Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Is there no exclusive for this figure ?

Nope. You know they are going to release a DX version and do something exclusive with that.

I hope it comes with motorcycle Bane though, with that red helmet and that DCS jacket or whatever that thing is.

Decided to lighten the vest armour and add some sculpy to the mask crevice. Will probably do some more attempts when I get some spares in:

100_7635.jpg

100_7636.jpg

100_7638.jpg

Nice work. The nose looks much better.

Am i the only one who isn't bothered about the mask/nose?.
Nope. You know they are going to release a DX version and do something exclusive with that.

I hope it comes with motorcycle Bane though, with that red helmet and that DCS jacket or whatever that thing is.

I actually don't think they will. I think this will be a Harvey dent style release just like catwomen will be. After all Batman is the star of the show so he gets the DX treatment. I think he's perfect as is and actually once he's futzed and displayed he is my second favourite figure and my god he has such an amazing shelf presence.

i agree 89 batman face plates are awesome
is anyone in uk having trouble with bane from model zone and there release dates i pre ordered off there last july yet could have had off e bay buy now!

I wouldn't expect somewhere like Modelzone, or Forbidden Planet for that matter, to have this in stock until well after Sideshow. If you want them fast, buy from Hong Kong.

Last edited:

I actually don't think they will. I think this will be a Harvey dent style release just like catwomen will be. After all Batman is the star of the show so he gets the DX treatment. I think he's perfect as is and actually once he's futzed and displayed he is my second favourite figure and my god he has such an amazing shelf presence.

I dont know, I could easily see them doing a DX version. The fact that this doesnt come with much of anything is VERY suspicious to me.

Batman is a very popular franchise. They know whatever they release will sell. Unless they are trying to NOT make money, they are very aware of the fact that they could release 3 versions of Bane and all will sell. They did that with the Joker, and all sold.

There really is no reason why they wouldnt make a DX version with the PERS, motorcycle outfit, that other black jacket he wears, those detonators he uses, come with a light up nuclear bomb, and fix the mask. That would sell out very quickly, and Im almost willing to put money on them doing this at some point. Im that confident that they will knowing how they operate. They double, triple and quadruple dip all their big franchises as much as they can.

Anybody know where I might procure a 3/4 sleeve black shirt like Bane wears on the plane? I've found long sleeve and short sleeve but no 3/4. I'm hesitant just to cut the sleeves on a long sleeve as I'm thinking they'll roll and/or fray.

I'm playing with having him displayed in handcuffs and kneeling.

Nope. No issue with me.

I wouldn't expect somewhere like Modelzone, or Forbidden Planet for that matter, to have this in stock until well after Sideshow. If you want then fast, buy from Hong Kong.

yep begining to wish i had

although this figure looks well worth the wait

I wouldn't expect somewhere like Modelzone, or Forbidden Planet for that matter, to have this in stock until well after Sideshow. If you want then fast, buy from Hong Kong.

Man, if Modelzone started to get Hot Toys and Enterbay stuff in stock that would be rather splendid!!

I happen to life right across from one. Imagine picking up your Hot Toys from a store across the road! :rock

Anybody know where I might procure a 3/4 sleeve black shirt like Bane wears on the plane? I've found long sleeve and short sleeve but no 3/4. I'm hesitant just to cut the sleeves on a long sleeve as I'm thinking they'll roll and/or fray.

I'm playing with having him displayed in handcuffs and kneeling.

I was thinking the same, so many options you could have with this fig, so glad I pulled the trigger early on this guy and wait for DX 12 pre order

The Legend jacket fits pretty well with a bit of tweaking. When I get the chance I will do a full weathering, mod job..

1-93.jpg

Did you have to remove the chest armor from the vest?

Back