Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Nice one, always great to add more sellers to the list!

The wait times have been a bit hit and miss for us, I remember I got the DX12 pretty sharpish from OSB, our sellers have had a bit of a wait for Bane and the DX11, they're at the mercy of Hot Toys I suppose.

I try stay away from the boards once Sideshow start shipping to our American friends but I can't resist the pictures some of these guys produce!

I feel you man, It makes the wait that much more punishing seeing the great photos fellow members put up!

I'm going to see how the stock pants look but i'll most likely keep them. I don't want to have to buy the new ones and mod them. I'd rather keep the costs of this figure low. As good as it is i don't want to have paid £200+ for it, not when we are likely to see another version based on how well it's sold.

Has anyone thought about dying/has dyed the stock pants?

Yeah, it seemed like for about a year HTs weren't selling out like they used. I mean they eventually did but much longer than previously. There was talk that maybe HT was making way too much product etc.

But recently it looks like figures are selling out quickly again.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I think it's because there is a crap load of new collectors out there , and there's a crap load of people buying mutiples of figures with high hopes of flipping them later down the road for ridiculous prices .

This goes on with all the Rainman Crackhead collectors , i see them buying each new figure calling it "MY GRAIL" OMFG it's very beautiful i wanna fk it and sleep with it , then they sell it 6 months later for double or triple the price knowing that they are long sold out and are sought after by people who missed out .

I honestly can't fkn stand these mofos :exactly:

^^^ indeed, I have 4 in my collection, Batman theme with DX11 under 2 weeks away I hope. People often ask me the value etc and if I get them to sell on at a later date and the thought never crosses my mind. I'm just a fanboy lol :D

Hm, I was wondering why I've been seeing so many Rainman items lately. But I was noticing the same thing about HT. It made me lazy and was why I ended up putting Nick Fury and Hawkeye on the backburner, and in turn missed out on both.

I think when I saw the Ex.Rescue Cap didnt sell out, I figured things had cooled down, and I could pretty much wait on almost everything.

Totally agree with Ecko on this one. Its the slime ***** of this hobby that are ruining it for the serious collectors. I know folk that have collected for years and now find they cant get hold of figures without paying through the nose for them due to them selling out so fast. Its pure greed and nothing else when all they want to do is cash in.

I've spent thousands with them over the years (mostly Transformers) and they've always been kinda scalper-ish.

This move doesn't really surprise me.

To me, they are the last resort sort of web store where the best thing I can say about them is they pack their stuff very well and ship in a timely fashion.

Price has never really been their strong suit.

Yeah i know they buy popular HT figures back after sellout and sell them at scalper prices, but now they are doing that when they get them from SS. I can't speak for anything but HT figs. I've never purchased anything else from them.

Are you serious?
I'm lost for words.

Next you will be pointing out that one of his pupils is higher than the other.
Or that there is more brown paint on one of the pipe connections than the other.

:mwaha:mwaha:

(am i the only one who noticed the humor in this post??)

newuec.jpg

83299858.jpg

dscf5162og.jpg

Try to get a new head dude. Those eyes are jacked.

Totally agree with Ecko on this one. Its the slime ***** of this hobby that are ruining it for the serious collectors. I know folk that have collected for years and now find they cant get hold of figures without paying through the nose for them due to them selling out so fast. Its pure greed and nothing else when all they want to do is cash in.

I don't agree with it, but if people want to treat these figures as investments, I can't argue with the logic. Anything that is limited & sought after, will rise in value in time, and these figures certainly can bring in a serious return on investment if you are patient. The one caveat is if another, improved version of the character is released, the older one can take a hit in value temporarily, but there seems to still be completists out there that want original releases regardless.

I only buy figures that I intend to keep because I'm a fan...that being said, I sold my DX02 to fund my DX12 and when I needed to free up cash to pay for bills, I sold off part of my collection to make it happen. Scalpers and those that buy up numerous figures solely to flip them do make it harder for actual collectors to get the figures they want, but honestly, if you are paying attention when pre-orders are taken, there should be no reason you can't get the figure you want from SS or other toy suppliers. It's only when you show up late and try to acquire figures gone by that you face the increased costs. Not much different from stock shares really: if we all bought shares in Apple or Google or Microsoft early on, when the time was right, we'd be sitting pretty.

Scalpers are scum, but unfortunately, there will always be people out there trying to make a buck.

Scalpers are scum, but unfortunately, there will always be people out there trying to make a buck.

Coming from many years of toy robot collecting, it's even worse with mass produced, lower end stuff.

The scalpers tend to make the toys scarce just by buying it all up in droves so that it never sees a store shelf sometimes.:lol

The nice thing about high-end figures like SS or HT is that it's an expensive initial investment for the scalper. The bad news is that when the stuff goes up in price, boy, does it go up.

Coming from many years of toy robot collecting, it's even worse with mass produced, lower end stuff.

The scalpers tend to make the toys scarce just by buying it all up in droves so that it never sees a store shelf sometimes.:lol

The nice thing about high-end figures like SS or HT is that it's an expensive initial investment for the scalper. The bad news is that when the stuff goes up in price, boy, does it go up.

I think there'd should be a law against scalpers, and the punishment should be to hang them by their nuts ( if they have any) :yess:

I think there'd should be a law against scalpers, and the punishment should be to hang them by their nuts ( if they have any) :yess:

The annoyance of seeing empty store pegs in mass retailers is something I will never miss.

I'm so glad I got out of that hobby for the most part.

Collecting 1/6 stuff isn't so bad to me. I can generally get what I want without BS scaper-induced scarcity––FOR THE MOST PART.:wink1:

when I got Bane and put it next to Bats dx12 it was no comparison, the dx12 looked like a toy, Bane look like a million dollars.
I going to leave that one stock and get parts to for a custom one starting with the tt muscular body ( so it can do the Boss pose )and spare parts from ebay, not going for screen accurate but just to have fun with it, get different outfits, color etc. but really its an amazing figure.

Last edited:

when I got Bane and put it next to Bats dx12 it was no comparison, the dx12 looked like a toy, Bane look like a million dollars.
I going to leave that one stock and get parts to for a custom one starting with the tt muscular body ( so it cn do the Boss pose )and spare parts from ebay, not going for screen accurate but just to have fun with it, get different outfits, color etc. but really its an amazing figure.

I truly love both figures equally, but Bane is an achievement by HT.

Got this delivered this week and finally got a chance to open it and inspect it. Was going to pass this up but I am so glad I didn't. It looks amazing. A bit pricey but once in hand I think it's justified. $ well spent.

Finally got my Bane today. Damn this figure is so awesome. :)

Fitted it with my previous purchased custom pants by Snooks (get one whilst you still can!).

Also putting together a kitbashed one for another look, kinda obvious which part I am missing.

im on waitlist for this on SS, anybody's WL converting? im trying to decide wether to just get it on rip... err ebay.

Kinda funny that the DX12 base works just as great with Bane, it might even work better. Reminds me of this scene.
7803703698_1943cc1ddb.jpg

Kinda funny that the DX12 base works just as great with Bane, it might even work better. Reminds me of this scene.
7803703698_1943cc1ddb.jpg

I know exactly what you mean.

I kinda want to get a second DX12 base and swap out the nameplate for Bane.

It's weird having my DX12 Bats stand taller than Bane as I have it at the moment.:)

Back