps then I'll get a better look at what's wrong with the arm assembly. If that won't work, I'll either be fishing for a good ebay bargain on the new body, or just leave it as it is (it's not a figure-breaking flaw). I tried the tips about rotating the arm and it didn't help. It's not an issue of posing, the arm is definately badly attached.

Thanks for the response. I know exactly what you mean, the arm is just not attached right. I tried pushing it in, and even pulling it out. But I realized the joint probably isn't designed to just pull out. I won't try taking him apart because I don't want to have to cut the rubber chest open. I haven't even fully opened him since I saw the arm; so maybe I'll love the coat enough to display him with it on. I had originally planned to display him that way, but seeing him in person made me want to display the vest. I'll wait to see what Sideshow says next week.
Good luck with your mod! Definitely post your results when you get to it. :wink1:

Back