Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

I recieved the slick willy Trialmaster jacket today. Threw it onto a HT Dutch body and slapped on the mod pants I am using for a custom. The jacket is actually pretty nice. It is a thin material in the shoulders so you can work the sleeves up the arm to give some bulk. If you were wondering if it would fit banes body with the vest, I am going to say it will. There is plenty of room in the chest and a bunch of room at the torso for the support belt.

This will be a great custom, just picked up another one for the stock exchange to make a pull over vest for that look. Bane has so many combinations, it is really going to be a fun figure to create different versions from the movie! :yess:

banefront_zpsb23b259b.jpg
"]

baneback_zpsae314a07.jpeg

baneside_zpsdc41cf91.jpeg

oh my God he has no head!!!!

p.s. nolan's bane is the awesomest.

I'm saying bruce lee made movies, bruce lee is actually one of the only fighters I find believable in cinema, which is what I was trying to say, Nolan's Batman ain't Bruce lee. And Nolan's Batman is FAR from realistic. It's amusing ofcourse, but anyone that thinks an unarmed man in a bodysuit is capable of dishing out the pain to armed thugs is an idiot. Which is what Nolan does very well, he uses movie magic to make you think what you're seeing could be done. :lol

I guess we are talking about two different things then.

All I know is Bale was throwing a hell of a lot of sloppy *** hooks. Didn't look like much of a martial artist to me. The fight scenes seemed brainless. I mean Bane's style is pretty cut and dry, destroy what you hit. I expected more from Batman.

One of the things you're forgetting is that in TDKR we are seeing a Batman who's not at his best. TDK is the best representation of his skill. Now was he doing roundhouse and split kicks? No, but those techniques are not practical in many situations. He was never going to move like Bruce Lee because he's not the same size. Lee was small, but powerful and his style fit his size.

We were discussing this a few weeks ago. There's no buildup to how Batman defeats Bane. Batman is aiming for the chin in the first fight as well, and he's punching like he can destroy Bane. Bane says "You fight like a younger man...blah blah."So to me it actually made sense that Batman was totally using a bad strategy. What doesn't make sense is how he showed up at the end and basically tried to do the same thing. I mean, what did Wayne expect to be different this time around? We didn't see anything to give us a clue into his thought process except to go toe-2-toe with Bane again. I guess he had fear again which made him faster and stronger. This is said in the movie but not really represented in the fight, which is why I think the second fight fell well short.

But they spent too much time on other stuff to dwell on how Batman was actually going to beat him. "He hit the mask"." Okay...great.

Edit: Not to mention the whole time they were doing the second fight, I was still trying to wrap my head around the cops vs mercs running at each other and punching instead of the mercs just mowing everyone down in that street.

I could be wrong but it sounds like you're looking for things to unravel the movie. I could sit down and pull the first two films apart level by level. There are SO many things that are exactly like the cops vs mechs in those other films, but for some reason people are fine with them. Now that doesn't make ANY sense.

One of the things you're forgetting is that in TDKR we are seeing a Batman who's not at his best. TDK is the best representation of his skill. Now was he doing roundhouse and split kicks? No, but those techniques are not practical in many situations. He was never going to move like Bruce Lee because he's not the same size. Lee was small, but powerful and his style fit his size.

Well I haven't seen any Bruce Lee movies. I think Batman was throwing wild hooks without any setup=amateur boxer. Set ups are important because the time it takes to land a wide hook leaves you vulnerable to a straight punch counter. Then add to the fact that Bane can smash pillars with one punch and I would have to say that Batman should have better knowledge/instincts because he can't really afford to get hit. I guess what I'm saying is I thought the fight was poorly choreographed because it wasn't really true to the character of Batman. Bane was done well, but then again, his style is kind of a no-brainer. I will say that I am an amateur fighter so I was probably looking at this stuff differently, but I was still letdown with the fight. Also, as an amatuer fighter, I thought Hardy did a great job. Looked very real from him

Well I haven't seen any Bruce Lee movies. I think Batman was throwing wild hooks without any setup=amateur boxer. Set ups are important because the time it takes to land a wide hook leaves you vulnerable to a straight punch counter. Then add to the fact that Bane can smash pillars with one punch and I would have to say that Batman should have better knowledge/instincts because he can't really afford to get hit. I guess what I'm saying is I thought the fight was poorly choreographed because it wasn't really true to the character of Batman. Bane was done well, but then again, his style is kind of a no-brainer. I will say that I am an amateur fighter so I was probably looking at this stuff differently, but I was still letdown with the fight. Also, as an amatuer fighter, I thought Hardy did a great job. Looked very real from him

Yeah but it made sense cinematically, in the context of that scene. The fight was great exactly becouse of that crude but powerfull, bull-like punch exchange. It wasn't some cheap, over-the-top, hollywood choreography with no power or sense of force behind it. Instead, it was two juggernaughts brutally pummeling at each other. Like two bulls clashing. Which was very fitting for those characters. Christian Bale's characteristic fury, slowly being replaced by agression born of helplessness, as Batman is roaring like a cornered animal, desperately trying to summon some last reserves of strenght. In fact in some moments the fight seemed more like a clash of wills rather than a pure physical contest.

The whole thing was fantasticaly raw and gritty, with real power behind all the punches and charges. The trilogy made a point of showing Batman fighting style as aggressive "elbow to the face" approach, which is very fitting. The direction of the fight was also sublime. No music, the soundtrack consisted only of the sounds of pummeling fists, Bale's growls of anger, the waterflow of the sewers and the rattling of rusty chains, hanging from the celing. Catwoman and Bane's men, the only witnesses to the whole thing, watching in scilence. Very atmospheric.

Also it wasn't a no brainer haymaker contest. You can clearly see a Keysi Fighting Method (or whatever that damned thing is called) exchange throughout both fights. That characteristic KFM fencing with elbows. It showed that they are two men from the same background.

I have mine preordered on ssc do we have an exact release date?

Well just to throw a bone into the discussion:

Personally I love the first fight the most. The choreography there made sense and you could tell there was a certain methodology in their fighting (Bane was calm and perfect, Batman was sloppy and stubborn yes but certainly not without strategy). While I wasn't completely disappointed in the final fight, it did feel more underwhelming not because of Bane, but because of Batman. It wasn't so much that the fight was horrible, rather it was the strategy behind the fight. It works on the idea that Batman had a better resolve and thus was able to power on through. It's nice and simple, but I won't lie in saying that I'd have preferred a more cerebral approach as to how he would've faced Bane than just another straight-on fist fight. I actually found the original screenplay more interesting, in that despite being overpowered by Batman, Bane insisted his men to stay back. That sort of showcasing would've been welcome as at least it would've signaled Bane's arrogance and underestimation of Batman's skills, something that wasn't conveyed well enough during the fight.

Also the cinematography, it just wasn't as dynamic as the first fight. Watch the fights back to back, look at the camera angles/zooming and even just the placement of the characters on the screen. If you can seriously tell me that the second fight matches up to the first fight, I honestly wouldn't be able to take you seriously. That aside, the final fight wasn't terrible by any means, but it certainly doesn't match up to the brilliant work that was put into the first fight.

Admittedly, I actually liked Bane even in the comics BUT I find a certain level depth in Bane that I can truly appreciate (something I could never find the comic version) in Nolan's version, in that he somehow managed to tie up Bane's connection to Ra's Al Ghul and Bruce as something that's more personal (albeit twisted) than ever before especially in comparison to his team-up with Ra's in the comics.

One quote I truly agree with from TheProcrastinator is this one:
Bane in TDKR is someone who despite his great intelect, is nonetheless driven by some misguided and pathetic beliefs, that he is trying to force upon the world at gun-point.

Accounting for some of the removed dialogue in the screenplay, I found that despite his ex-communication, Bane truly did seem to hold Ra's in high regard. Heck he practically described him as the one who "rescued" him, hence why he truly wanted to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny. It was something that I was wondering since many people often say that he was only attached to Talia and that his dedication to the League was only a masquerade (meaning that his influence mainly came from Talia and Talia alone), when in fact, the original screenplay actually indicates that he was written as someone who really respected Ra's. What I liked about Nolan's Bane the most was his twisted connection to Bruce, in that he holds a personal grudge against him based on the fact that Bruce betrayed the League. It's certainly twisted considering how one bit of removed dialogue from Talia clarified that Bane was in fact too much for the League, and that Ra's only saw a monster that couldn't be tamed (beyond the whole thing about being a bad "reminder" of his wife's death). So the fact that he hold Ra's in high regard enough to want to torment Bruce, DESPITE being ex-communicated for such reasons, was something I found interesting.

Now personally I'd argue, Joker was definitely more scary. His unpredictability and lack of direct influence on the players of his schemes was what made him feel more frightening, since he purposely avoids making it seem as if he had a hand in things. That sense of unaccountability made him feel untouchable, so defeating him by proving his point to be wrong was truly the only way to "beat" him as crushes the very basis of his plans. He had a creepy moralistic view that made him act as if he was above everyone else, or rather, he's the only one that's actually accepted the true unhinged nature of humanity. What made him truly frightening was how it seemed as if any sort of misfortune (be it imposed by him or upon him) seemed like a pleasure to him, almost as if nothing could get under his skin. I do like how Joker treats Batman almost as if they were equals, equals in that they recognize the shackles of authority, with the exception being that Batman let's his morals get the better of him.

While I did say Joker was more frightening, I felt that Bane was definitely more imposing. Unlike Joker, Bane actually felt like he held concrete principles (as twisted as they are), and it made him seem harder to reason with. He was something you had to deal with, not something that escapes under the radar like Joker. While Joker was certainly frightening, his phantom-like influence made him feel more intangible, unlike Bane who did in fact seem like an impending force of absolute authority. Both certainly work well based on what they're meant to represent, and while I'd say that Bane is definitely my favorite villain from the trilogy, I wouldn't rule out Joker because of how utterly well-crafted he is as a villain in his own right.

Last edited:

Procrastinator, I wanted to quote all of your posts regarding bane, and his fight scenes with batman.

But this will sum my feelings on your posts;

QUOTED FOR THE MUTHA EFFING TRUTH.

Well said man.

Ronri, thanks for including some of the deleted dialogue...I hadn't heard about that yet. Great post!

I actually do like the last fight scene because it seems like batman is finally in control of himself. It would have been nice to see him use his head a bit more, like out smarting bane and then beating him to a pulp. But I guess punching his breathing apparatus and making him freak out was a good trick.

The only thing I really don't like about the last scene is the interrogation flashback where he's punching him asking where the trigger man is. If Joker wasn't going to give you straight information that way, why would Bane? Especially since he's planning on taking down you, your city, and himself with an atom bomb. Why would a bit more pain make him spill the beans?...he's prepared to die. It doesn't seem like there was any other way for that scene to end other than talia stabbing him. I do like how batman quotes the permission to die thing back to bane though. Like he wasn't willing to kill Ra's, he didn't want to kill harvey, but now he is ready to kill Bane. It makes it feel really drastic, like batman is straight up murdering now. There are things at stake more important than his personal quest and morality.

Now I have a serious problem with comic batman killing, but since it's nolans world I tend to appreciate it in this instance. Thats why I actually like the 1989 one in comparison...because batman clearly has no qualms with murdering the joker.he straps a friggin gargoyle to his leg and murders him. If movie batman is going to kill people, he might as well not pretend he has a rule against it.

I've said it before, but what I get out of the movie (and the title even) is that Blake becomes the heir to the batman and is more in line with the ideology of the batman we all love from the comics. And in that way, it works that batman and catwoman end up together since basically they are the middle ground between heroes and villains. They both have blood on their hands but ultimately for the greater good and they finally can both be at piece with their lives erased.

Last edited:

Accounting for some of the removed dialogue in the screenplay
I just realised I haven't read the official script. Are there any interesting, juicy tidbits worth checking out, that didn't make it into the theatrical cut?

Now personally I'd argue, Joker was definitely more scary. His unpredictability and lack of direct influence on the players of his schemes was what made him feel more frightening, since he purposely avoids making it seem as if he had a hand in things. That sense of unaccountability made him feel untouchable, so defeating him by proving his point to be wrong was truly the only way to "beat" him as crushes the very basis of his plans. He had a creepy moralistic view that made him act as if he was above everyone else, or rather, he's the only one that's actually accepted the true unhinged nature of humanity. What made him truly frightening was how it seemed as if any sort of misfortune (be it imposed by him or upon him) seemed like a pleasure to him, almost as if nothing could get under his skin. I do like how Joker treats Batman almost as if they were equals, equals in that they recognize the shackles of authority, with the exception being that Batman let's his morals get the better of him.

While I did say Joker was more frightening, I felt that Bane was definitely more imposing. Unlike Joker, Bane actually felt like he held concrete principles (as twisted as they are), and it made him seem harder to reason with. He was something you had to deal with, not something that escapes under the radar like Joker. While Joker was certainly frightening, his phantom-like influence made him feel more intangible, unlike Bane who did in fact seem like an impending force of absolute authority. Both certainly work well based on what they're meant to represent, and while I'd say that Bane is definitely my favorite villain from the trilogy, I wouldn't rule out Joker because of how utterly well-crafted he is as a villain in his own right.
I agree. I'd say that Joker created an aura of terror, a palpable feeling of uncertainty and dread, while Bane was terrifing on a more face-to-face basis. Still, its not like he was only effective/scary in person. He had big scale ambitions and fullfiled his grand plans with sheer force and meticulous, practical apply of violence. Joker got what he wanted through manipulation, Bane gets what he wants by stomping down his combat boot on necks.

Also, going back to the previous point of Bane being filled with misguided beliefs and trying to prove something to the world. One of my favourite little details/bits of Bane in TDKR, is the scene of Scarecrow trials. You can clearly see that while people are shouting and arguing, Bane is removed from all this commotion, observing from a distance, leaning in his leather coat against the wall, looking up form time to time, and casualy playing with something that looks like a piece of string (i think it was the same thing he later used to tie around Batman's neck). He truly thinks that in that moment, he is wintessing real human behaviour in a situation with no rules. At the same time being totaly oblivious to the fact that he was the one forcing this whole mess on people, and that it didn't really prove any of his ****ed up ideology.

QUOTED FOR THE MUTHA EFFING TRUTH.

Well said man.

Yeah but it made sense cinematically, in the context of that scene. The fight was great exactly becouse of that crude but powerfull, bull-like punch exchange. It wasn't some cheap, over-the-top, hollywood choreography with no power or sense of force behind it. Instead, it was two juggernaughts brutally pummeling at each other. Like two bulls clashing. Which was very fitting for those characters. Christian Bale's characteristic fury, slowly being replaced by agression born of helplessness, as Batman is roaring like a cornered animal, desperately trying to summon some last reserves of strenght. In fact in some moments the fight seemed more like a clash of wills rather than a pure physical contest.

The whole thing was fantasticaly raw and gritty, with real power behind all the punches and charges. The trilogy made a point of showing Batman fighting style as aggressive "elbow to the face" approach, which is very fitting. The direction of the fight was also sublime. No music, the soundtrack consisted only of the sounds of pummeling fists, Bale's growls of anger, the waterflow of the sewers and the rattling of rusty chains, hanging from the celing. Catwoman and Bane's men, the only witnesses to the whole thing, watching in scilence. Very atmospheric.

Also it wasn't a no brainer haymaker contest. You can clearly see a Keysi Fighting Method (or whatever that damned thing is called) exchange throughout both fights. That characteristic KFM fencing with elbows. It showed that they are two men from the same background.

:exactly::goodpost: Couldn't have said it better myself.

I agree. I'd say that Joker created an aura of terror, a palpable feeling of uncertainty and dread, while Bane was terrifing on a more face-to-face basis. Still, its not like he was only effective/scary in person. He had big scale ambitions and fullfiled his grand plans with sheer force and meticulous, practical apply of violence. Joker got what he wanted through manipulation, Bane gets what he wants by stomping down his combat boot on necks.

:exactly:

Yeah I bought a copy of the TDK Trilogy screenplay compilation, and since people asked, there's definitely some interesting bits from the original script.

I'm putting up the final fight as there's enough differences to warrant some mention:
EXT. DOWN TOWN STREETS - CONTINUOUS

Bane strides through the battle, taking out Cops left and right. A space clears - he is face to face with the Batman...

BANE: You came back. To die with your city.

BATMAN: No. I came back to stop you.

Bane leaps at Batman, smashing powerful blows into his head. Batman ducks, weaves and smashes his fists into Bane's side.

Someone is watching from the window of City Hall - Miranda.

[skipping bits about Blake and Gordon]

EXT. DOWN TOWN STREETS - CONTINUOUS

Batman and Bane fight, Batman pushing Bane back - a Tumler roars between them, separating them. Batman chases after.

EXT. LOBBY, CITY HALL - CONTINUOUS

Bane smashes backwards through the door, Batman on him. Batman pounds Bane against the marble floor. Mercenaries guarding Miranda move towards them -

BANE: Stay back. He is mine -

Bane smashes Batman's head - moves in for the kill, but Batman smashes Bane to the ground, ripping sideways across the tubes of Bane's mask with the blades of his forearm. Bane bellows, thrashing in agony. Batman holds him down with a hand on his throat - searches him with his free hand.

BATMAN: Give me the trigger! You'd never give it to an ordinary citizen -

Bane's thrashing calms as he stares at Batman through pain-soaked eyes... gasping through his broken mask for relief.

BANE: I broke you. How have you come back?

BATMAN: You thought you were the only one who could learn the strength to escape?

Bane looks at Batman, curiosity behind his pain.

BANE: I never escaped - Ra's al Ghul rescued me. That is why I must fulfill his plan. That is why I must avenge his murder.

BATMAN (confused): The child of Ra's al Ghul made the climb.

One of the obvious bits that I myself liked in the film version was Batman's echoing of the "permission to die" quote and the Bane rage mode segment, so those were definitely welcome additions. Skipping everything else since it's pretty much the same as in the film, here's where one of the deleted scenes mentioned by Lindy Hemming comes in along with Talia's mention of Bane's ex-communication:
TALIA: The League took us in. Trained us...

Bane, in a prototype mask, stands on logs, blocking blows from men with sticks.

TALIA (voice-over): But my father could not accept Bane.

Ra's al Ghul watches Bane training. Turns away.

INT. LOBBY, CITY HALL - CONTINUOUS

TALIA: He saw only a monster who could never be tamed. Whose very existence was a reminder of the hell he'd left his wife to die in.

Also I won't lie in saying that some moments of the ending chase scene with Talia were actually more interesting in the original screenplay. Gordon was originally meant to fire gunshots from the back of the truck which would've killed the driver so Talia takes the wheel. In the ending segment of the chase scene, Selina would've used the Batpod to move ahead and face the group upfront (like how Batman did in the film), only this time she blasts a leading Tumbler in front of the truck which would've made the two collide against one another, thus causing Talia's truck as well as the Tumbler to flip and crash into the tunnel. The final touch is the same, as Bruce gets to be the one to take away the bomb.

Last edited:

Just wanted to post this in here for some of you guys that don't make it to the custom forums. In Elvis1976's custom bane thread ( https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114485 ) he recently released the recipe for his pants and I wanted to try and replicate it but the ones he used seem to be sold out everywhere. I went thru all the sites looking at all the pants looking for an alternative.

I found these :

https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIVHP-UU505

Its not exactly the same but pretty close to the style of banes. I figured I wouldn't mind having a project to work on so I got to it.

I finished mine tonight and I am pretty happy with the outcome, but I will have to wait for bane to come to see how it will fit and futz into the boots etc.

pants_zpsfddcaa3f.jpg

Would also like to know this ^

Is it the same body as the DX t800?

Is it possible to detach the arms on these bodies just below the shoulder ball joint or would the entire arm need to be removed to do an arm swap?

EDIT: Didn't realize that Bane doesn't have that joint, so it would have to be an entire arm swap.

Last edited:

Can we have some attempts at the Boss pose by those who have the figure, please? To see what is achievable and what isn't.

Back