Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

DID pants, yep.
I dyed the pants with black idye poly. Then a few coats of watered down grey acrylic, realized they were a bit too grey and so a coat of watered down black :lol and then I accidentally mixed up some silver but it actually worked out for the better IMHO.

Check this thread, full of really helpful tips and people https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124963

DID pants, yep.
I dyed the pants with black idye poly. Then a few coats of watered down grey acrylic, realized they were a bit too grey and so a coat of watered down black :lol and then I accidentally mixed up some silver but it actually worked out for the better IMHO.

Check this thread, full of really helpful tips and people https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124963
thanks Bro :clap

I got the DID pants. I put em on Bane, but I think they're way too big. Might try bleaching it and dying it anyway just out of curiosity.

baneac.jpg

sweet!!! thanks
Ecko, I found a jacket to use instead of the trial master
, what do you guys think? in person it looks darker

Last edited:

I personally woulda went with a leather type jacket , if you are going with this , paint wash or dye it brown to be film accurate

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! it was brown and I painted it black :thud:

Here , this what it looks like

Just run the jacket under hot water from your faucet , that should remove alotta the dye

50102499.jpg

26356988.jpg

21451570.jpg

this just went up in price @ BBTS a whole $30!! their stock must b running low...

Here , this what it looks like

Just run the jacket under hot water from your faucet , that should remove alotta the dye

50102499.jpg

26356988.jpg

21451570.jpg

cool, will do tomorrow:hi5:

SO is this going to be one of those "sell out fast and super expensive in the coming months" kind of figures?

Ecko Holy crap man...that Bane on the bike is crazy awesome....love it

daaaamn got home after a good few drinks after work last night to see Bane had arrived! was a bit too pissed to check him out properly so will do tonight.

But he looks so awesome in hand.

this just went up in price @ BBTS a whole $30!! their stock must b running low...

They have started doing that with all popular figures, cheap move. I use to have nothing but high praise for them but now, not so much. They are using scalping practices.

SO is this going to be one of those "sell out fast and super expensive in the coming months" kind of figures?

Yes.

Took some more shots of my bad boys today. One is the Hot Toys the other (with the trailmaster jacket) is kitbashed using parts, pretty much all of which are official HT's parts.

tumblr_ml3g9clIDY1qj9qhjo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml3g9clIDY1qj9qhjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml3g9clIDY1qj9qhjo5_1280.jpg

Back