Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Oh ok. Well I was going to just add the arms from the DX10 to the Bane body so I should be good height-wise.

Yeah, thats what I did. PM me if you bump into something. :wave

Not at all bud.

Here's a pic:

P1030198_zpsb7a7611d.jpg

^^^^
That's with everything on, sweater, gauntlet (tucked into sweater), vest and coat. It just takes lots of futzing to make it look decent.

Damn, that does look good! I guess once I get my Bane Fullset, I'll be putting the coat on this one then. Thanks, Zach! yours looks amazing :rock

Yeah, thats what I did. PM me if you bump into something. :wave

I will be using ShortRound's tutorial so I should be good but if not, I will definitely hit you up Mike.

I will be using ShortRound's tutorial so I should be good but if not, I will definitely hit you up Mike.

TTM 20 arm construction is different than that of Bane's body. The swivel is on top, instead of the bottom.

Good luck, bud :peace

Did you get your shipping notice buddy?

Yes. Last Friday I got it. I honestly think they ship out the UPS/Fed EX orders first then do the USPS ones.

I should have him by the 15th. :yess:

TTM 20 arm construction is different than that of Bane's body. The swivel is on top, instead of the bottom.

Good luck, bud :peace
Oh ok then definitely keep your PM box open. :panic:

Thanks Zach, appreciate it man

That's a great pose ya got there Zach!

Thanks man. :duff

I ordered a mic to pose him in the "stadium speech" scene. The only thing I'm worried about is if his arm will bend far enough to put the mic up to his mouth. :lol

That is an awesome pose. My Bane should be here soon.

Hey guys, I managed to score some of those multicam pants from a friend who got had planned to dye them but sold his bane. He got it from this ebay auction and there are still some available if anybody wants to take a look
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DID-1-6-Deluxe-Access-E60055-Multicam-Uniform-Set-US-Army-no-packing-DDX75Z-/330873603406?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D6160982853136148551%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D330873603406%26

And here are the ones I got

IMG_0243 by Milkman231, on Flickr

Planning on bleaching them soon but this is the first time I'll have done anything like this, could anybody give me some tips on what colours to mix? Cobrakas look great!
Finally got home today to open my packages!

bane_zpsf290fe20.jpg

Thanks man!

I basically used elvis1976's instructions from his custom bane thread.

You need to bleach, then dye dark color navy/black, then do a mix of water and grey acrylic paint or color of personal preference. A lot of coats until it gets the color you want and the Camo is gone.

Hope that helps!

Appreciate it the tips man! :hi5:

Now to get a body and start building a bane :lol

Thanks man!

I basically used elvis1976's instructions from his custom bane thread.

You need to bleach, then dye dark color navy/black, then do a mix of water and grey acrylic paint or color of personal preference. A lot of coats until it gets the color you want and the Camo is gone.

Hope that helps!

do you dip them in or use a paint brush on the final step?

Paint, but it's a watered down mix so it's very light and you need to continue the process until desired.

Paint, but it's a watered down mix so it's very light and you need to continue the process until desired.

cheers :0 My bane and dx batman have arraived in belfast this morning. They could be with me today. Not been this exiected for a HT in a while :yess:

Do we know for sure he had his military vest on underneath? I very much doubt it; it would be very hard to move under three very thick layers.

Hmm... I just presumed since he had his military vest underneath his jacket, and the DCS vest just fit over the jacket, that the military vest was still underneath.. Plus he just looked so bulky in that scene when he takes off the helmet and enters the stock exchange. Could be wrong though.

Daaamn, I hadn't noticed that actually. From what I gathered from Elvis' thread he replaced his but I don't know what with, and the HT kneepads look to be a bit small to me
E24C1B1F-D2F8-4582-B213-269BA6227FEB-15705-00000ABC4C5D3778.jpg

Looking at this, Im also gonna need some some of those custom boots from a few pages back too, as a guy who's never done anything other than buy and futz before...this is gonna suck so make :lol

Back