Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after that angelica and rescue cap headsculpts, i really thought hot toys is starting to drop balls.

never liked proto pics of nick fury. based on that , i only wanted the 4 core avengers...

and then i impulse bought fury and my mind was blown. this things are different inhand.

my point is, hawkeye and that renner sculpt will be tremendous inhand. cant wait for next week!

THEY ARE ASSEMBLING!!!
:exactly:

They look very different inhand. I was nervous about Fury and Gordon until I opened the box, They look so much better than the photos.

Did they change the sculpt on this? Looks different than before, I thought it looked more like him in the previous pictures or is it just the lighting?

Lighting makes a huge difference.

That's how they can sometimes look like a different sculpt. A lot of times they're kinda shiny compared to the promo.

Is their process something like this: handsculpt the proto, digitally scan it and use the digital model for the actual mold? Might explain all the smoothed out contours we've been seeing (Hugo Weaving's HS for one).

Likeness is great IMO, but the mushy soft production sculpts that started this summer continue to plague Hot Toys' releases. Compare the lips to see where detail has been completely wiped away in the production head

IMO they began to use different matt varnishes which are obviously low quality ones since they give gloss anyway.
Very few companies producing good matte varnish today so it's not HT's fault but still a big production scale problem :monkey2

Saw these on FB - actually looking quite cool in natural lighting:

548837_365321260213435_259732698_n.jpg

561119_365321310213430_1943922430_n.jpg

400812_365321320213429_291955372_n.jpg

552159_365321333546761_1367747154_n.jpg

In the last pic Ithere's a definite ressemblance to Renner.

Huh you can pull the bow back. That is nice. Not sure if I will rethink not buying him or not. I grown up with him with the purple on. I know why they did it but still.

I wonder how durable the bow string is...

I have the Abigail Whistler figure from Blade 2 posed with a drawn bow. For at least 6 months, maybe even closing in on a year already. The bowstring, has still plenty of elasticity. It has loosened up a little, but when the bow is undrawn it still sits like it should.

If this is the same material I'm not too worried.

I have the Abigail Whistler figure from Blade 2 posed with a drawn bow. For at least 6 months, maybe even closing in on a year already. The bowstring, has still plenty of elasticity. It has loosened up a little, but when the bow is undrawn it still sits like it should.

If this is the same material I'm not too worried.

Awesome!
I do hope Hawkeye's bow can hold it's shape over the long run.

561119_365321310213430_1943922430_n.jpg

CRAP, I *didn't* order one!

Oh well, Avengers 2 is a-brewin'. :snake

p.s. Elastic thread should be readily available at your nearest craft store, should there be a problem. It should come in a bunch of sizes/thicknesses.

Back