Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Their whole fight is like that though. Like two kids playing with action figures in a sand box.

"Soooo, you came back to die with yo citeh".

"No, I came back to stop you."

*CUE EPIC MUSIC* Throw random punches! Batman gets a hit, Bane gets a hit, OMG all the cops are fighting at the same time! Coooooool!

I agree, the fight lacked some substance. I just watched the episode of Sopranos where Tony and Bobby fight at the cabin and that fight puts Bane vs Batman to shame, which is sad because I really want it to be a great fight but it just isn't.

The best fight I have seen on screen was in an episode of Deadwood. Was brutal, two guys fighting, no holds barred, no quarter given. One guy plucks the others eye out. Was everything you would expect a fight to the finish to be.

Back to Batman, I loved the fights in TDKR, all of them. Other than the final one taking place in the daylight, I thought they were all very Batman-ish. Whatever, I liked em and thought the movie was awesome, holes and all.

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about, it was ****ing awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DImh0ac-jdQ

I'm with you, man.

Besides, if the mask was so vital to Bane's strength and ability to endure pain, how could he possibly have ate enough between workouts to get so big without hitting the floor in agony or fatigue? IV nourishment??

Most superhero-y stuff is like that. You just have to stop thinking with any great depth and just enjoy the ride.

People just dig what they dig, I guess.
My two pennies...

My contribution.
20130413_192749_zps944ccf0b.jpg

20130413_192718_zps919e9755.jpg

Besides, if the mask was so vital to Bane's strength and ability to endure pain, how could he possibly have ate enough between workouts to get so big without hitting the floor in agony or fatigue? IV nourishment??

Really, dude? Is it that hard to imagine?

He's in pain when he eats. That doesn't mean he doesn't eat, or that he would completely collapse without the mask. How do you think people eat in real life, even with chronic pain?

On top of that, he's clearly a very angry dude, and that anger and pain drives him. I'm sure that's part of what it takes for him to focus on training.

Pretty cool [ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fLFAXvFYhsE[/ame]

I don't think I have seen many pics posted of him like this.

f18eb6b4-5c1c-4164-a79e-9c1c7a37b66e_zps64459aa0.jpg

He's in pain when he eats. That doesn't mean he doesn't eat, or that he would completely collapse without the mask. How do you think people eat in real life, even with chronic pain?

On top of that, he's clearly a very angry dude, and that anger and pain drives him. I'm sure that's part of what it takes for him to focus on training.

Understood. It was a poor example on my part. I was more making a point on how some overthink obvious fiction or find things to nitpick in movies.

That said, you actually make excellent points.
I am a fool. :)

But how many people with chronic pain have physiques like Bane? He'd have to have some insane diet. With the amount of eating he'd have to do(presumably once every two to three hours like typical bodybuilders) he's be vulnerable WAY too often every time he took off his mask to eat.

EDIT: Also, he would collapse without his mask. When Batman broke it in the movie, Bane couldn't even stand up.

Last edited:

But how many people with chronic pain have physiques like Bane? He'd have to have some insane diet. With the amount of eating he'd have to do(presumably once every two to three hours like typical bodybuilders) he's be vulnerable WAY too often every time he took off his mask to eat.

That's crossed my mind too

The best fight I have seen on screen was in an episode of Deadwood. Was brutal, two guys fighting, no holds barred, no quarter given. One guy plucks the others eye out. Was everything you would expect a fight to the finish to be.

Back to Batman, I loved the fights in TDKR, all of them. Other than the final one taking place in the daylight, I thought they were all very Batman-ish. Whatever, I liked em and thought the movie was awesome, holes and all.

It was swearengens guy vs hearsts guy. Brutal fight

Now we've gone from questioning the final fight scene's choreography to debating how and when Bane would eat to maintain his physique.

In the end, it doesn't matter. The Dark Knight Rises is an awesome movie. And more on topic, none of this takes away from the fact that Hot Toys Bane is an absolutely awesome figure.:lol

Now we've gone from questioning the final fight scene's choreography to debating how and when Bane would eat to maintain his physique.

In the end, it doesn't matter. The Dark Knight Rises is an awesome movie. And more on topic, none of this takes away from the fact that Hot Toys Bane is an absolutely awesome figure.:lol

Not gonna lie, I joined in on the debate late and didn't see where it started. :p I just have a number of problems with DKR, especially for a movie that's supposed to be more grounded in reality and expects to be taken seriously.

And while I disagree with you about the movie being awesome, I do agree that Bane is a damn cool figure. :)

I missed out on Bane with OSB so went with ToyHQ due to the initial disappointment with the proto pics, pre-ordered him in Jan, got the invoice Monday, dispatched Tuesday, in my hand on Wednesday. Great service.

Seems that we have a pretty great selection of sellers in the UK.

I got my DX09 from FP, can't fault them, they got it quite early compared to other UK based stores and shipping was £1 IIRC, still won;t use them again after hearing horror stories from others!

You guys know that there in fact two FORBIDDEN PLANETs from which you can order items on-line...right?

There's....

https://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/

and

https://forbiddenplanet.com/

Apparently (and I can stand correction here, if I am wrong) two original partners split the business and went their separate ways, but both want to keep the name, hence...

.... Yep I knew, the .com is based around the London megastore that I've spent way too much money in over the years and a few others.

I've heard people having problems with both with Hot Toys figs.

You guys know that there in fact two FORBIDDEN PLANETs from which you can order items on-line...right?

There's....

https://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/

and

https://forbiddenplanet.com/

Apparently (and I can stand correction here, if I am wrong) two original partners split the business and went their separate ways, but both want to keep the name, hence...

I've heard one is MUCH sketchier than the other, though I'm not sure which is which.

During training? Sure, he might be eating a lot, but once he'd reached the weight he needed/wanted, I don't think he'd need to eat every 2-3 hours.

And yes, he'd be vulnerable during eating, which is why he'd only be eating when in a calm, safe area, probably surrounded by his followers - not in a position where there's a possibility he'd have to exert himself or fight someone.

EDIT: Also, he would collapse without his mask. When Batman broke it in the movie, Bane couldn't even stand up.

Bane did indeed stand up and went insane, punching the **** out of a concrete pillar, amongst other things. Eventually he did collapse, but that was after he had already been exerting himself in the middle of a very intense fight. And once the mask was restored, he was up and about pretty quickly again.

I don't see why he wouldn't be able to steel himself for something much less physically taxing, like sitting down and eating at a table.

Back