Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glum_Liliputian.png

I still plan on popping the hair piece off this Marvel Select Black Widow (Yelena) & sending it to one of the action figure customizers who can make sized up casts. It looks similar enough to the BW movie hair & would end up looking a lot better than that lifeless, boxy carrot red hair HT went with...

BlackWidow.jpg

That looks pretty good, but blown up to 1/6th scale, it would probbbly look pretty bad. Increased in size the hair would likely have a "wormy-like" look to it.

ok.. I think I'm just going to go ahead and sculpt some hair for her myself at this point. Wish me luck?

Step one... aquire a black widow headsculpt

Well dogballs. There are "knock off" heads of hot toys black widow all over the ebays.

some company called ThreeM makes it. Huh. Looks like a repainted recast of the Iron man head with avengers hair. looks good, but no thankyou.

I ended up cancelling my Black Widow at Sideshow. I like the face sculpt but the hair just makes it look like a Barbie in my mind.

Anyone have any experience with shipping to Canada from Sideshow? Kind of wondering how much customs would charge.

I ended up cancelling my Black Widow at Sideshow. I like the face sculpt but the hair just makes it look like a Barbie in my mind.

Anyone have any experience with shipping to Canada from Sideshow? Kind of wondering how much customs would charge.

It cost $25.00 for the Delivery. You then pay Tax + $10.00 to FedEx, and that is all. That is my experience at least. That is all I had to pay for the Shredder Comiquette when I got it.

The dumbest part about hulk is his price, 300! Just for a large green muscular type! With no accessories or cool stand:thud:

Wtf hot toys that is outrageous considering he isnt dx or anything. how do they think they can get away with this?
I want hulk for my avengers but come on i mean it's bad enough Iron Man is 250 and barely comes with anything more than the mark v did.

With the Hulk I think we are paying for basically a lot more plasic! The Iron Monger costs over $100 more but comes with a lot of tooling and parts. Had the Hulk come with extra heads and more accessories, I think the price would've been much higher too. :slap

Which makes one think, we'll we get Hulk accessories with the Banner figure just to make that figure sell better.

With the Hulk I think we are paying for basically a lot more plasic! The Iron Monger costs over $100 more but comes with a lot of tooling and parts. Had the Hulk come with extra heads and more accessories, I think the price would've been much higher too. :slap

Which makes one think, we'll we get Hulk accessories with the Banner figure just to make that figure sell better.

They will sell Banner with a motorbike and double the price...

I'm so torn on this. 200 on a figure I don't really love, or having an incomplete Avengers team. Damn.

Haha. Shiiiit, all the other poses are gonna be taken so I'll have to come up with something original.

:duff

Lol nice. I give you props for originality and pure manliness. For without collectors like you, we would still be stuck in a PG-13 1/6 era. Bring on the Marvel vs DC lez diorama!

Brisasf.... has done it to a certain extend...
005444sm5jt2t44m2oog2m.jpg

005436wl5xs53e233zel3t.jpg

I think this figure came out very well, not as good as the proto but still a great addition to the avengers line up. I love HT female releases they look great on display with the male driven lines.

It cost $25.00 for the Delivery. You then pay Tax + $10.00 to FedEx, and that is all. That is my experience at least. That is all I had to pay for the Shredder Comiquette when I got it.

Thanks, was just wondering cause everyone was warning me that it would be so much more expensive to order directly from them. Got Captain America at a local store in Vancouver and the price without tax was 219 but with tax it come down to 256.

About Black Widow, I knew about the rooted hair and still put in a pre-order. Just looking at the final product pictures I really didn't like it anymore. The hair was a huge part of that. It just looked too off for me.

They are making a product.
If you want it, buy it.
If not, don't bother.
Don't complain about the price if you can't afford it.
I can't afford a Ferrari. You don't see me moaning about it...

I can afford it smartass i was just saying that its bull**** to pay 300 for figure that isn't even dx. It's just a large muscular type there isn't anything complicated about its design that warrants all that extra cost.

Other than iron man he's going to be the most expensive avenger figure, but iron man i can understand since he has so much detail and parts, hulk has nothing!
Whatever dude i'm not going to argue about this i just think for 300 dollars you should get your money worth and all hulk offers over the other avengers is size.

I can afford it smartass i was just saying that its bull**** to pay 300 for figure that isn't even dx. It's just a large muscular type there isn't anything complicated about its design that warrants all that extra cost.

I can see DX releases moving up a lot in price soon :(

When the Avengers 2 come out, we will look back at how inexpensive :)slap) the figures from the 1st movie were.

Hulk on Black Widow's body...make it happen.
:lol

Damn she's already being parted out on ebay. When i finally get this and catwoman, im gonna take and post some lesbionic pics and make those naked babydoll pics look like NickJr compared to what i have

i+don%27t+even+care+who+wins.png

Back