Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

The image below is the one that really doesn't do the figure any favors. I mean, it really does look pretty awful there. It's amazing HT even used it to promote the figure. But, in some other images he doesn't look totally awful. Even with the jacket off. One thing I want to know is will he look good in his brown shirt as there haven't been any images of that yet.
25997-00.jpg

Other than the headsculpt I havent seen one picture...even at the conventions, that this figure looked remotely good to me.

The image below is the one that really doesn't do the figure any favors. I mean, it really does look pretty awful there. It's amazing HT even used it to promote the figure. But, in some other images he doesn't look totally awful. Even with the jacket off. One thing I want to know is will he look good in his brown shirt as there haven't been any images of that yet.
25997-00.jpg

I really hope they tweek it because I want a bane.

I really hope as well, that they improve the muscle body. Too late for me to not like it, as I already pre-ordered him. :slap

25997-00.jpg

I wonder how the figure looks in this pose from the back view? Maybe HT was going for this....

BANE01.jpg

....one of my favorite stills from the movie. It's what came to mind when I saw this pose.

I'd like to see the figure in some pics with that dark shirt on as well.
I'm still really looking forward to this figure...

Looking forward to any updated images of this figure....any come up anywhere yet?

I really hope as well, that they improve the muscle body. Too late for me to not like it, as I already pre-ordered him. :slap

I didn't see him have a NRD, so you can still get out of it while you still can.

I wonder how the figure looks in this pose from the back view? Maybe HT was going for this....

BANE01.jpg

....one of my favorite stills from the movie. It's what came to mind when I saw this pose.

I'd like to see the figure in some pics with that dark shirt on as well.
I'm still really looking forward to this figure...

Looking forward to any updated images of this figure....any come up anywhere yet?

Yea, that is a great pose and it would be great to have that option if the figure itself looks good in that pose. I'm not sure it will unless they fix the body, though. As for more pics, I've seen a few from toy fairs/conventions where Hot Toys has some of their figures set up. Honestly, it hasn't looked much better. In fact, I'd say he looks a bit worse and all the pictures I've seen he's wearing the jacket which he looks pretty good in in the promo pics, but not so much the amateur shots I've seen from the conventions. If we're lucky HT wil fix the body or at the very least the pictures aren't doing him justice and he'll look much better in hand.

If I'm not mistaken bane didn't get as much profile shots like Cat Woman proto has....Could this mean That Bane is still in the works?
I've never seen one shot that determines if this figure has the neck scar.

I didn't see him have a NRD, so you can still get out of it while you still can.

I pre-ordered Bane via a local retailer (non-US), so there's no NRD. All pre-orders are non-refundable. Price will be significantly cheaper than Sideshow pre-orders though, plus I just have to pick it up from the store.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I actually like him better without the coat on. I feel that his arms are actually pretty in proportion, rather it's the larger traps that he's really in need of right now. With the coat on, that missing bulk actually feels more obvious, hence my preference for the coatless look. Also re-reading most of Bane's notable appearances in the comics, I feel that his general physique got exaggerated over the years in other forms of media, whereas in the comics he was just a really well-built big guy (not a Hulk-ish character at all, even some figures exaggerate his proportions). So really this figure doesn't look that bad when you take that into consideration. Judging by the pics I feel like the person taking the photos just didn't pose him well (the body actually looks like it has some potential to look good), so it really doesn't help in selling the figure which is a shame.

I already pre-ordered him at AmiAmi, so I can't wait to see how he looks in person when he comes out.

Last edited:

Why would you need to PO him in amiami, unless you are in Japan? :lol very overpriced to get US stuff from Japan based company.

Bane is still some way of release I expect a HT revision, then again I might be compleatly wrong :dunno

Why would you need to PO him in amiami, unless you are in Japan? :lol very overpriced to get US stuff from Japan based company.

You do realize his price there is just about $170-180 right? Also I order from AmiAmi regularly, so I'm actually using my accumulated points there to lower his price even further. :)

Last edited:

You do realize his price there is just about $170-180 right? Also I order from AmiAmi regularly, so I'm actually using my accumulated points there to lower his price even further. :)

And you also need to add shipping from Japan + custom tax?

And you also need to add shipping from Japan + custom tax?

I'm don't mind the shipping. Like I said, I order regularly from AmiAmi, so having Bane shipped potentially with other items I have on order will actually make it easier for me more than anything (also Bane is the only one I'm buying from Hot Toys in this whole 'superhero season' anyway).

Last edited:

They teased this figure well before the Avengers line and yet they waited to show pics of it. I wonder if HOt Toys knows that theyve dropped the ball on this.

January 21st was the first teaser with full specs on July 18th. Considering how long the prototype had been in development there's no excuse for the amount of inaccuracies.

Back