Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

bane9.jpg

:clap :hi5: :duff

Wow, spending another $60-$70 just to hack up the arms? Must be nice to have extra cash to burn.

You wouldn't ruin either body. You'd just swap the arms between the two. Bane body with Arnold arms and Arnold body with Bane arms. We shouldn't have to do this to get him right, but it can be done.

Got Bane from a local store which gets a piece or 2 of first stocks from HK. Didn't go cheap at about $270, but I think that's the price I pay for my mistake of not POing this. I think it's still better deal than the $290 offered by Ebay's Golden Warrior (guobei) that are not even in-stock yet. Add custom fees to overhead, too, so yeah I guess it's a good deal already.

Will try to post pics soon after my deadline. Trying to get the figure outa my mind coz I gotta work on a Sunday. Have a great weekend, pals!

I don't have that kind of money to burn.

Pre-ordered. Had to get a friend for DX Joker 2.0

You wouldn't ruin either body. You'd just swap the arms between the two. Bane body with Arnold arms and Arnold body with Bane arms. We shouldn't have to do this to get him right, but it can be done.

It's really not a question of 'getting him right though is it. It's just that some people want to pose him in this boss pose and need to change the arms to accomplish that.

He's perfectly right with the current arms.

Last edited:

Yeah I'm happy with the stock arms, so I find that it's definitely not something that HT got "wrong". I'd rather pose him with the bare arms anyway, and the double-jointed elbows would've looked horrid, so I'm glad HT went with the stock arms without going full-on rubber arms. The loss of the boss pose was a necessary sacrifice, and one that I can honestly say that I couldn't care less about.

Last edited:

Pre-ordered. Had to get a friend for DX Joker 2.0

i'm not quite sure these two will get along....

It's really not a question of 'getting him right though is it. It's just that some people want to pose him in this boss pose and need to change the arms to accomplish that.

He's perfectly right with the current arms.

i totally agree ~ i don't want to swap arms on him. but i do want another body for the posability. and once i'm done playing with him, he'll go on the shelf with his stock body and jacket and he'll be awesome regardless of the pose, just like my dx12 (on which i feel no need to mod a single thing).

i don't have serious quibbles with hot toys' design choices.

i'm not quite sure these two will get along....

HA!

Going by the movie standpoint though, it's definitely interesting thinking about how Bane and Joker would react towards each other. If you think about it, the first layer of Bane's plan is certainly something that Joker would actually want to happen. More than anything the only real issue between the two is that while Joker wants full-scale anarchy (something that Bane certainly initiated and somewhat succeeded at), Bane still holds a tyrannical grip over Gotham despite his claims of "liberation". Couple in the final part of the plan in which his revolution is merely a mockery of Bruce and that he really wants to blow it all up, it's definitely something that Joker would have an issue with. I guess in this regard, it's either Joker would tolerate Bane's plans and join in the "fun", or if he's smart enough (and I wouldn't doubt it), he'll probably scheme a pseudo turf war in retaliation should he ever doubt or found out about Bane's actual plans.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into this, but it's certainly an interesting thought in its own right. :D

i totally agree ~ i don't want to swap arms on him. but i do want another body for the posability. and once i'm done playing with him, he'll go on the shelf with his stock body and jacket and he'll be awesome regardless of the pose, just like my dx12 (on which i feel no need to mod a single thing).

i don't have serious quibbles with hot toys' design choices.

Quoted for truth, i'm all for people doing what they want with their figures for their own personal preference, but i have gotten very tired of the constant thrashing people are giving the DX12 because it isn't what they expected, as if plopping down $250 bucks means christian bale shows up at your door in the batsuit.... seriously i love the DX12 as is, and more people should be happy with it as well but ah well whatever.

I got bane finally pre-ordered/paid so now its just a wait, and i'm already tired of waiting, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll come in feb, not march....

Didnt some guy post in the omg bane photo thread that ssc said it comes out late Jan.?

...it's definitely interesting thinking about how Bane and Joker would react towards each other. ....it's either Joker would tolerate Bane's plans and join in the "fun", or if he's smart enough (and I wouldn't doubt it), he'll probably scheme a pseudo turf war....

it's fun to conjecture! i think the joker would irritate the heck out of bane ~ totally offend his sense of method and order. love the idea of a turf war between these two. someone should write that.

i'm all for people doing what they want with their figures for their own personal preference, but i have gotten very tired of the constant thrashing people are giving the DX12.... seriously i love the DX12 as is....

amen!

I imagine the nolan versions of them meeting and joker trying to insist on something he wants and then bane simply snapping his neck....

I love the stock arms too for the bare arm look. I wanted to know if boss pose could be done wearing shirt or coat. Either way I'm thinking of buying a 2nd one cuz I want to display the bare arm look and the coat look.

I imagine the nolan versions of them meeting and joker trying to insist on something he wants and then bane simply snapping his neck....

if he can catch him ~ but yeah, this is kinda how i see it going, which makes me glad it was never going to happen.

joker: you wanna know how i got these scars?

bane (caving in his skull with one punch): get out of my face, you little gnat.

or else bane would grab him for a good throttle (a la homer simpson) and joker would take them both out with five grenades. less work for batman, i guess.

Back