Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Improved the scale on the Dent pic.

IMG_20130319_072411_598_zps3f62631c.jpg

Let's see if I can go a day without changing the pose again.

What dimensions did you print the Dent photo at?

280 x 315, I think. I just used Paint and fiddled with the dimensions until I had one I was happy with. Took a few tries.

I think those pants are a *bit* too big for my tastes. I think when properly futzed the stock pants look great.

But Bane has no butt , great figure but only with the coat on , shirt vest is ok too from the front but no butt ?:dunno

Beautiful work on the pants and boot Cobra. I do have one question though. How did you go about making the extra strap for boots that goes over the top of the foot?

Got my Bane yesterday. Very impressive figure. The concave nose on the mask is not nearly as distracting to me in person as it was on the high resolution photos earlier in this thread.

That said, the pants are more of an issue than I had expected. I tried pulling them down some and just ended up with Bane exposing himself all over the place. The pants are stitched so tightly at the waist that I nearly bent my fingernails off trying to inch them back up his waist. After half an hour of adjusting I managed to get them to look a little better, though not nearly as well as some I've seen in here. They're just so narrow at the knees and thighs. Speaking of knees, one of mine fees a little looser than the other, but I'm not willing to take off those pants to investigate it.

The lack of accessories still bothers me, especially at this price point. A shotgun and a detonator would have both been great additions. I do love his display stand though, and the broken cowl is done well. Overall I'm pretty happy with him. This is certainly one of the more lifelike figures I've owned.

Last edited:

Thanks guys!

The original pants even if you like them are just not a good quality pant. On mine the stitching looked like it was going to come apart out if the box. The custom pants just in quality not even in look are such a step above its not even funny.

Irok, the boots you just need to make a paper cutout of the strap how you want it to fit. Then place on a piece of suede or leather ( the backside) and cut out with a scalpel. Then just glue it. You will need to make or get some kind if buckle and the. You will be good to go!

Okay. I went a head bought two of the same boot so that I could use the buckle. I hope my turns out as well as yours did. Still waiting on my pants though. Thanks for the help.

Bane arrived today and wow.
The figure needs a SERIOUS amount of futzing to start looking awesome.

The sculpt is... YAY and I REALLY like the coat. Amazing.
Unfortunately I seem to be one of those collectors whose coat sleeves are a tad too tight for the gauntlet.
Buuuuut I squeezed it through and even managed to pop the hand onto the peg.

Absolutely amazing shelf presence as a lot of you guys alteady said!

View attachment 59453

View attachment 59454

But since I already have a still packaged TTM20 lyong around here:
Does anyone of you already have swapped out the arms and can tell me:
with the TTM20 arms, how is the articulation under coat, sweater and vest to archive the boss pose?
I find the arms as they are on my Bane now really hard to move...

I already ordered two spare gauntlets since I suppose the ine in the coat sleeve to certainly rip apart after a few changes of poses.

The only real complaint I have it that the straps on the back of the sash that hold the buckles for the straps to the front of the sash are only sticked to the sash and not sewn or similar.
Out of the box two straps were already partly detached...
Buuut superglue is already on its way...

Well we know which way St. Patrick swings. :lol

just got my Bane figure, out of box he just look too clean. I did some weathering on the coat. It makes the figure more realistic compare to stock. check em out.

IMG_3791_zps94185ecd.jpg

IMG_3790_zpsecda2e1e.jpg

IMG_3780_zps534b8d50.jpg

IMG_3795_zpsbcbcd1e0.jpg

IMG_3777_zps5fc10241.jpg

got mine today, love love love looking at this figure, the vest was intimidating out of the package but with patience it wasn't very much of a task at all:)
(forgive my lack of lighting, just snapped these off with my phone)
banepic2_zps0c46cfc8.jpg

banepic3_zps7a6a3167.jpg

:mad:So PO'd. My order for the pants Cobraka22 recommended was canceled. So now I'm stuck with the stock skinny jeans.:mad: I had put in for two sets.

Wow the weathering on the coat looks awesome man. What did you use, sandpaper?

just got my Bane figure, out of box he just look too clean. I did some weathering on the coat. It makes the figure more realistic compare to stock. check em out.

IMG_3795_zpsbcbcd1e0.jpg

IMG_3777_zps5fc10241.jpg

:thud:

Epic work bro, I was happy with the way it came in the box until I saw those pics:monkey2

:lol

IMG_3791_zps94185ecd.jpg

IMG_3790_zpsecda2e1e.jpg

IMG_3780_zps534b8d50.jpg

IMG_3795_zpsbcbcd1e0.jpg

IMG_3777_zps5fc10241.jpg

That jacket looks fantastic!!!
I have to get the nerve up...and ignore my wife when she rolls her eyes.

Got mine last Friday .. I wasn't the biggest fan of his character but after seeing the pictures he looked like he has a lot of presence in a collection. Very happy with him.

DSC_0138.JPG

DSC_0139.jpg

Back