Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Has anybody tried to alter the color on the trailmaster jacket yet?

I did my own repaint which can be found in this post: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5433050&postcount=7136

Or you can simply visit the page here: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113582&page=714

For all you guys that have the trialmaster jacket. Can you fit the Brown shirt under it or nay?

I was wondering this myself for a while now, so I tried it out. Doesn't look too bad, feels a bit more bulky, although it took some effort to get the arms of the sweater through the sleeves of the jacket.

So here's some new photos of Bane with the repainted trialmaster jacket + brown long sleeves shirt underneath:

v171F9w.jpg

ksrFhat.jpg

zK04Nas.jpg

tnfFHpA.jpg

dVceyPN.jpg

"You can watch me torture an entire city and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny...
We will destroy Gotham and then, when it is done and Gotham is... ashes... then you have my permission to die."​

HwH02NH.jpg

Last edited:

"You can watch me torture an entire city and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny...
We will destroy Gotham and then, when it is done and Gotham is... ashes... then you have my permission to die."​

HwH02NH.jpg

that looks awesome!! another amazing pics of your bane ronri :clap

You know, up until now I over looked the trialmaster look for Bane even in the movie. I watched it the other day and finally realized how much he actually wears it in the movie. Now, I actually greatly prefer the look over the Revolution Coat, which I still like mind you.

Honestly it's A SIN Hot Toys didn't include that jacket, I think I like him a bit more with it then the coat. Looks awesome though ronri, it almost looks official.

I guess its best that it turned out this way. It would have been harder to put together the coat. Although with such an essential look, we know its coming somehow, someday from HT. I just dont think I can wait :)

As far as the the brown sweater is concerned, I have a loose white tank top I'm gonna dye brown and put on him to give the illusion of the sweater, without having to worry about the extra bulk fitting with he jacket.

Honestly it's A SIN Hot Toys didn't include that jacket, I think I like him a bit more with it then the coat. Looks awesome though ronri, it almost looks official.

It's ironic that Hot Toys uses the Bane picture wearing the Trailmaster Jacket on their box...but they dont include it :dunno

With double jointed elbows too.

Might be with the Stock Exchange look as a second outfit.

Just one more way for HT to milk the Batman franchise.

With double jointed elbows too.

Might be with the Stock Exchange look as a second outfit.

Just one more way for HT to milk the Batman franchise.

Yup, it will probably be the ying to this release yang. (Think BRJ).

Different outfit, better body, baggier pants, improved vest. etc.

I did my own repaint which can be found in this post: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5433050&postcount=7136

Or you can simply visit the page here: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113582&page=714

I was wondering this myself for a while now, so I tried it out. Doesn't look too bad, feels a bit more bulky, although it took some effort to get the arms of the sweater through the sleeves of the jacket.

So here's some new photos of Bane with the repainted trialmaster jacket + brown long sleeves shirt underneath:

v171F9w.jpg

ksrFhat.jpg

zK04Nas.jpg

tnfFHpA.jpg

dVceyPN.jpg

HwH02NH.jpg

Thanks brother. I love your photos by the way. What kind of paint/dye did you use?

Yesterday I got in all my parts for some more mods/extra bane! I will tell the story of my adventure last night to maybe help some of you guys doing some of these mods.

Pants came from hong kong to my surprise yesterday so I got to work on them. They are the DiD ones and I feel they are superior to my first set.

I did the whole process to dye them etc. then got to the painting stage and did it the same way I did my first pair, but..... I bought some new paints as I was out and didn't realize my grey was an enamel!!!

I watered it down and started painting the pants not realizing until after a few strokes, I was like what the hell :gah:

So I just kept going then got frustrated and got my hands involved just massaging the paint in lmao. I then said F-it as I thought they were ruined and mixed some more enamel paints and got it to the color I wanted to go for as the enamel paint just sticks and covers instantly and just dumped on and massaged around.

They were fully dyed but it was a glob mess and my hands were worse, I was mad at myself for not noticing it was the wrong paint so just started washing my hand and scrubbing with paint thinner to get off the paint. The pants were sitting there in the sink and I just gave another F-it and threw em in a bowl, turned on the hot water and added dish soap and started scrubbing.

After like 30 minutes the pants started feeling like pants again and to my surprise were cleanly dyed the color I was going for, I scrubbed/rinsed/rang out until I got no color in the water. It is actually a much thorough/clean job then my first one after its all said and done though Im not sure if I would recommend doing it at the risk or really ruining your pants with no backup like I had. I then correctly painted the knee area darker and dryed the whole ant with a hairdryer then added the stock bane knee pads.

For this set of pants I wanted to go a more blue grey than I did on the first ones which are more grey black. In all photos and parts of the movie they can look so different. (same as the boots)

Anyway here are the pants so you can see the difference:

banepants_zps9d212616.jpg

Now as you see above I also got the Korean boots so I also got to work on those last night.

I got some spare flat leather and used the rough side and cut the straps out. I used the buckle from the vest that came with the DiD pants for them and then glued them onto the boots.

I dry painted the whole thing a sesame color and then added darker/lighter colors in to weather them. The boots are another thing that look so many different ways in the movie but I always leaned towards the color I went with.

I also got my TTM20, Bane sculpt and vest yesterday.

I took the jacket of my original bane and then I started to put together my "main" bane. I used the TTM20 my new pants/boots. I used the undershirt then vest on top followed by the coat and gauntlet.

I have to say the TTM20 seems way bulkier overall than the stock body, it also has ankle extenders so its taller. I was finally able to achieve the boss pose! Anyway here it is!

banecoat_zpsbadaa982.jpg

Finally I picked up my original bane and grabbed the extra gauntlet and modded to fit over the hand. Refutzed some since taking off the coat and did a sewer fight look:

banevest_zpsceea52d7.jpg

LOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG night but Glad to be finished and have 2 Banes I am happy about! Crazy thing is I wasn't finished as I got joker stuff plus my Frank Miller tonymeis bat suit in too.......:rotfl

Any questions you guys have peel feel free to ask me or PM me as I don't mind helping fellow freaks!

Nice work Cobra. Big difference the pants make. Too bad HT couldn't see that when they were designing him.

Back