Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

:exactly: 100% agree. People's expectations are so high for them to look 100% life-like. But its just is and always will be a 1/6 toy. Very hard to achieve perfect human likeness and clothing at this size. But they get better every year. Even the best most incredible custom made toys look like toys to me. Which is what I expect them to be...toys. So for these being massed produced toys, for me Hot Toys always does a great job.

:goodpost: My sentiments exactly.

Seconded!!

Alot of people have unreal expectations with regards to hot toys..the key word is TOYS!

Same thing I said during the Catwoman body (i.e. butt) debate. While there made by Hot TOYS, and they are just very high end action figures. At the point your spending upwards of 200 dollars, they stop being toys to me and are more like poseable art collectibles.

That being said I like the pictures enough to get this one, even with some flaws I think it looks pretty cool.

:exactly: 100% agree. People's expectations are so high for them to look 100% life-like. But its just is and always will be a 1/6 toy. Very hard to achieve perfect human likeness and clothing at this size. But they get better every year. Even the best most incredible custom made toys look like toys to me. Which is what I expect them to be...toys. So for these being massed produced toys, for me Hot Toys always does a great job.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

100% Agreed!

I'm not going to lie, I'm going to be modding this a bit, but even if I didn't, this would still be a great release to me.

At the point your spending upwards of 200 dollars, they stop being toys to me and are more like poseable art collectibles.

they're still toys to me ~ beautiful and expensive toys, sure, but toys nonetheless.

i love them just the way they are.

Well, lets look on the bright side, the rest of the Hot Toys releases for 2013 can only go up hill after this turd.

If you think this is turd maybe you need to find yourself another hobby because I reckon you're in for a year of disappointment

As much as people helm these figures as "high-end collectibles", they're still toys, even the really amazing ones. While I can understand why people would be so critical with these figures, I don't see why people feel the need to downplay what's basically a solid figure in this case. I don't mind people voicing out their opinions as I actually consider people's nit-picking (hell I'm glad that people did complain about it since it seemed to have helped in improving this figure even if only somewhat), but completely downplaying the overall effort of the company under the notion of "negative criticism" is just plain unfair and comes across as trying to be a smart***.

I never like enforcing the idea of "don't like, don't buy" since there's nothing wrong about being unsatisfied with the product that's being offered, but at this point when hefty amounts of money is concerned, certainly people can find themselves just skipping on a figure if it doesn't meet their expectations and move on with it. Years of collecting have taught me to simply go for the figures that I really want (be it from a design standpoint or because it's a specific character I love), and if a figure doesn't meet the kind of standard that I'm looking for, then I shouldn't settle for anything less. Maybe you really wanted the character, but the figure just doesn't match what you want? Better that I keep my money than mulling over a figure that I barely had interest in or one that I'm losing sleep over because of some little inaccuracy.

Perhaps some people might say that I'm too passive or that my standards are "low" (regarding this figure anyway), or maybe I'm just more forgiving than those perfectionists who want a real live person in costume shrunk down in front of them. Still, accounting for general standards of 1/6 figures and stuff I've seen by customizers, this figure is still pretty high-end in its own right in comparison to a lot of stuff out there. It's definitely solid enough that I'd even go so far as to say that it can actually stand out on a shelf.

If you think this is turd maybe you need to find yourself another hobby because I reckon you're in for a year of disappointment
I see where Difabio coming from. This figure is def underwhelming compared to many recent releases. I don't think this figure is a "turd" though in fact I plan on grabbing it up as soon as the price is right. Hopefully we see better than this in 2013 because I think 2012 releases will be hard to top.

Last edited:

I see where he's coming from. This figure is def underwhelming compared to many recent releases.

It's underwhelming because this aint a DX compared to other recent releases. This to me looks every bit as good as every other standard MMS release Hot Toys have done recently or have coming out in the near future

It's underwhelming because this aint a DX compared to other recent releases. This to me looks every bit as good as every other standard MMS release Hot Toys have done recently or have coming out in the near future

Doesn't look near as good as their Avengers releases.

As much as people helm these figures as "high-end collectibles", they're still toys, even the really amazing ones. While I can understand why people would be so critical with these figures, I don't see why people feel the need to downplay what's basically a solid figure in this case. I don't mind people voicing out their opinions as I actually consider people's nit-picking (hell I'm glad that people did complain about it since it seemed to have helped in improving this figure even if only somewhat), but completely downplaying the overall effort of the company under the notion of "negative criticism" is just plain unfair and comes across as trying to be a smart***.

I never like enforcing the idea of "don't like, don't buy" since there's nothing wrong about being unsatisfied with the product that's being offered, but at this point when hefty amounts of money is concerned, certainly people can find themselves just skipping on a figure if it doesn't meet their expectations and move on with it. Years of collecting have taught me to simply go for the figures that I really want (be it from a design standpoint or because it's a specific character I love), and if a figure doesn't meet the kind of standard that I'm looking for, then I shouldn't settle for anything less. Maybe you really wanted the character, but the figure just doesn't match what you want? Better that I keep my money than mulling over a figure that I barely had interest in or one that I'm losing sleep over because of some little inaccuracy.

Perhaps some people might say that I'm too passive or that my standards are "low" (regarding this figure anyway), or maybe I'm just more forgiving than those perfectionists who want a real live person in costume shrunk down in front of them. Still, accounting for general standards of 1/6 figures and stuff I've seen by customizers, this figure is still pretty high-end in its own right in comparison to a lot of stuff out there. It's definitely solid enough that I'd even go so far as to say that it can actually stand out on a shelf.

:exactly::exactly:

Aside from the nose issue, which is deffinitely there but I don't think is that bad, I think the figure looks fantastic and way better then the prototype. Just going by the proto pics I thought he'd only look good with the jacket on, but after seeing the final product I think he'll look good no matter what look you put him in.

If it makes anyone feel better...I think this looks better than the Amazing Spider-Man figure from Hot Toys :dunno

Decent looking figure. Definitely not their most accurate but I think he'll still look good on the shelf.

If it makes anyone feel better...I think this looks better than the Amazing Spider-Man figure from Hot Toys :dunno

I agree, there's only actually 2 figures that would make me regret jumping on this as quickly as I did, the DX11 and Loki (yes he's an MMS release which contradicts my previous comment about them all being standard figures but I love the character more than I do Bane). I reckon I'm fairly safe that neither of those will be released this month though....

Yes, yes, yes. The mask looks off, as well as the color, it's way to blue imo. But these paint edits of photo's are not really necessary ;)

Annotated picture >>> a paragraph of explanation.

Oh, and I did it in Preview, not paint. ;)

Most figures don't hold up right next to a screenshot. I still like the figure and thinks its a passable profile shot.

Still Team Maglor.

:lol Problem is, I still don't know what team I'm on.

Honestly, the only issue I've had with this figure from the start was the flat face. I don't care about color's being off 1/2 a shade or his traps not being sky high.

Decent looking figure. Definitely not their most accurate but I think he'll still look good on the shelf.

:exactly: That's always the bottom line with me.

I just ordered this figure . I'm sorry but with the jacket on it looks incredible . I wish I could see some photos with the sweater on him. It will look so cool! I can't wait for this!

Found a picture of Bane unmasked.
See, HT got the mask right.

Baneunmasked_zps0f6f3d14.jpg

:mwaha:rotfl:mwaha

:clap

Back