Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Ha, noob. Yes I'm new to these parts, so what? The only thing I did was post a pic of a stock boot and tried to let others know where you could find them. Sorry if you felt I threatened your livelihood but I was only trying to be helpful.

We don't need to continue this back and forth. You win.

But before i go, you might want to come up with a term other than "noob." Makes you sound like a little kid. It's actually easier and shorter to spell "new". Try it sometime.

I should be getting my Bane today, I've read some things about how to get the pants looser and what not, but this being my first really premium figure, I don't want to mess anything up. Any really specific tips on how to loosen them?

Also I may be looking to get some new boots, and I for sure want a Trialmaster or a knock off, but not for $175. Any leads or good starts on how to DIY? Thanks for any and all help

Hey TanneRain.

I posted where I found some boots a couple posts back. Haven't seen any knock off Trailmaster type jackets yet. To be honest, you probably won't find one worth buying besides that one.

There's also members here who do really nice custom pieces. I haven't purchased any but based on feedback from other members, the quality and craftsmanship is well done.

Good luck customizing.

Hey TanneRain.

I posted where I found some boots a couple posts back. Haven't seen any knock off Trailmaster type jackets yet. To be honest, you probably won't find one worth buying besides that one.

There's also members here who do really nice custom pieces. I haven't purchased any but based on feedback from other members, the quality and craftsmanship is well done.

Good luck customizing.

Yea I just bookmarked your post a couple minutes ago, I also know Ecko does some great stuff. I really want a trialmaster but $175 seems pretty hefty.

That's about right.

I find it's better to just turn off the rational part of your brain when making purchases. There's no way many of the things I buy are worth what I'm paying. But the feeling I get when I look at my collection is priceless.

This hobby really does make me feel like a kid again. My wife doesn't get it but I have two young boys who love helping dad swap out hands and head sculpts and posing our "guys" in new ways. The hard part is getting them to understand that we can't play with them, only pose them.

Just got these "installed" on Bane. Stock M43 strap boots from New Line Miniatures. Monkey Depot carries them for around $20 shipped. They don't have the third strap across the top of the foot but these are miles above the craptastic stock boot. I may darken them a bit with shoe polish, not sure yet. Just wanted to give the Freaks a heads up.

Note: they're real leather and you'll need feet and pegs. I also had a spare pair of socks for a more snug fit.

Hey Thanks for the heads up! Its good option indeed. What do you mean by "installed" did you have to mod your figure in some way to make this work?

I should be getting my Bane today, I've read some things about how to get the pants looser and what not, but this being my first really premium figure, I don't want to mess anything up. Any really specific tips on how to loosen them?

Also I may be looking to get some new boots, and I for sure want a Trialmaster or a knock off, but not for $175. Any leads or good starts on how to DIY? Thanks for any and all help

Personally I wouldn't get a trailmaster jacket for that look unless you're a hardcore bane/TDKR fan. His most iconic look is the vested and jacket look, which are both included with the figure anyways. Just my rationale on helping you save $175 dollars, which can be put towards another Hot toys or what not :lol

Personally I wouldn't get a trailmaster jacket for that look unless you're a hardcore bane/TDKR fan. His most iconic look is the vested and jacket look, which are both included with the figure anyways. Just my rationale on helping you save $175 dollars, which can be put towards another Hot toys or what not :lol

Ha, I'm a huge Bane and TDKR guy,but I have no immediate plans for a $175 jacket. I'd put that towards another figure in a heartbeat.

Pretty sure I saw them selling for $175 in another thread.

I'd hazard a guess that those are most likely the custom-made jacket that's scratch-made for the sake of movie accuracy. Beyond that, other people have been using the Trialmaster jacket from the I Am Legend set which normally cost around $40-50 on its own (can be found on eBay, but a lot of the ones left are often packed with the rest of full I Am Legend set which costs around $70-80).

Just got my figure, got the sweater and vest back on but I'm having trouble getting the vest straps attached to the vest/sash thing. Any tips?

Just got my first Hot Toys figure. LOVE IT. Thought I would display it with the jacket but it looks wonderful without it.
DSC_0687_zpsae85f710.jpg

DSC_0689_zpsd42cddad.jpg

DSC_0692_zps46c062cf.jpg

Tried to make the pants baggier. Didn't turn out too bad.
DSC_0693_zpsebfd0152.jpg

Last edited:

Just got my figure, got the sweater and vest back on but I'm having trouble getting the vest straps attached to the vest/sash thing. Any tips?
Take your time and try not to throw him out the window. It can be frustratingly difficult.

I used small needle nose pliers to help guide the straps through the buckles. Try something like that or a tweezers. Should make it easier to hold he ends of the straps.

I can get them through fine I just know or what they attach to

I think I know what you're referring to but the instruction booklet explains it better than I can. Plus there are pics to reference.

Do you have the instructions?

Yea I have them but it's not making any sense to me. The two straps that hook the vest to the sash around the bottom buckle. I don't know where or if they Velcro, if they just tuck, etc. I thought I knew exactly what it did before I originally took the vest off, but I guess I did not.

Yea I have them but it's not making any sense to me. The two straps that hook the vest to the sash around the bottom buckle. I don't know where or if they Velcro, if they just tuck, etc. I thought I knew exactly what it did before I originally took the vest off, but I guess I did not.

I believe the ends just hang loose once they're through the buckle. I'll take a look when I get home and get back to you if your question hasn't been answered by then.

This is awesome! So is, hannibalcaine's.

What I'd love to see though is someone with one Bane but has every accessory going. All the jackets, pants, boots all laid out just to get an idea how loaded this figure could have been...

This figure should have been fully packed like the T-1000.

Back