Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Would also like to know this ^

Is it the same body as the DX t800?

my understanding is that the only difference between the t-800 and this is the texture of the rubbery part of the body (more detailed on the t-800).

you get the deeper articulation with this body or the t-800 (the arms are the same on both).

The dx10 body has double jointed elbows.

It's funny how so many people refer to this as the boss pose, not just here. I wonder how that started. Anyone that watches the NFL knows this comes from NFL players for many decades standing on the sidelines holding their pads. I remember seeing this in footage going back to before the Superbowl started in the early 60s. I know Hardy is a big NFL fan, and Bane is wearing body pads not that different than what NFL players wear. Kind of funny how Bane goes to an NFL game in the movie.

mark-sanchez-holding-pads.jpg

people have been standing like this for eons. it's just a comfortable way to stand, especially if you are supporting a lot of body or clothing weight.

so it probably doesn't "come from" anywhere in particular ~ it's just a good swagger stance that conveys power.

It's funny how so many people refer to this as the boss pose, not just here. I wonder how that started. Anyone that watches the NFL knows this comes from NFL players for many decades standing on the sidelines holding their pads. I remember seeing this in footage going back to before the Superbowl started in the early 60s. I know Hardy is a big NFL fan, and Bane is wearing body pads not that different than what NFL players wear. Kind of funny how Bane goes to an NFL game in the movie.

and

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

people have been standing like this for eons. it's just a comfortable way to stand, especially if you are supporting a lot of body or clothing weight.

so it probably doesn't "come from" anywhere in particular ~ it's just a good swagger stance that conveys power.

Yeah I didnt word that right. It didnt come from the NFL, but I meant its probably publicly seen there the most often, at least in the US since players from every game stand like this.

that's what i am planning to do as well.

: D

It would be cool to be able to do the boss pose with Bane but I'm not sure I care about it enough to buy a whole extra body lol.

Here's my DX Arnie - which is on that new body. I tried the Boss pose; I know he has a jacket on which is restricting movement but I wanted to give an impression how much Bane's jacket might affect the pose. I don't know what Bane's jacket is lke in hand or how moveable/restrictive it is. This is the best I could get it - there was no way he was going to be able to grab his jacket; his arms would have snapped.

Not to mention it will be missing the scar.

yeah, but if he's wearing the coat, the scar won't show anyway.

i want the extra posability, not just the one pose. i buy extra bodies for many of my figures because i like to actually play with them.

: D

Here's my DX Arnie - which is on that new body. I tried the Boss pose; I know he has a jacket on which is restricting movement but I wanted to give an impression how much Bane's jacket might affect the pose. I don't know what Bane's jacket is lke in hand or how moveable/restrictive it is. This is the best I could get it - there was no way he was going to be able to grab his jacket; his arms would have snapped.

hmmmmm...

can you push his shoulders and elbows back to get the hands closer in?

I recieved the slick willy Trialmaster jacket today. Threw it onto a HT Dutch body and slapped on the mod pants I am using for a custom. The jacket is actually pretty nice. It is a thin material in the shoulders so you can work the sleeves up the arm to give some bulk. If you were wondering if it would fit banes body with the vest, I am going to say it will. There is plenty of room in the chest and a bunch of room at the torso for the support belt.

This will be a great custom, just picked up another one for the stock exchange to make a pull over vest for that look. Bane has so many combinations, it is really going to be a fun figure to create different versions from the movie! :yess:

banefront_zpsb23b259b.jpg
"]

baneback_zpsae314a07.jpeg

baneside_zpsdc41cf91.jpeg

That looks great!

Do you have a link to where I could get the jacket?

hmmmmm...

can you push his shoulders and elbows back to get the hands closer in?

It makes his hands go lower meaning he is grabbing more at his waist than his chest.

I futzed with it for a while, figuring out how best to manipulate the body to get the pose we want and that's the best I could get. I tried it without the jacket or t-shirt and his fingers just touch his chest.

It makes his hands go lower meaning he is grabbing more at his waist than his chest.

I futzed with it for a while, figuring out how best to manipulate the body to get the pose we want and that's the best I could get. I tried it without the jacket or t-shirt and his fingers just touch his chest.

rats! is the muscle body still less flexible than the narrow or regular? i'm pretty sure a narrow can do this without any problem.

There is no way, without mods, to get the hands to the desired height/pose for the 'boss pose' even without the coat.

Well since I don't want to buy extra bodies or strain/break his arms to do the boss pose I will be posing him like this. Except from the front.

dark-knight-rises-bane-tom-hardy-211.jpg

And I think that pose is pretty boss in itself.

I've found that extremely difficult to achieve also unfortunately. :(

Back