Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

They have started doing that with all popular figures, cheap move. I use to have nothing but high praise for them but now, not so much. They are using scalping practices.

I've spent thousands with them over the years (mostly Transformers) and they've always been kinda scalper-ish.

This move doesn't really surprise me.

To me, they are the last resort sort of web store where the best thing I can say about them is they pack their stuff very well and ship in a timely fashion.

Price has never really been their strong suit.

Took some more shots of my bad boys today. One is the Hot Toys the other (with the trailmaster jacket) is kitbashed using parts, pretty much all of which are official HT's parts.

tumblr_ml3g9clIDY1qj9qhjo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml3g9clIDY1qj9qhjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml3g9clIDY1qj9qhjo5_1280.jpg

Looking good man

It's funny how in some instances the stock trousers look completely fine (wrong colour i know) and in others they look really bad. Master Futzers vs Stock

Looking good man

It's funny how in some instances the stock trousers look completely fine (wrong colour i know) and in others they look really bad. Master Futzers vs Stock

I'm constantly having to futz with the pants. I gotta get me some of that awesome Mr. Ecko-like baggy shiz.:lol

I've lowered those substantially down the legs, so they're kind of sitting half way down his arse. From the front they look great. I was considering getting custom trousers and shoes but, I really do like the stock ones once I've messed with them. I know it's not the opinion of a lot of people but I'm not huge on perfect screen accuracy, I just like it to look how I want it to.

Looks great Hannibal , i see that you removed that caked on brown paint , good job brother

Got these two cops off ebay and thought I'd use them in a Dio scene.
Bane captured....

customs041113008_zps4f3047f1.jpg

customs041113007_zps0458697a.jpg

customs041113006_zpse917e6cf.jpg

Didn't Bane break through cuffs like it was nothing in the plane scene though? I'd imagine it's all part of his plan to get caught like that, do you even know where those cops are REALLY from? MAYBE THEY'RE IN ON IT!? OH **** IT'S ALL PART OF HIS PLAN!!

I've lowered those substantially down the legs, so they're kind of sitting half way down his arse. From the front they look great. I was considering getting custom trousers and shoes but, I really do like the stock ones once I've messed with them. I know it's not the opinion of a lot of people but I'm not huge on perfect screen accuracy, I just like it to look how I want it to.

Agreed, the stock pants actually look pretty good once you mess with them, like you have. Only thing is you have to have the coat on to hide the fact that they are hanging half way down his *** lol.

I know I'm in the minority here, but personally I think the custom pants most people are using look TOO baggy to me. Just doesn't look right. Might just be the way people futz them, not sure, but I've only seen a small handful of Banes with custom pants which actually looked good and better than stock.

Agreed, the stock pants actually look pretty good once you mess with them, like you have. Only thing is you have to have the coat on to hide the fact that they are hanging half way down his *** lol.

I know I'm in the minority here, but personally I think the custom pants most people are using look TOO baggy to me. Just doesn't look right. Might just be the way people futz them, not sure, but I've only seen a small handful of Banes with custom pants which actually looked good and better than stock.

vESj1.gif

Finally mine will be here on monday :yess:

Terrible customer services from Forbidden Planet in the UK though. I guess it wasn't the womans fault, there system is broken..

Basically i pre ordered Bane from them, They had a expected delivery date of May, so i haven't been paying too much attention to the website.

Noticed Modelzone had then in stock this morning so i pulled the trigger bought it from them.

Called FP up to cancel the Bane pre-order and the woman says that my card had been declined for the order. I was confused and said how is that possible when it isn't arriving for another month? She then went on to tell me they arrived last week!

they charged my card on Wednesday but it obviously declined (I transfer funds for figures i'm saving for into a separate account then when it's close to the release i transfer all the funds back into the account i pre-ordered with.) I said how comes i didn't get a notification that the stock had arrived or that you were going to charge my card? She said that they don't do notifications unless the product has been delayed. So i went on to say how on earth am i supposed to know that it's in stock then? check the website every day from the day i pre-order it to make sure it hasn't arrived? and she basically said yes

It's a good job Modelzone still had them in stock because if i hadn't been looking to see if anywhere else had them in stock and bought it, I would have waited until May only to be then told this. By which time Bane would be sold out and i'd have got jewed out of a figure i''d had on pre-order for over 6 months!

Forbidden Planet UK are useless beyond words. They don't even limit their pre orders. They work on a first come first serve basis, so you could put in a pre order and not know you're one of the hundreds that doesn't get their figure because they under ordered. That's one of the main reasons I'd go with someone like Model Zone or Mothers Basement (my retailer) they order a set amount and then only take pre orders for those orders.

So, they order a hundred and a hundred people can pre order. I got mine from Mothers Basement, arrived the day after they came into stock and he's a beauty. Congrats man, you'll have to throw up some photos when you get time.

Forbidden Planet UK are useless beyond words. They don't even limit their pre orders. They work on a first come first serve basis, so you could put in a pre order and not know you're one of the hundreds that doesn't get their figure because they under ordered. That's one of the main reasons I'd go with someone like Model Zone or Mothers Basement (my retailer) they order a set amount and then only take pre orders for those orders.

So, they order a hundred and a hundred people can pre order. I got mine from Mothers Basement, arrived the day after they came into stock and he's a beauty. Congrats man, you'll have to throw up some photos when you get time.

Thanks for the heads up Hannibal, I've only ever used FP for 2 HT figures anyway thankfully. MGS Snake and Bane, so i guess only 1. Safe to say i won't be using them in future!

I've never used mothers basement, i've got pre-orders with Lee (the good the bad and the robots) very good dude would recommend. I'll use either Lee, OSB or i've been looking at ToyHQ recently, There prices are very reasonable

I'll try got some pics up on Monday. Gotta wait a whole 2 days now thanks to the weekend coming around :slap

Last edited:

Haha, jump back a couple of pages and I've got some photos of mine to keep you busy.

Remember for a while there Hot Toys figures were staying in stock a lot longer than they used to? Is that over or is just certain figures are selling out immediately and rising in price quick?

Remember for a while there Hot Toys figures were staying in stock a lot longer than they used to? Is that over or is just certain figures are selling out immediately and rising in price quick?

Are you talking about HT figures in general?

I'd agree with what your saying. The best sellers sell out in an instance, people buy multiples of them only to sell them on at scalper prices later. Lots of online shops have less popular figures in stock from ages ago. Even good figures from other companies other than HT still have stock. I think it's just HT

If that's what your talking about! i could be wrong?

Thanks for the heads up Hannibal, I've only ever used FP for 2 HT figures anyway thankfully. MGS Snake and Bane, so i guess only 1. Safe to say i won't be using them in future!

I've never used mothers basement, i've got pre-orders with Lee (the good the bad and the robots) very good dude would recommend. I'll use either Lee, OSB or i've been looking at ToyHQ recently, There prices are very reasonable

I'll try got some pics up on Monday. Gotta wait a whole 2 days now thanks to the weekend coming around :slap

I missed out on Bane with OSB so went with ToyHQ due to the initial disappointment with the proto pics, pre-ordered him in Jan, got the invoice Monday, dispatched Tuesday, in my hand on Wednesday. Great service.

Seems that we have a pretty great selection of sellers in the UK.

I got my DX09 from FP, can't fault them, they got it quite early compared to other UK based stores and shipping was £1 IIRC, still won;t use them again after hearing horror stories from others!

Yeah, it seemed like for about a year HTs weren't selling out like they used. I mean they eventually did but much longer than previously. There was talk that maybe HT was making way too much product etc.

But recently it looks like figures are selling out quickly again.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I missed out on Bane with OSB so went with ToyHQ due to the initial disappointment with the proto pics, pre-ordered him in Jan, got the invoice Monday, dispatched Tuesday, in my hand on Wednesday. Great service.

Seems that we have a pretty great selection of sellers in the UK.

I got my DX09 from FP, can't fault them, they got it quite early compared to other UK based stores and shipping was £1 IIRC, still won;t use them again after hearing horror stories from others!

That's good to know!, if i ever look to using them.

We do have some pretty good suppliers, i mean the majority pack out well, arrive without damage and have good cs etc. If your ever looking elsewhere, try member The_One over at The Good The Bad and the Robots. Gives fellow boardies lay away options like OSB, real nice guy. I've had the DX11 and DX13 on preorder with him. I just pay what i can when i can aslong as the balance is paid for 2 weeks before it's in hand. Perfect for the way i collect!

It just sucks about the wait time for us here in the UK. It's killer browsing the threads of figures your waiting for when everyone else has got them and talking about how good they are and snapping photos. Proper tests your will

That's good to know!, if i ever look to using them.

We do have some pretty good suppliers, i mean the majority pack out well, arrive without damage and have good cs etc. If your ever looking elsewhere, try member The_One over at The Good The Bad and the Robots. Gives fellow boardies lay away options like OSB, real nice guy. I've had the DX11 and DX13 on preorder with him. I just pay what i can when i can aslong as the balance is paid for 2 weeks before it's in hand. Perfect for the way i collect!

It just sucks about the wait time for us here in the UK. It's killer browsing the threads of figures your waiting for when everyone else has got them and talking about how good they are and snapping photos. Proper tests your will

Nice one, always great to add more sellers to the list!

The wait times have been a bit hit and miss for us, I remember I got the DX12 pretty sharpish from OSB, our sellers have had a bit of a wait for Bane and the DX11, they're at the mercy of Hot Toys I suppose.

I try stay away from the boards once Sideshow start shipping to our American friends but I can't resist the pictures some of these guys produce!

Back