Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Well its not perfect but I know it has been done.

553253_10151187760197344_984433053_n.jpg

252025_10151187755567344_404112078_n.jpg

Could maybe modding banes torso with regular TrueType arms work? If so does anybody know how to switch arms out?

The holding the jacket/vest pose could possibly be achieved. You will have to dremmel down the arms on the body so I would probably recommend using a different body so that you can still use the main body for other poses if it doesn't work. But I think if you dremmel down the biceps and forearms you could achieve this pose this the jacket on.

a crummy tt knockoff can do this pose.

bosspose.jpg

what gives, ht?

What gives is there was no way to make the cost less option aesthetically pleasing and double jointed.

i'm okay with the double joints (though i know many are not). and i'm okay with buying the ht muscle body (and paying the $70 or whatever it costs).

i'm not okay with it not being able to do this even with double joints (as demonstrated by Jokes & Bats).

: (

a crummy tt knockoff can do this pose.

bosspose.jpg

what gives, ht?

That's not a knockoff, is it? I think that's from one of them military figure lines. If anything, HT should definitely update their truetype because that body up there can actually do flying poses with arms stretched up and has lesser gap between the traps and delts area than HT's plus it comes with the much needed double jointed elbows.

That's not a knockoff, is it? I think that's from one of them military figure lines. If anything, HT should definitely update their truetype because that body up there can actually do flying poses with arms stretched up and has lesser gap between the traps and delts area than HT's plus it comes with the much needed double jointed elbows.

i actually have no idea what it is ~ it came with the PIRP Inspector set and was handy to take pictures.

i just know a narrow or regular ht tt can do this pose, so i'm wondering why an ht tt muscle can't.

Beacause of the muscle definition obstructing a greater angle.

i was one of those who wanted to do the boss pose. Since having him in hand i don't care to want to any more(not that i can with his body). He just looks so menacing just standing there like i have him now, his shelf presence in person is amazing i can't wait to get my DX12 in to go with him.

bane%25201%2520-%2520Copy.jpg

I also wanted to change out his pants,but upon recieving him once the pants are futzed they look great.

Beacause of the muscle definition obstructing a greater angle.

ohhh ~ makes sense. i have never had a muscle body with double joints of any brand, so i've never seen one in person.

i was one of those who wanted to do the boss pose. Since having him in hand i don't care to want to any more(not that i can with his body). He just looks so menacing just standing there like i have him now, his shelf presence in person is amazing i can't wait to get my DX12 in to go with him.

I also wanted to change out his pants,but upon recieving him once the pants are futzed they look great.

awesome picture! yeah, maybe i will just wait until i have him and then decide if the additional articulation is worth it. like you, maybe i will just love him and not care.

i actually have no idea what it is ~ it came with the PIRP Inspector set and was handy to take pictures.

i just know a narrow or regular ht tt can do this pose, so i'm wondering why an ht tt muscle can't.

I think the sculpted biceps obstruct the articulation though it's no excuse for HT not making double jointed elbows.

Oh and I was wrong, that body is actually HT's Truetype Narrow Shoulder Body:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2453271&postcount=1

Wonder why can't they make the shoulder joints like that on the muscled one as well.

Edit: I was wrong again! They actually do make double jointed elbows for muscular body types though only dx10 has it so far. No luck with the highly posable and more anatomically correct shoulder joints.

Last edited:

Naa THIS is the BEST!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMPZ7WeDck[/ame]

I'm Bane, yes, that's my name.
When you hear the name Bane, I guarantee the pain.
I'm coming after you, Bruce Wayne.
I'm stronger, smarter, and clinically insane.

Bruce Wayne and the Batman are totally the same.
I broke his back mortal comBAT smack,
then I cracked my '28 Krug champagne.

I'm Bane, yes, it's a shame.
I declare martial law, and you all complain!
I laugh when you ask why I wear the mask.
I'll explain. It's because.....

You say it too much, the name becomes inane.
Of course! Some think my plan lacks gain.
If you say it too my face, I'll crash your plane.

Naa THIS is the BEST!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMPZ7WeDck

When you hear the name Bane, I guarantee the pain.
I'm coming after you, Bruce Wayne.
I'm stronger, smarter, and clinically insane.

Bruce Wayne and the Batman are totally the same.
I broke his back mortal comBAT smack,
then I cracked my '28 Krug champagne.

I'm Bane, yes, it's a shame.
I declare martial law, and you all complain!
I laugh when you ask why I wear the mask.
I'll explain. It's because.....

You say it too much, the name becomes inane.
Of course! Some think my plan lacks gain.
If you say it too my face, I'll crash your plane.

Its the same person doing both videos :rotfl

I'm going to try an arm swap so I can keep the scar.

i don't think the arm swap is going to work if it's the biceps that's keeping the forearm from folding in flat enough. unless you swap to a non muscle body arm, in which case it will look scrawny, no?

Well since I don't want to buy extra bodies or strain/break his arms to do the boss pose I will be posing him like this. Except from the front.

dark-knight-rises-bane-tom-hardy-211.jpg

And I think that pose is pretty boss in itself.

This is the pose i will be leaving him in as well, and this is the safe way to go initially until we find out from others if the sweater or even coat stained the body.

Back