Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Man, does he ever. Skinny, big headed etc. HT has gotten to the point in figure making that it's really unacceptable. Especially with the price point. Now if it was somehitng that wasn't 100% and I thought they really tried then I could forgive it. But this seems rushed and straight don't give a ****. No reason we shouldn't get a TT specific to Bane's body from the movie. None.

Agreed. That part just honestly does not make any sense to me. I know some one who's buying a completely different body just to have a more screen accurate Bane, but when you're paying nearly $200 for a freaking toy, you shouldn't have to do that. Silly Hot Toys. :slap

It looks to me like Bane may have worn different colored boots and different colored pants.

rises-ny-batman-vs-bane-wall-street-battle-05.jpg

tom-hardy-christian-bale-bane-batman-battle-01.jpg
greyish/blue pants and dark grey / black boots

darkknightrises-bane-wallstreet-wb.jpg
Olive pants and tanish boots

It looks to me like Bane may have worn different colored boots and different colored pants.

rises-ny-batman-vs-bane-wall-street-battle-05.jpg

tom-hardy-christian-bale-bane-batman-battle-01.jpg
greyish/blue pants and dark grey / black boots

darkknightrises-bane-wallstreet-wb.jpg
Olive pants and tanish boots

You're comparing behind the scenes pictures to official ones. Its all about editing bud.

You think will see him in a 1.1 bust or just 1/4 scale or maybe his head piece as a prop replica

Is it just me or is this figure growing on anyone else? It doesn't look half bad in those photos. The jacket still need some major weathering though.

Yep. Kind of wish it were possible for him to do his Boss pose.

:exactly::exactly:

I just got done watching Warrior... And Im gonna have to humbly disaggree about the traps debate. Hardy's traps are HUGE and theres no camera tricks in Warrior so Im 100% they need to be bigger on the figure.

:lol at his tiny everything!

It's like a bane mini me. Devil....where are you? :)

The big head doesn't help. :lol

Still doesn't impress me, about his size.. hope HT will put some muscles into this guys :D

figure is perfect other than the coat which is ok and the muscles which also are ok because i really like the coat look.
so im very happy with this.

I just got done watching Warrior... And Im gonna have to humbly disaggree about the traps debate. Hardy's traps are HUGE and theres no camera tricks in Warrior so Im 100% they need to be bigger on the figure.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

:lol at his tiny everything!

It's like a bane mini me. Devil....where are you? :)

:lol

The big head doesn't help. :lol

yeah and for a company with a track record of making the heads too small, the fact that Banes head looks too big just highlights how off the body size is

Is it me or is the paint on the tubes on his mask too....thick? I dunno how to describe it, I've painted figures in the past and when you apply to much paint on something it shows.
bane-tom-hardy-dark-knight-rises.jpg

The mask overall could also be a bit more weathered/brownish. God.....I feel like such a whiner sometimes. :stick

Now that I think about it he looks like he just came of the training grounds, fresh new coat and clothes, looks kinda young and he's not that buff yet like in the movies. If I'm not mistaken Bane's suppose to be older then Batman in the film, wasn't Bane suppose to be like...around 40-ish? He's an older experienced dude that's seen lots of things and has done lots of military operations (hence his self confidence and that of his "plan" to destroy Gotham, he's done this kind of stuff before). I can't see that in the figure, case in point: wear and tear! And more muscles! Head sculpt, paint wise could be a lot better as well!

Last edited:

While I am a fan of the sculpt overall, I do think the head should be a little wider... he looks a bit too egg-headed

And yeah weathering has never been a HT strong-point

I personally like the heasculpt as is but if I were to nitpick about it, I'd say his head should be smidge shorter and the mask a smidge wider.

I think one of the things that throws the body off is the long and skinny neck. Hardy has a thick, short neck. I think if the neck were to be shortened a little, it would really improve the figure.

Yeah Bane is meant to be older than Batman, Wayne himself is around 40 - accordingly to my estimates Bane would be late 40s if not 50.

Yeah Bane is meant to be older than Batman, Wayne himself is around 40 - accordingly to my estimates Bane would be late 40s if not 50.

:exactly:

Bane was like 30 years old when Miranda was like 10 years old.. How old is miranda in TDKR? I'll say she is 30 years old.. So you're probably right ...

Yup, Bane is a veteran alright, remember what he said during the fight scene? "Ahhh, You fight like a younger man, with nothing held back. Admirable but mistaken." when he said that I knew this was someone that had seen and fought lots of people before Batman, he was older and more experienced then him.

After seeing the great work Seb is doing to his custom made Bane, I can't wait to get this guy to customise and weather.

Last edited:
Back